+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS ECA Assessment

syedarsalan

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
iphie28 said:
i got my IQAS ECA by courier yesterday, not only was my credential assessed correctly, it took IQAS 7business days to complete my evaluation and it got to me 4days after. im so impressed and will recommend IQAS anyday anytime ;D 8)
do they send u soft copy of EAC so you know the evaluation result and can immediately update your EE profile?

durag

Oct 26, 2016
I am a little confused as to what documents I need to send IQAS myself.

On their website it states:

• photocopies of your completed diploma / degree certificate (this is the document issued after your degree / diploma was awarded); IQAS will not assess incomplete or unofficial provisional academic credentials
  • translations of all educational documents if they’re not in English (do not need to be certified)
  • proof of name (such as a photocopy of a government-issued identity document); if your current name is different than the name on the educational documents, include a proof of name change (such as a photocopy of a marriage certificate)
  • the signed application form

• academic transcripts / mark sheets mailed directly to IQAS by the issuing institution (see Step 4)

So going by that, all I need to send them is the photocopy of the parchment paper with my degree or diploma and my college or university would send them the transcripts with the results for each module.

However on the ECA application checklist form, there is a section for Photocopy of Degree/Diploma, a section for Photocopy of Transcripts/Results and then a third for Transcripts which is to be sent by the college / university.

So do I need to get photocopies of BOTH my degree/diploma AND photocopies of the transcripts/results and send both to IQAS while my college also sends the transcripts?

Thanks in advance

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Dear All:

I am about to start my ECA process with IQAS. I have three degrees: A two years BA degree, A three years BS-Hons degree and a two years MA degree. I wonder if IQAS will give my credentials equivalent to a One year canadian masters or only bachelors? Can any one advise please?

Secondly, the IQAS checklist form has place for only two post secondary qualifications, whereas I have three. How do I mention more than two degrees? Any help in this regard would really be appreciated. Thanks.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omarkhan said:
Dear All:

I am about to start my ECA process with IQAS. I have three degrees: A two years BA degree, A three years BS-Hons degree and a two years MA degree. I wonder if IQAS will give my credentials equivalent to a One year canadian masters or only bachelors? Can any one advise please?

Secondly, the IQAS checklist form has place for only two post secondary qualifications, whereas I have three. How do I mention more than two degrees? Any help in this regard would really be appreciated. Thanks.
You might get it as 2 or more degrees or master's degree
Write your 3rd degree in additional information section.

FazKhan

Jul 15, 2013
Hi everyone,

I am confused to choose between WES or IQAS. I have done my Masters from UK and Bachelor, HSC, SSC from Pakistan.

- Is it necessary to send HSC and SSC documents to IQAS ? If not, are there any points of HSC and SSC evaluation in CIC or master degree evaluation is enough ?

- I have attested photo copies of Bachelor degree + transcript from Higher Education Commission (HEC) in sealed envelope. Will IQAS accept it or should I attest them again from University in sealed enveloped and send it.

Thanks & Regards,
Faz

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
jairichi said:
You might get it as 2 or more degrees or master's degree
Write your 3rd degree in additional information section.
Thanks a lot jairichi. I hope I get an equivalence of Masters, as my NOC requires a masters degree (I am a university lecturer).

cooledi199

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
Does anyone has experience on getting rejected by WES and accepted by IQAS? Please share your situation.

Thank you

darpan.aneja

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-05-2017
Does anyone know how we can order a duplicate copy of assessment from IQAS to be directly delivered to OINP?
For WES I can find enough about the process but nothing on this.

Has some one applied to OINP with IQAS assesment? Please share the process.

I checked IQAS website in detail, there is option to order a duplicate copy but it is only for ECA of type Employment/Education or Licensure but no such option available for ECA of type Immigration - Which is what we apply.

@Jairichi, anyone with knowledge please help!

