+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Hi. Also my email did not say to send my photos to VFS. It just says that visa exempt nationals cannot upload photos to their online accounts but are required to mail/courier the photos. I assumed that they were to be sent to the VO. My understanding of the passport transmission fee is that it is meant for people who are from countries requiring visas to enter Canada as the COPR/entry visa needed to be placed in the passport.
I could have totally misunderstood the context of the email that I received but I am hoping that I did not. I am just nervously waiting for the receipt of my COPR. Alexn has received his and my paperwork seems to be running about 8 days after his although I will count today out as it is a holiday in Canada so LVO is closed. Happy Canada Day by the way. :)
His email says:

'Please submit your package to the nearest Visa Application Centre along with the VAC Passport Transmission fee.

For Passport Transmission instructions and fee details, please visit:

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/

If you have submitted your passport(s), you should expect to be without it/them for four weeks, so do not arrange any travel that will require your passport(s) during this period.

If you have not heard from us after four weeks, you may contact us via webform. We will not respond to queries received during this four week period.

If you have submitted your passport(s), you should expect to be without it/them for four weeks, so do not arrange any travel that will require your passport(s) during this period.

If you have not heard from us after four weeks, you may contact us using the email form on our website. We will not respond to queries received during this four week period.'

But at the bottom it says:

'Immigration Section – London | Section de l’immigration – Londres

High Commission of Canada | Haut-commissariat du Canada

Canada House | La Maison du Canada | Trafalgar Square, London | Londres SW1Y 5BJ

Email – courriel: ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca'

Clear as mud.

His photo appointment is 14th July, so will be ringing High Commission London / VFS before then to find out where to send and do we need to do courier with return fees.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
His email says:

'Please submit your package to the nearest Visa Application Centre along with the VAC Passport Transmission fee.

For Passport Transmission instructions and fee details, please visit:

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/

If you have not heard from us after four weeks, you may contact us via webform. We will not respond to queries received during this four week period.

If you have not heard from us after four weeks, you may contact us using the email form on our website. We will not respond to queries received during this four week period.'

But at the bottom it says:

'Immigration Section – London | Section de l’immigration – Londres

High Commission of Canada | Haut-commissariat du Canada

Canada House | La Maison du Canada | Trafalgar Square, London | Londres SW1Y 5BJ

Email – courriel: ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca'

Clear as mud.

His photo appointment is 14th July, so will be ringing High Commission London / VFS before then to find out where to send and do we need to do courier with return fees.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks!
You submit through VFS.

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
You submit through VFS.
I understood that to mean that if you were outside of England you needed to take your photos and/ or documents to a vac center. Seeing as LVO deals with 17 other countries. But hey I could be wrong. I guess I will find out when I get my COPR.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I understood that to mean that if you were outside of England you needed to take your photos and/ or documents to a vac center. Seeing as LVO deals with 17 other countries. But hey I could be wrong. I guess I will find out when I get my COPR.
Yes, the VACs are run by VFS, so in this context the same thing.

Reactions: Babydoll2305

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
It's a handling fee for vfs, moving the stuff they get, etc - call it a file or the docs submission, whatever.

I can't say for certain, was told though that the photos submitted are in fact used for the PR card. Again, whatever, they require a physical photo.
Then I stand corrected with regards to the photographs and to answer your question as to why they do not take digital copies is probably because of the possibility that the images can be altered before submission. That is just my assumption. Again I could be proved wrong.

Reactions: armoured

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Yes, the VACs are run by VFS, so in this context the same thing.
I am aware of that. I was just saying that I took the instruction in the email from LVO to submit your documents to VFS to be directed more towards applicants who are not in England as the safest and most reliable way for them to receive your documents without having to rely on local postal services. I uploaded my documents via webform and I mailed my photos to the Immigration Section at the Canadian High Commission. Like I said I could have read the instructions in my email wrong. Time will tell.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am aware of that. I was just saying that I took the instruction in the email from LVO to submit your documents to VFS to be directed more towards applicants who are not in England as the safest and most reliable way for them to receive your documents without having to rely on local postal services. I uploaded my documents via webform and I mailed my photos to the Immigration Section at the Canadian High Commission. Like I said I could have read the instructions in my email wrong. Time will tell.
Apologies if I sounded categorical when I should have emphasized: follow the instructions in the letter in almost all cases. If I'm saying something that directly contradicts what's in the letters, hopefully it's because circumstances are a bit different (eg PA in a country different than the visa office anticipated or some other particular situation); but it's not impossible I'm wrong. And after all, the procedures do change from time to time esp in covid times.

Or perhaps most likely: the entirety of the letter was not posted or read thoroughly by the person receiving it and they left out crucial info. (Not accusing anyone of that but ... that's a very frequent occurrence here).

I do not know exactly how each embassy/consular visa office handling PPR/COPR issuance is working. The process for handling PPR/COPR may be different for UK applicants resident in the UK. I definitely have seen some files where that was the case, don't know about right now. I think I can say with some confidence that if the VFS offices are open and accepting documents for submission, applicants CAN submit through them, even if the instructions don't say so - and they won't need to get cross-border return prepaid delivery arranged (VFS will handle that, that's what the fee is for). But of course check with your local VFS office.

OR - I have personally experienced short-term case where visa office was instructing applicants to send directly to the embassy visa office - because the VFS offices were closed throughout the region. They continued to do this until the VFS offices re-opened, and there was some overlap and confusion. But that was very much a temporary issue due to the covid closures and gaps between what was happening in different places (and some bad communication everywhere, including between different IRCC offices).

