+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Alexn

May 15, 2020
Portugal
Category........
FAM
We got PPR today. Now know VO is London. Does it not say in your PPR originating office?
My request came from Paris. I’ve read somewhere that PPR doesn’t always come from the same office that processed your file, just the office closest to you… not sure about that. But if the PPR usually comes from your VO than I guess my VO is Paris.

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
My request came from Paris. I’ve read somewhere that PPR doesn’t always come from the same office that processed your file, just the office closest to you… not sure about that. But if the PPR usually comes from your VO than I guess my VO is Paris.
Seems possible.

Have you sent your stuff yet? Is there a 1) passport transmission fee b) two way courier charge?

How do you prove you have paid the charges, if it’s done by transfer.

Thank you in advance!

Alexn

May 15, 2020
Portugal
Category........
FAM
Seems possible.

Have you sent your stuff yet? Is there a 1) passport transmission fee b) two way courier charge?

Thank you in advance!
Yes I've already submitted my passport copy and got COPR yesterday. Every PPR instructions is different, some people have to upload to GCKey, some people just need to send by mail, there are different documents required depending on your country etc...
Make sure you follow the instructions closely.
I needed to send my passport + photos + other required docs to the Paris Embassy. They also asked for a "Pre-paid, self-addressed envelope". No further instruction just "Pre-paid, self-addressed envelope". I contacted every courrier service in Portugal and the local post office and none of them had pre-paid envelopes that would work to send stuff from Paris -> Lisbon. Their envelope only work Lisbon -> Paris (or other city/country). I ended up going La Poste website (French national post company) and they have a service where you can buy stamps and print them at home. So I bought 1 international French stamp and glued it to one envelope with my address on it and sent that envelope along with my other documents.

If you also need to send a Pre-paid, self-addressed envelope just buy one national pre-paid envelope at your local post office and send it with the other stuff (assuming you are sending from the UK to the London office). Please note that some instruction specify what kind of pre-paid envelope they want. If they ask for a two way courier, do that, make sure you do what they ask.

I just had to pay that stamp, a blank envelope and UPS to send my documents to Paris. No transmission fee or anything like that.
This was my experience what what my PRR requested. I really can't help you much because our PPR's are different

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I needed to send my passport + photos + other required docs to the Paris Embassy. They also asked for a "Pre-paid, self-addressed envelope". No further instruction just "Pre-paid, self-addressed envelope". I contacted every courrier service in Portugal and the local post office and none of them had pre-paid envelopes that would work to send stuff from Paris -> Lisbon.
I'm a little confused/perplexed in your case that they didn't give you the option of sending through VFS in Portugal or Spain (if there isn't one in Portugal). Seems it would have been easier that way.

Alexn

May 15, 2020
Portugal
Category........
FAM
I'm a little confused/perplexed in your case that they didn't give you the option of sending through VFS in Portugal or Spain (if there isn't one in Portugal). Seems it would have been easier that way.
I thought the same. We have a Embassy in Portugal and a VFS in Spain, but we were asked to send to the Paris Embassy

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I thought the same. We have a Embassy in Portugal and a VFS in Spain, but we were asked to send to the Paris Embassy
I think they might have accepted at Spain but sometimes they are weird about intra-EU stuff. Didn't think of it when you asked before.

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
They usually take around 2 weeks to respond to the webform.
Yes, my GCKey updated a few days ago saying "your application was approved" and I got COPR yesterday :)
Am so so happy for you. Congratulations. Now Canada is lifting quarantine requirements for people who are exempt from travel restrictions if they have been fully vaccinated from the 5th of July I think. So that is some good news as well. Once again congratulations on getting your COPR. :)

Reactions: Alexn

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Seems possible.

Thank you in advance!
I think passport transmission fee is only if you have to send a physical passport to your visa office through VFS Global. Mr L should not need to submit his passport as he is a visa exempt national so it will just be the biodata page of his passport and any page that shows any amendments to the passport and seeing as the British passport has the amendment page on the same facing as the biodata page you just need to make one copy. They may instruct you to upload it via your online account if you have one. I was asked to do that but there was no upload option on my online account so had to send a webform and upload the documents they requested through that. You will need to send 2 passport photos to the visa office though.

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Yes I've already submitted my passport copy and got COPR yesterday. Every PPR instructions is different, some people have to upload to GCKey, some people just need to send by mail, there are different documents required depending on your country etc...
Make sure you follow the instructions closely.
I needed to send my passport + photos + other required docs to the Paris Embassy. They also asked for a "Pre-paid, self-addressed envelope". No further instruction just "Pre-paid, self-addressed envelope". I contacted every courrier service in Portugal and the local post office and none of them had pre-paid envelopes that would work to send stuff from Paris -> Lisbon. Their envelope only work Lisbon -> Paris (or other city/country). I ended up going La Poste website (French national post company) and they have a service where you can buy stamps and print them at home. So I bought 1 international French stamp and glued it to one envelope with my address on it and sent that envelope along with my other documents.

If you also need to send a Pre-paid, self-addressed envelope just buy one national pre-paid envelope at your local post office and send it with the other stuff (assuming you are sending from the UK to the London office). Please note that some instruction specify what kind of pre-paid envelope they want. If they ask for a two way courier, do that, make sure you do what they ask.

I just had to pay that stamp, a blank envelope and UPS to send my documents to Paris. No transmission fee or anything like that.
This was my experience what what my PRR requested. I really can't help you much because our PPR's are different
Thanks for your reply.

What a complete palaver!

I am ringing the photographer again today. Sigh.

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
I think passport transmission fee is only if you have to send a physical passport to your visa office through VFS Global. Mr L should not need to submit his passport as he is a visa exempt national so it will just be the biodata page of his passport and any page that shows any amendments to the passport and seeing as the British passport has the amendment page on the same facing as the biodata page you just need to make one copy. They may instruct you to upload it via your online account if you have one. I was asked to do that but there was no upload option on my online account so had to send a webform and upload the documents they requested through that. You will need to send 2 passport photos to the visa office though.
That's really not clear in the email about passport transmission fee. VFS is such a nightmare. I will see if GC Key says anything different today.

Did you not have to do passport transmission fee as UK citizen and dealing with London VAC?

Will also likely being ringing VFS Global to clarify. Hope we get photography appointment.

I am also assuming they need my photos, as the Canadian citizen. This photo thing is quite annoying.

Reactions: Babydoll2305