+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC written Authorization letter

Sparklesk90

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
Finally got the authorization letter to travel under SOWP.
Applied for authorization Nov 04th
Approved on Nov 24th.
They took 14 business days.
Wow, congrats.. wat is ur case? Visited immediate family or extended family? R u Travelling with dependents?

joekao222

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
I also just received mine this morning. Applied Oct 9th and received it November 24th. Took around 45 days. Mine is the eTA authorization letter so I guess it is a bit different. My reason is to reunite with my wife who is a temporarily worker in Canada.

SALLYMA

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
I also just received mine this morning. Applied Oct 9th and received it November 24th. Took around 45 days. Mine is the eTA authorization letter so I guess it is a bit different. My reason is to reunite with my wife who is a temporarily worker in Canada.
Hey can you share what reason you wrote for traveling
Even my spouse is overseas I want to apply for authorization letter for him
I am on post graduate work permit
What documents did you attach
Please

joekao222

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
Hey can you share what reason you wrote for traveling
Even my spouse is overseas I want to apply for authorization letter for him
I am on post graduate work permit
What documents did you attach
Please
Hello so the reason is to reunite with my spouse who is temporarily working in Canada. So I attached: my spouse's Work permit, her passport, temporarily work visa, my own passport, and our marriage certificate. I also included my quarantine plan, saying how I will be sleeping in the guest room for 14 days and have my spouse buy the groceries for me and I will not leave the house. I also mentioned that I will be staying in Canada long-term to live with my spouse.

Hope that helps you and good luck. The waiting time is quite frustrating since I was cutting so close to my desired travel date. I would suggest you apply as soon as possible.

SALLYMA

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Hello so the reason is to reunite with my spouse who is temporarily working in Canada. So I attached: my spouse's Work permit, her passport, temporarily work visa, my own passport, and our marriage certificate. I also included my quarantine plan, saying how I will be sleeping in the guest room for 14 days and have my spouse buy the groceries for me and I will not leave the house. I also mentioned that I will be staying in Canada long-term to live with my spouse.

Hope that helps you and good luck. The waiting time is quite frustrating since I was cutting so close to my desired travel date. I would suggest you apply as soon as possible.
Thank you so much
In earlier post i saw you wrote eta authorization whats that?

samrakaran

Jan 9, 2014
Hi,

I had requested for authorization letter for my spouse and son for their travel to Canada as I'm on a work permit currently working in Canada.
Today received update saying its rejected and reason mentioned as ' you have not established that your reasons for travelling are non discretionary or non optional'.
I had mentioned the reason as 'family reunite'.
can i submit again with some strong reason? will they consider ?
DO you already have a Visa for them???

joekao222

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
I applied again but I have zero hopes its has been rejected twice
Yeah, unfortunately I feel like they take into account the COVID activity from the country your family is coming from along with other factors. It seems they are denying a lot of entry from COVID-heavy places it would seem. That's why it is one of the first questions they ask.

SALLYMA

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Yeah, unfortunately I feel like they take into account the COVID activity from the country your family is coming from along with other factors. It seems they are denying a lot of entry from COVID-heavy places it would seem. That's why it is one of the first questions they ask.
What is your country of residence?