+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Judicial review settlement offer

mangoKane

Oct 26, 2020
I also got the settlement offer from ircc on 22 Nov, I am waiting for the application reopened. Do you guys know what documents do the ircc usually ask us to submit and how possible it will be passed ?

kokopuff

May 9, 2022
Does anybody know how long it generally takes to hear back from IRCC after additional documents have been submitted for study permit? My friend received a settlement offer and has just submitted their documents.

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
Clarifying did you get the study permit approved or just reconsidered?
I already got ppr long time ago. This case is for my friend and i was pursuing his judicial review and ircc offered settlement twice and i rejected both time. Respondent filed a motion 369 and i made arguments in responding motion. In result Respondent accepted following

Last edited:

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
⚫ The Respondent concedes that the Decision was unreasonable;

⚫ The Respondent concedes that the Officer failed to engage with the Applicant's evidence and explain why they were not satisfied with the Applicant's explanation that he chose to study in Canada because the cost of a similar program in Dubai, Australia, or England would be more expensive than in Canada, and that no similar programs are available in his native Pakistan,

⚫ The Respondent concedes it was unreasonable for the Officer to conclude that the Applicant's immigration status in the UAE is temporary, thus reducing his ties to that country, given the Applicant has been able to maintain his status in UAE for over 10 years, and indicates in his study plan that he intends to return to Pakistan, not the UAE, after he completes his studies in Canada;