+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JULY 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

thuhien.tu

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Criminality and security are two separate stages and are processed independently of each other. If your biometrics are pending, then the criminality will also show in progress.
hello, what if I have the exemption for biometrics and my criminality is still in process? the representative mentioned biometrics sharing, which I'm not sure about. are you familiar with it? thanks,

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hello, what if I have the exemption for biometrics and my criminality is still in process? the representative mentioned biometrics sharing, which I'm not sure about. are you familiar with it? thanks,
Info sharing, criminality and security are different, so are you referring to biometrics or info sharing.

thuhien.tu

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Info sharing, criminality and security are different, so are you referring to biometrics or info sharing.
thanks for the prompt reply. I believe the agent was talking about info sharing. He said they need my biometrics to check my criminality!?!?! i was confused too. could you please tell me what is info sharing for? is it related to criminality/security check? my Eligibity, medical exam are passed. Biometric is exempted. criminality check is in process and security check hasn't started yet. thanks

AJS99

Feb 18, 2021
Finally Approved today AOR july 13 , Inland

Review of eligibility
  • February 18, 2021 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results
  • September 2, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • October 20, 2020 Completed.
Background check
  • October 21, 2020 Your background check was completed.
Final decision
  • February 18, 2021 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
thanks for the prompt reply. I believe the agent was talking about info sharing. He said they need my biometrics to check my criminality!?!?! i was confused too. could you please tell me what is info sharing for? is it related to criminality/security check? my Eligibity, medical exam are passed. Biometric is exempted. criminality check is in process and security check hasn't started yet. thanks
Info sharing refers to the sharing of information between different federal agencies and partner nations, specifically, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and the United States, based on the agreements in pace.

For criminality to pass, the biometrics have to be run though by RCMP, see

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

Similarly, when info from partner agencies or countries is received, it has to be evaluated.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/reports-statistics/evaluations/biometrics-canada-united-states-immigration-information-sharing-initiatives.html

and https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/in/in01-eng.pdf

rs89977

Star Member
Nov 25, 2020
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Long awaiting wait is about to get over, finally, status in profile (MyCIC) is marked Approved with COPR Document Numbers; COPR letter yet to follow.

Timelines, refer to my signature.
LVO Etobicoke landing department sent the eCOPR document to my work permit attorney's email ID; they were kind to share it promptly even I did not use their service to file PR !! the letter states "Congratulations now you are Permanent Resident of Canada", this confirmation letter is a valid document that I can produce anywhere for the period of one year by the time I need to send photographs to get the PR card.

All the best guys!!

Etobicoke is not that slow :) refer timeline in my signature to access how long it took @ what stage.

rs89977

Star Member
Nov 25, 2020
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Youre late to the party, I got the COPR document yesterday hehe.

Now my question is - im now waiting for the COPR letter. My primary is Ottawa and secondary is CIO. Im not sure which office will issue my COPR letter
mine eCOPY letter came on email in 2 days after Etobicoke LVO completed landing formality and approved application in MYCIC portal.

Reactions: Rhbcc

rs89977

Star Member
Nov 25, 2020
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Your guess is as good as anyone here, as we don’t know what kind of timelines IRCC is working on. The eligibility and background checks in your profile will remain in progress until you receive a decision.

If you wish to compare, my file was moved to Etobicoke around November 2020, but I didn’t get COPR until last week.
Raise a webform (address to Etobicoke LVO) with a request to share the status of COPR letters on priority (also state your problem so that they can review and prioritize), they do listen to the genuine request). note all communications are recorded in your UCI GCMS notes for all future references.

rs89977

Star Member
Nov 25, 2020
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
hello, how do you know whether you have a GU? is there any email sent? thanks
No email, when you log in to the MyCIC portal, you will see your status changed from "Submitted" to "Profile Updated" when you click on it to enter the application no status changed. when you go back to the home page your status will again change back to "Submitted".

Above is referred as Ghost Update :)

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Raise a webform (address to Etobicoke LVO) with a request to share the status of COPR letters on priority (also state your problem so that they can review and prioritize), they do listen to the genuine request). note all communications are recorded in your UCI GCMS notes for all future references.
You probably addressed your response to the wrong post? I already got my COPR.

AJ97

Jan 12, 2021
Got a GU this morning and found they updated my biometrics status. Till yesterday it showed "we haven't received your biometrics, check biometric request for details", but I was able to see my biometrics number and expiry date since October itself. Today, when I checked, it says biometrics was completed on July 14 (my AOR).
Note: I was qualified for biometrics exemption.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Got a GU this morning and found they updated my biometrics status. Till yesterday it showed "we haven't received your biometrics, check biometric request for details", but I was able to see my biometrics number and expiry date since October itself. Today, when I checked, it says biometrics was completed on July 14 (my AOR).
Note: I was qualified for biometrics exemption.
That happened to me as well. Same scenario, biometrics were completed on my AOR date. When I checked my GCMS notes, that’s the date my criminality and info sharing was passed.

Reactions: AJ97