+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC written Authorization letter

Hassaned

Nov 25, 2020
Hey guys I have a quick question, is your older brother who is a permanent resident, considered as an immediate family member? If so, I do not need a written letter then, as immediate members do not need one, am I right?
Let me know please thank you in advance

joekao222

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
Hey guys I have a quick question, is your older brother who is a permanent resident, considered as an immediate family member? If so, I do not need a written letter then, as immediate members do not need one, am I right?
Let me know please thank you in advance
Check this link: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and visitors to Canada: Uniting with family members - Canada.ca
I believe brothers are considered to be extended family, so unfortunately you would still need a written authorization letter. Double check the link and procedures to apply though. Good luck.

From what I've read from others, written authorization for extended family is taking about two weeks to process after you have submitted all the required documents.

Hassaned

Nov 25, 2020
Thank you so much for your reply. I saw it, I already applied but I was just wondering if siblings could be considered that way. how long that the process usually take? because I did my plan for the 4th before I applied.

joekao222

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
Thank you so much for your reply. I saw it, I already applied but I was just wondering if siblings could be considered that way. how long that the process usually take? because I did my plan for the 4th before I applied.
Probably 2 to 3 weeks, but make sure you have all the documents that they are requesting or else it would be delayed further.

Hassaned

Nov 25, 2020
Okay thanks, I think I gave all the docs asked, Statutory declaration signed, Permanent residence card, proof of our relationship for more than a year, plan for quarantine, my visitor visa. By the way, I used my girlfriend's status and included my brother in it.
Just to double-check, you may know a lot more than me, it is basically all the documents needed right? And in the case that I am missing some information, will I get an email from them, asking me for more info or not?
Thank you for your clarification.

ER1234

Nov 26, 2020
Not yet. waiting, My travel is on 30th Nov. :(
Hi, did you get any response? did they take into consideration that your date of travelling is close? I have sent an email with all the required documents for more than a month and still no reply (accept or deny).

Sparklesk90

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
Hi, did you get any response? did they take into consideration that your date of travelling is close? I have sent an email with all the required documents for more than a month and still no reply (accept or deny).
No response yet. I just have 2 more working days before my travel date.

Last edited:

Sparklesk90

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
So weird, at least they accept or reject so the one can plan properly. Good luck
Probably I sent that email too late. It has been only 8 Working days so far. I thought since My kid and I had valid Visitor visa and we have been to canada before and we do not have any other WP or PR under processing, they should be fine in approving. but looks like they have more criteria like High risk countries, etc.

Sparklesk90

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
So weird, at least they accept or reject so the one can plan properly. Good luck
I just got the approval. But the Approval email contains only my name/Passport Number/UCI number. they did not mention anything about my Daughter.

Even though i have mentioned that my Kid will be travelling along with me. Should i consider that email itself would suffice for both of our travel?

s87788338

Sep 6, 2020
I just got the approval. But the Approval email contains only my name/Passport Number/UCI number. they did not mention anything about my Daughter.

Even though i have mentioned that my Kid will be travelling along with me. Should i consider that email itself would suffice for both of our travel?
if u dont mind, can u tell us the country ur family is from? is ur country heavily or least affected by COVID?

Hassaned

Nov 25, 2020

I am happy for you so you mean it took you 8 business days to get a response?

SALLYMA

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016

No it might cause issue on airport
She needs separate letter or her passport number mentioned in the same letter
You should call or email to clarify