+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC written Authorization letter

foreigner1

Jan 21, 2017
Hello @foreigner1

I have a same scenario like you. Mi sister already has TRV and she already visited once in 2019. Now she wants to visit again before her passport and visa expires in November. She is planning to visit last week of August for one month visit. By that time she will complete full vaccination (Pfizer) and 14 days prior traveling.

So, if Written authorization form IRCC approved, still she needs 14 days quarantine plan?
As far as I'm aware, she shouldn't need to quarantine based on her fully vaccinated status. However, the ultimate decision rests with the authorities at the point of entry so she should be prepared to show a quarantine plan just in case.

Reactions: SHENJUTI

SHENJUTI

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Hello,

1. I am filling out Statutory Declaration Form for my sister. I am a Canadian citizen. There is a box of Citizenship on the top. Should I write Canadian OR Citizenship Number?

2. For Written authorization, Can I submit my Citizenship Certificate instead of Canadian Passport?

Thanks

vijay S

Jul 5, 2021
Hi, Is the written authorization process changed? do we need to send through webform?
previously I sent through email and got the authorization letter but it got expired. But, now I sent email and still waitig after 10 days also.
Please suggest if I need to raise through webform.

Thanks,
Vijay..

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

aroundtheworld_

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
I’m a PR, I applied for the family reunification for my sister yesterday. Does anybody know how long it would generally take to get the authorization letter?

Sk1198

Jan 7, 2021
Hello. I had applied for visitor visa last year by mail for myself and my wife together and received BVL for only principal applicant that had application number on it. Is the application number same for the principal applicant and all its dependents who applied for the visa. Please reply

Chathu Fernando

Dec 1, 2020
Hi there, I am a foreign national (non US) and my husband is currently studying in Canada (temporary resident visa). I got my Spousal Open Work Permit and applied for written authorization to enter Canada. But yesterday I got a refusal mentioning that my travel is not a non discretionary purpose and I should not plan to travel to Canada. I Personally know few people who got the approval letter under the same scenario as mine. I really don't know what to do now. I already booked my flight ticket and quarantine place. I am hopeless now. Is there anyone can guide me what is the best way to enter Canada? Please someone help me! TIA

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there, I am a foreign national (non US) and my husband is currently studying in Canada (temporary resident visa). I got my Spousal Open Work Permit and applied for written authorization to enter Canada. But yesterday I got a refusal mentioning that my travel is not a non discretionary purpose and I should not plan to travel to Canada. I Personally know few people who got the approval letter under the same scenario as mine. I really don't know what to do now. I already booked my flight ticket and quarantine place. I am hopeless now. Is there anyone can guide me what is the best way to enter Canada? Please someone help me! TIA
When does your husband’s studies end? How long did you indicate that you’ll be in Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, Thank you for replying me. He has visa till December 2023. And will stay for his whole study duration.
Does his studies end in December 2023 and he’s been studying this whole time? Did you indicate that you will staying until he finished his studies and why you must come to Canada now since he has been in Canada without you?