[For the details from memory: Warsaw was saying to send directly to embassy address, even from other countries. Embassy Moscow - which normally handles and prints them for applicants there, even if Warsaw handled the file - were completely surprised by this because they could have handled that but Warsaw hadn't advised (I happened to be in touch with someone at the embassy). AND there was/is a serious legal issue that by Russian law, you can't mail/courier Russian passports across borders. AND they all knew the VFS offices in most of the countries were about to open but they didn't know exactly when. In short it was a mess but in the end it worked out better for us to wait and send through VFS. Due to another unrelated development, we had to send our docs twice for the COPRs and visas and each time the counterfoil was done in a different embassy office for no reason that I knew about.]

Anyway sorry for this rambling - not trying to disagree with anyone's instructions.

Short form: follow the instructions. If in doubt, probalby still follow the instructions, but contacting VFS and seeing if it can be done through them won't hurt. If the instructions really don't make sense, you can try VFS or IRCC, but often harder to get a direct answer from IRCC/longer delays.

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Apologies if I sounded categorical when I should have emphasized: follow the instructions in the letter in almost all cases. If I'm saying something that directly contradicts what's in the letters, hopefully it's because circumstances are a bit different (eg PA in a country different than the visa office anticipated or some other particular situation); but it's not impossible I'm wrong. And after all, the procedures do change from time to time esp in covid times.

Or perhaps most likely: the entirety of the letter was not posted or read thoroughly by the person receiving it and they left out crucial info. (Not accusing anyone of that but ... that's a very frequent occurrence here).

I do not know exactly how each embassy/consular visa office handling PPR/COPR issuance is working. The process for handling PPR/COPR may be different for UK applicants resident in the UK. I definitely have seen some files where that was the case, don't know about right now. I think I can say with some confidence that if the VFS offices are open and accepting documents for submission, applicants CAN submit through them, even if the instructions don't say so - and they won't need to get cross-border return prepaid delivery arranged (VFS will handle that, that's what the fee is for). But of course check with your local VFS office.

OR - I have personally experienced short-term case where visa office was instructing applicants to send directly to the embassy visa office - because the VFS offices were closed throughout the region. They continued to do this until the VFS offices re-opened, and there was some overlap and confusion. But that was very much a temporary issue due to the covid closures and gaps between what was happening in different places (and some bad communication everywhere, including between different IRCC offices).

[For the details from memory: Warsaw was saying to send directly to embassy address, even from other countries. Embassy Moscow - which normally handles and prints them for applicants there, even if Warsaw handled the file - were completely surprised by this because they could have handled that but Warsaw hadn't advised (I happened to be in touch with someone at the embassy). AND there was/is a serious legal issue that by Russian law, you can't mail/courier Russian passports across borders. AND they all knew the VFS offices in most of the countries were about to open but they didn't know exactly when. In short it was a mess but in the end it worked out better for us to wait and send through VFS. Due to another unrelated development, we had to send our docs twice for the COPRs and visas and each time the counterfoil was done in a different embassy office for no reason that I knew about.]

Anyway sorry for this rambling - not trying to disagree with anyone's instructions.

Short form: follow the instructions. If in doubt, probalby still follow the instructions, but contacting VFS and seeing if it can be done through them won't hurt. If the instructions really don't make sense, you can try VFS or IRCC, but often harder to get a direct answer from IRCC/longer delays.
Hi. No need to apologize. The instructions are not very clear and are open to interpretation. My email said 1 copy of email with updated information sheet Appendix A " Visa exempt nationals with an online account are not required to submit a physical copy. Please upload to your online account." 1 copy of biodata page of passport and any pages that show amendments to the passport. "Visa exempt nationals with an online account are not required to send a physical copy. Please upload to your online account." 2 passport photos. " Please note that you are required to mail/ courier your photos. You cannot upload them to your online account." So I uploaded the documents they asked for and mailed my photos directly to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission. If my interpretation of the instructions was incorrect then I hope that they will give me a chance to correct the situation. Fingers crossed.

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Is you got PPR ? It was now 3 months ago i got pre arrival bur ppr yet
Yes I received PPR. I think that receiving PPR is based on the completion of your criminal and security checks. If the agencies that they use to verify your background take long to respond it could delay your PPR especially if the visa office dealing with your application is not in your home country. I was fortunate enough to have my application sent to the VO in my home country making verification of my PC easier. That is my own opinion by the way. I could be totally wrong.

Anmolr236

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
Yes I received PPR. I think that receiving PPR is based on the completion of your criminal and security checks. If the agencies that they use to verify your background take long to respond it could delay your PPR especially if the visa office dealing with your application is not in your home country. I was fortunate enough to have my application sent to the VO in my home country making verification of my PC easier. That is my own opinion by the way. I could be totally wrong.
Yaa i understand but my husband called ircc two month ago they said ur file is transferred to china for background check. And my biometric done in my own country visa office ..can you told me that is my file now process by vfs of my country where i did my biometric?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yaa i understand but my husband called ircc two month ago they said ur file is transferred to china for background check. And my biometric done in my own country visa office ..can you told me that is my file now process by vfs of my country where i did my biometric?
VFS does no processing. Only logistics of delivery of docs and the administrative public facing tasks like biometrics.