+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC written Authorization letter

cam_meh

Dec 21, 2020
Anyone’s spouse travelling to canada on spouse work permit after getting approval on travel exemption webform? My wife is in transit and coming via Doha. What option she needs to select in Arrivecan app? Please help. Thank you in advance.

Gourav160391

May 3, 2021
Hello all, I’m a permanent resident of Canada and I have invited my younger sister to come visit me. I applied for her visitor visa on July 14th, 2021, I however didn’t put “Other” and “COVID-19” as purpose of travel, I only put the regular family visit on the visa application form.

In order to prioritize her application, we submitted a webform the following day (July 15th) and got an automated email that she will hear back within 14 business days. 14 business days passed and didn’t hear back so we contacted IRCC on August 9th to point out that she hasn’t received correspondence.

On August 12th, we got an email from IRCC that she should resubmit the information and docs that were included on the webform. She replied with all the necessary info and docs and today (August 16th), she received a reply in her email and it was the approval for the travel authorization.

Her IRCC online account/portal still shows that her visa application is in progress. The authorization email didn’t go to her online portal at all, only as an email. So now, I’m curious because I thought both the authorization letter and visa application are supposed to be decided on at the same time.

Based on everyone’s experience, do you think her visitor visa will be approved and she’ll get the passport request letter soon? Does issuing the authorization letter have any positive impact on her application? Could a visa application be refused even tho a travel authorization letter was issued? Thank you!
Any update..I submit my webform on july 4 ..still there is no reply..what i need to do now..can i also call ircc , last time they said my file it’s in new delhi

SHENJUTI

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
I have applied on July/20 for my sister. He already has TRV til this October. Should I contact IRCC for an update or wait? How can I contact with them?
Please advise

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have applied on July/20 for my sister. He already has TRV til this October. Should I contact IRCC for an update or wait? How can I contact with them?
Please advise
Is she vaccinated (AZ, Moderna, Pfizer or J&J) and last shot was over 14 days from her travel date?

Vivek M

Jul 26, 2020
Dear Elite members,

Kindly advise, Is the IRCC authorization letter is still required for the immediate family members to travel to Canada?(Spouse and Kid)
Spouse fully vaccinated with COVISHIELD.

Thank You!!

thor1977

Oct 21, 2021
How about spouse vaccinated with Covaxin - do they need the written authorization?
It has been 17 working days and still no reply from IRCC. Does anyone know how long it is taking to get a response? this is for a case of filing done by a lawyer in C.
Also what about kids over 12 and under 18 - they dont have any vaccine, and they do not need a written auth? Mine is an ICT case and this I believe is the last step before booking tickets. Any insights would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How about spouse vaccinated with Covaxin - do they need the written authorization?
It has been 17 working days and still no reply from IRCC. Does anyone know how long it is taking to get a response? this is for a case of filing done by a lawyer in C.
Also what about kids over 12 and under 18 - they dont have any vaccine, and they do not need a written auth? Mine is an ICT case and this I believe is the last step before booking tickets. Any insights would be much appreciated.
All in the link.
Your spouse is not considered vaccination as well as your children, so they will need a quarantine plan.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid

jkaj

Oct 21, 2021
Hi everyone,

I just want to ask when you may need to request written authorization letter from IRCC?

Im a temporary resident and planning to apply for my parents visitors visa in the new portal.

Thanks in advance.

thor1977

Oct 21, 2021
All in the link.
Your spouse is not considered vaccination as well as your children, so they will need a quarantine plan.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid
Thanks. Is there a way to write to IRCC on the status of written authorization? Since it was filed by my company appointed lawyer, I do not have visibility into this. But I was hoping there is a form or an email address I can write to and find out about the status. Please suggest.

Vivek M

Jul 26, 2020
Dear @Naturgrl, @legalfalcon,
Yes, Below link is still mentioning "You should not book a flight to Canada until you get your written authorization." under the paragraph of
Immediate family members: How to unite with someone who is in Canada temporarily
Kindly help to resolve this dilemma.
Many Thanks.

@siva24anand https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html
This link shows that the Authorization letter is needed if the person in canada temporarily and immediate family members travelling from Non-US countries on visitor category.

Are you mentioning about different category?
[/QUOTE]
''

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @Naturgrl, @legalfalcon,
Yes, Below link is still mentioning "You should not book a flight to Canada until you get your written authorization." under the paragraph of
Immediate family members: How to unite with someone who is in Canada temporarily
Kindly help to resolve this dilemma.
Many Thanks.

@siva24anand https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html
This link shows that the Authorization letter is needed if the person in canada temporarily and immediate family members travelling from Non-US countries on visitor category.

Are you mentioning about different category?
''
[/QUOTE]

If you meet the exemption for fully vaccinated travellers, you don’t need a written authorization to travel to Canada.

Reactions: Naturgrl