+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC written Authorization letter

Smurf_Gimli

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Hi,

Is there any update for the written authorization letter from IRCC?

I sent inquiry last month regarding this matter and IRCC replied that starting June 9 Application we/I do not need a authorization letter from IRCC.I am a spouse of Canadian Citizen with Visitor visa from Philippines.

I just want to ask if you guys know any update if this info have changeS.

Thank you for your time.

Reactions: Eidsaed

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
What update are you referring to or what response are you looking for? In their automated response, they clearly state that spouses of CC/PR do not need a letter of authorization. They also state in which case they will not respond. One of which is if you don't require a letter. However, I think that if you apply for TRV, you could email them to ask to speed up the process. I've read some have done so. It does not mean they will necessarily approve the application, but they will process it promptly.

Reactions: Eidsaed

kirangr

Jan 24, 2020
Hi,

I had requested for authorization letter for my spouse and son for their travel to Canada as I'm on a work permit currently working in Canada.
Today received update saying its rejected and reason mentioned as ' you have not established that your reasons for travelling are non discretionary or non optional'.
I had mentioned the reason as 'family reunite'.
can i submit again with some strong reason? will they consider ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I had requested for authorization letter for my spouse and son for their travel to Canada as I'm on a work permit currently working in Canada.
Today received update saying its rejected and reason mentioned as ' you have not established that your reasons for travelling are non discretionary or non optional'.
You can certainly submit again. We are seeing quite a lot of refusals for people in your situation. Does your wife have a TRV or a SOWP? If a TRV, she may want to apply for a SOWP before you try for the authorization letter again.

kirangr

Jan 24, 2020
Thanks scylla.
She is on TRV. Earlier her Open work permit was rejected so we had to apply for the Visitor Visa.
Any idea how much time it will take if we start with SWOP process again in these times ?

danilorniepes

Dec 20, 2017
Hi,

Hi Any update on you Authorization Letter? how many days did you get a response from IRCC?

ag123

Sep 22, 2020
Hi,

Hi, could you enlighten us as to when you applied for the authorization letter so we could have an estimate to their processing times these days?

kirangr

Jan 24, 2020
Hi, could you enlighten us as to when you applied for the authorization letter so we could have an estimate to their processing times these days?
Recently i'm not sure but during August month few of my friends received within 10 - 15 days.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Don’t think anyone is aware of what reasons are acceptable reasons for those on a WP or student visa to reunite with family or whether there are any reasons that will be accepted. Given covid numbers Canada is clearly trying to minimize how many people enter the country especially since there have been many cases where people have arrived already infected with covid. Never hurts to try again.

Looking back on your case your initial SOWP may have been denied if you applied soon after marriage and it was an arranged marriage where you hadn‘t spent a lot of time together in person to establish a relationship history.

SALLYMA

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Hi,

After how many days did they reply with decision?
I applied 2 weeks ago no response yet

Tala20-5

Oct 21, 2017
Hi everyone
I just wonder how you receive your authoritative letter is it via e-mail or thru my cic linked account ?!
Thank you in advance