+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Judicial review settlement offer

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
THIS COURT ORDERS that: 1. The application for judicial review is granted and the matter sent back for redetermination by a different officer. 2. The Applicant shall be provided an opportunity to make additional submissions in support of his study permit application. 3. There is no order as to costs. Judge "Avvy Yao-Yao Go"

m_gul

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Hi everyone

Can someone please guide me about how to go for a judicial review as a self representative? As Canadian lawyers charges alot. I am looking for some affordable way and want to go for a Judicial review. Please advise me and guide me about the procedure. Any affordable lawyer suggestion?

Last refusal reasons:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
• You have limited employment possibilities in your country of residence.

Thanks

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
Hi everyone

Can someone please guide me about how to go for a judicial review as a self representative? As Canadian lawyers charges alot. I am looking for some affordable way and want to go for a Judicial review. Please advise me and guide me about the procedure. Any affordable lawyer suggestion?

Last refusal reasons:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
• You have limited employment possibilities in your country of residence.

Thanks
Inbox

Mar 18, 2023
Hello,

I've been frequenting this thread for a while; I settled my own Case recently. Nevertheless, I needed some insights on what to expect of its outcome: for background, my visa application got reopened within a week, and—only a day afterward—I received a 30-day generic request letter for "any additional or updated documentation."

From what I've seen, the Case getting reopened so quickly (within a week, as opposed to months) should itself be a positive sign; however, if I'm not overthinking it, request letters are typically sent either when additional documents are actually needed, or when re-refusal is again being considered—in which case, the law requires them to give an opportunity to the applicant to provide further documents but, if it's the former case, then why wouldn't they issue a request for a specific item (e.g., a renewed Letter of Admission or Proof of Funds)? On the other hand, if their intention is to once again reject me, then why would they give me 30 days to respond to their letter, while the default (and minimum) time could be 10 days?

The country in question is in the Middle East, although my visa application appears to be getting processed at the Case Processing Centre—Ottawa (CPC-O) somehow.

I would appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this matter based on their experience. Thanks.

Last edited:

Nitika17

Mar 5, 2019
Our lawyer sent applicant record last week but the same has not been updated on the federal court docket. When I asked my lawyer about it , he said he has confirmed with Registry and they have received our docs but are too busy to update it online.
Any idea how long will it take for the registry to update docket?
I assume if the docket is not updated , that means applicant record has not been sent to IRCC? Which apparently means 30days deadline would not start for IRCC to respond back or send settlement? Correct me if I am wrong?
I sent email to Vancouver registry but did not get any response
TIA

Last edited:

Nitika17

Mar 5, 2019
Hello,

I've been frequenting this thread for a while; I settled my own Case recently. Nevertheless, I needed some insights on what to expect of its outcome: for background, my visa application got reopened within a week, and—only a day afterward—I received a 30-day generic request letter for "any additional or updated documentation."

From what I've seen, the Case getting reopened so quickly (within a week, as opposed to months) should itself be a positive sign; however, if I'm not overthinking it, request letters are typically sent either when additional documents are actually needed, or when re-refusal is again being considered—in which case, the law requires them to give an opportunity to the applicant to provide further documents but, if it's the former case, then why wouldn't they issue a request for a specific item (e.g., a renewed Letter of Admission or Proof of Funds)? On the other hand, if their intention is to once again reject me, then why would they give me 30 days to respond to their letter, while the default (and minimum) time could be 10 days?

The country in question is in the Middle East, although my visa application appears to be getting processed at the Case Processing Centre—Ottawa (CPC-O) somehow.

I would appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this matter based on their experience. Thanks.
@Greeny786 I think he is the best person to help you out

Mar 18, 2023
Our lawyer sent applicant record last week but the same has not been updated on the federal court docket. When I asked my lawyer about it , he said he has confirmed with Registry and they have received our docs but are too busy to update it online.
Any idea how long will it take for the registry to update docket?
I assume if the docket is not updated , that means applicant record has not been sent to IRCC? Which apparently means 30days times period would not start for IRCC to respond back or send settlement? Correct me if I am wrong?
I sent email to Vancouver registry but did not get any response
TIA
Your Application Record should have been sent (served) to the IRCC (i.e., their counsel) before being uploaded to the Court's registry. In one of my two cases, Vancouver's Registry took more than a week to process my uploaded Application Record before putting it on the docket, though it was because of the Case's unusual circumstances and Rule 72 being applied; otherwise, the processing itself is commonly done within a day or two.

In other words, provided that your lawyer is speaking the truth, IRCC's 30-day deadline had already started since the date of serving. You could confirm this by
calling the registries of Vancouver or Ottawa and inquiring about the state of your court case.

Mij1

Mar 29, 2023
Hi,
I applied for a TRV from India in Sept 2022 case was refused in Dec 2022. I submitted an application for leave and judicial review in Jan 2023 and in March 2023 I received a settlement offer from the DOJ.
How long does it take for the IRCC to reconsider the case after receiving the settlement offer?
If this process is going to take several months should I reapply for the TRV and include the settlement offer letter with the new application or await a response from the IRCC in relation to my initial application?