Thanks a lot.

aluanaguimaraes

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
Doc's Request.
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-03-2017
Passport Req..
06/12/2017
I sent my documents from Brazil to IQAS on January 17th and it arrived there on January 23th, 10:00 AM. Still haven't got any email confirming the receipt of my documents, but hopefully will get one tomorrow, as they only just arrived. I hope the assessment is fast like some of yours because there will probably be a draw on Wendnesday February 8th, and as CRSs are getting lower, I really hope I might have a chance. But time is killing me. :-[

aluanaguimaraes

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
Doc's Request.
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-03-2017
Passport Req..
06/12/2017
Received today at 10:00 (Edmonton time) the receipt of all my docs. This is what IQAS emailed me today:

"Thank you for applying to the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) for an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for immigration purposes. This is to confirm that your academic documents were received by the IQAS office and your file is now placed in line for processing. Please visit iqas website for the current processing time.

During the assessment, you will only be contacted by our office if we require additional information or documents. Please do not call to inquire about the status of your application as this can delay processing. If you wish to add information to the application, or change information already submitted, you may mail or fax the information to:

International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
9th Floor, 108 Street Building, 9942 – 108 Street
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5K 2J5
Fax: (780) 422-9734

PLEASE QUOTE YOUR FILE NUMBER ON ALL CORRESPONDENCE

Once the assessment is completed, the IQAS certificate will be mailed to you. You will receive an IQAS email notification with tracking number indicating that your assessment was completed and mailed. If you requested that the IQAS assessment be sent to a Canadian address, Canada Post will send you a Delivery Notice Card to that address to let you know that your package is available for pick-up at your local post-office. It is your responsibility to collect your package with the proper identification.

Sincerely,
International Qualifications Assessment Service"

I hope they are fast because today's draw was incredible and whoever is waiting like me is losing so much time! Will keep you updated as soon as I hear back from them.

cheezwhizluis

Feb 5, 2017
aluanaguimaraes said:
Received today at 10:00 (Edmonton time) the receipt of all my docs. This is what IQAS emailed me today:

"Thank you for applying to the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) for an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for immigration purposes. This is to confirm that your academic documents were received by the IQAS office and your file is now placed in line for processing. Please visit iqas website for the current processing time.

During the assessment, you will only be contacted by our office if we require additional information or documents. Please do not call to inquire about the status of your application as this can delay processing. If you wish to add information to the application, or change information already submitted, you may mail or fax the information to:

International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
9th Floor, 108 Street Building, 9942 – 108 Street
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5K 2J5
Fax: (780) 422-9734

PLEASE QUOTE YOUR FILE NUMBER ON ALL CORRESPONDENCE

Once the assessment is completed, the IQAS certificate will be mailed to you. You will receive an IQAS email notification with tracking number indicating that your assessment was completed and mailed. If you requested that the IQAS assessment be sent to a Canadian address, Canada Post will send you a Delivery Notice Card to that address to let you know that your package is available for pick-up at your local post-office. It is your responsibility to collect your package with the proper identification.

Sincerely,
International Qualifications Assessment Service"

I hope they are fast because today's draw was incredible and whoever is waiting like me is losing so much time! Will keep you updated as soon as I hear back from them.
Hi. Since you're kinda just fresh from sending your application requirements, can I ask a few questions?

1. In the checklist, there's an entry that says "Photocopy of transcripts/statement of marks." Does that mean I have to send a copy of my transcript in addition to the university sending their own copy of my transcript to IQAS? And should my copy of the transcript be same transcript that the university is sending to them?

2. What exactly do you put in those boxes below the entries in Section B? Perhaps you can share what you've put in those entries so I can have an idea what to put?

Thank you very much.

Aashy09

Oct 13, 2016
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
29/06/2017
AOR Received.
25/07/2017
Hello seniors pls help!
I have two degrees. One degree from pakistan and other from UK. I'm currently in pakistan. Can anyone guide
me how can I proceed with assessment? Do I need to email my university and ask them to send attested photocopies of degree and transcript directly to IQAS? Thank you

rkhan15

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
I read somewhere that IQAS is cheaper than WES. However, I visited the websites for both and see the WES basis Documen-by-Document only costs $100 versus IQAS which is $200 for verification plus shipping. Also, IQAS is only acceptable in Canada from what I understand.

Can someone with more knowledge shed some light on this comparison.

Thanks.