+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC written Authorization letter

Chathu Fernando

Dec 1, 2020
Does his studies end in December 2023 and he’s been studying this whole time? Did you indicate that you will staying until he finished his studies and why you must come to Canada now since he has been in Canada without you?
Yes. His studies end in Dec 2023. I mentioned that I'm going to stay for the whole period. I applied through the web form and there wasn't enough space for a long explanation. So I mentioned that it is essential for me to be with him and support him. Do you think I didn't explain enough?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes. His studies end in Dec 2023. I mentioned that I'm going to stay for the whole period. I applied through the web form and there wasn't enough space for a long explanation. So I mentioned that it is essential for me to be with him and support him. Do you think I didn't explain enough?
When did he start his studies?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In the beginning of this May
I would apply again. You can attach another page with your application for your explanation of why you should be approved. Would explain why you couldn’t come with your husband in May but why you want/need to join him now with proof that you have the extra finances to support the family if neither of you find jobs in Canada.

Chathu Fernando

Dec 1, 2020
I would apply again. You can attach another page with your application for your explanation of why you should be approved. Would explain why you couldn’t come with your husband in May but why you want/need to join him now with proof that you have the extra finances to support the family if neither of you find jobs in Canada.
I will definitely do it. Do you think if I reply to the same email I got, will be helpful in my case? I know no one can guarantee the outcome. But at least could you please give me your opinion? I can show them the funds I showed for my visa.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I will definitely do it. Do you think if I reply to the same email I got, will be helpful in my case? I know no one can guarantee the outcome. But at least could you please give me your opinion? I can show them the funds I showed for my visa.
Yes you can show the same funds and same proof. It doesn’t have to be extensive but showing you will be able to support yourselves should ease any concerns. The email is often something you can’t reply to but there is no harm trying. Would also order GCMS notes. They will give you a more detailed reason of why you were denied.

Chathu Fernando

Dec 1, 2020
Yes you can show the same funds and same proof. It doesn’t have to be extensive but showing you will be able to support yourselves should ease any concerns. The email is often something you can’t reply to but there is no harm trying. Would also order GCMS notes. They will give you a more detailed reason of why you were denied.
Thank you very much for your valuable ideas. I will try my best to apply with a good explanation.

Reactions: canuck78

Usha_gill

Apr 2, 2021
Hi, I have situation here. I applied for PR with my son and bcoz I was inland mine got approved and my son’s file is on hold. Now because I am PR and also bcoz I already had his visitor visa in process I submit exemption form as he being immediate family member. Any idea what is this possibility of him getting visa?

Luval

Jan 20, 2015
AOR Received.
04-12-2020
File Transfer...
03-12-2020
Hi. I received an Extended Family Authorisation in about 8 days (including the weekend ). I applied on a Friday and got the authorisation the following friday. I already have a valid TRV and I requested authorisation to visit my sister who is a citizen. I entered at Toronto Pearson last Friday with absolutely no issues. Did less than 28 hours of hotel quarantine because I got my test results in less than 24 hours. I'm currently completing my 14 day quarantine in my sister's basement apartment and had my day 8 test done today. Once you have all your documents in order you should have no trouble.
do we need an urgent reason to have immediate or extended family visit in canada (such as a death of end of life visit etc)?

Chathu Fernando

Dec 1, 2020
Thank you very much for your valuable ideas. I will try my best to apply with a good explanation.
I re applied again with a strong explanation. I attached a quarantine plan as well. Within few hours I got the approval. Thank you so much for your valuable ideas on how to write the explanation.

MDHI

May 20, 2020
I re applied again with a strong explanation. I attached a quarantine plan as well. Within few hours I got the approval. Thank you so much for your valuable ideas on how to write the explanation.
Congratulations. Can you please elaborate more on the strong explanation you attached?

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
Hello all, I’m a permanent resident of Canada and I have invited my younger sister to come visit me. I applied for her visitor visa on July 14th, 2021, I however didn’t put “Other” and “COVID-19” as purpose of travel, I only put the regular family visit on the visa application form.

In order to prioritize her application, we submitted a webform the following day (July 15th) and got an automated email that she will hear back within 14 business days. 14 business days passed and didn’t hear back so we contacted IRCC on August 9th to point out that she hasn’t received correspondence.

On August 12th, we got an email from IRCC that she should resubmit the information and docs that were included on the webform. She replied with all the necessary info and docs and today (August 16th), she received a reply in her email and it was the approval for the travel authorization.

Her IRCC online account/portal still shows that her visa application is in progress. The authorization email didn’t go to her online portal at all, only as an email. So now, I’m curious because I thought both the authorization letter and visa application are supposed to be decided on at the same time.

Based on everyone’s experience, do you think her visitor visa will be approved and she’ll get the passport request letter soon? Does issuing the authorization letter have any positive impact on her application? Could a visa application be refused even tho a travel authorization letter was issued? Thank you!

Ranga0585

Jan 6, 2019
May I know how you contacted ircc, I sent webform and email on July 24th and not heard anything yet. Please share the number if u can