+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JULY 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

prateekphogat

Feb 4, 2021
July 22nd AOR, no updates, still waiting. Hang in there folks, I know its nerve wrecking, but there's nothing we can do at this point, but wait

Congratulations to everyone who just got there's. Have a prosperous journey ahead

Rhbcc

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Vancouver,BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
01-07-2020
COPR and PR card is different right? So you need to apply for PR card again. I thought we need to send photos and then we will get PR card. Please help to understand the flow
"I thought we need to send photos and then we will get PR card. Please help to understand the flow "- yes you just answered your own question and thats what I think I said too.. i did mail the photos per photo instructions on my COPR.

COPR and PR is different COPR is just a piece of paper valid for 1 yr and the card is renewable after 5 years (correct if im wrong)

Reactions: rs89977

rs89977

Star Member
Nov 25, 2020
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
COPR and PR card is different right? So you need to apply for PR card again. I thought we need to send photos and then we will get PR card. Please help to understand the flow
Correct, COPR letter is a landing confirmation and showing date on which you became PR; and valid till you get your first PR card to use as an interim proof of PR status (usually valid for 1 year or as stated in COPR letter).

First PR Card - You need to just send Photograph for yourself and dependents + a copy of the COPR letter (no need to sign it, clearly mentioned in the COPR letter). It will usually get dispatched in a month's time, however, it may take more time. IRCC website says 88 days processing time ;)

Reactions: Rhbcc

rs89977

Star Member
Nov 25, 2020
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
"I thought we need to send photos and then we will get PR card. Please help to understand the flow "- yes you just answered your own question and thats what I think I said too.. i did mail the photos per photo instructions on my COPR.

COPR and PR is different COPR is just a piece of paper valid for 1 yr and the card is renewable after 5 years (correct if im wrong)
Your understanding is correct. don't forget to update SIN and provide it to your employer asap (usually within 3 days of getting a new SIN 5 series number).

Reactions: Rhbcc

Rhbcc

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Vancouver,BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
01-07-2020
Your understanding is correct. don't forget to update SIN and provide it to your employer asap (usually within 3 days of getting a new SIN 5 series number).
thanks for your input. im from BC so I got a 7 series :)

D33p

Oct 28, 2020
Got my copr yesterday

AOR- JULY 16
Criminality passed on same day I gave my biometrics( Oct 19 ).
Eligibility was recommended passed sometime in November. Called IRCC on feb 15 and I was told that my application was under final review.

Best of luck to everyone
Hope you guys get it soon.

hamid123456

Dec 17, 2016
Has any FSW applicant (from July onward) recently received approval for their application?

Is seems to me they have put all FSW applicants on hold and they're only processing CEC applicants.

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Has any FSW applicant (from July onward) recently received approval for their application?

Is seems to me they have put all FSW applicants on hold and they're only processing CEC applicants.
Heard one 7.20 AOR from the US got PPR this week. Ottawa office.
I thought they completely stopped too but it seems that the limited processing capacity makes it a game of lottery now.

sunnyavril

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020
Heard one 7.20 AOR from the US got PPR this week. Ottawa office.
I thought they completely stopped too but it seems that the limited processing capacity makes it a game of lottery now.
Since there aren’t any fsw from early March to early July, I really hope Ottawa picks up the speed on fsw inland sooner as most before 2020 have been approved and only a few left from Jan- March before the pandemic.

Reactions: Ali228