Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/01/2010
bood82 said:
congrats to everyone who had good news :)

I cant wait for news, i send them some papers they requested 2 weeks back, but there wasn t an update online on them recieving the papers. Is there any way to find out ? to make sure they got the papers ?
call CIC phone line. I called last week to inquire about the docs I sent back in October and they told me that they haven't even open my envelope and match it with my current application, the agent said that they opening the ones received up to Sept 5th, and it may take about 4-5 wks to get to the ones received in October 2010. pretty slow, but better to call them and double check. E-CAS hasn't been updated at all.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello everybody,
Seems like immigration is now more concern about economic class than family class. Their new time line for economic class ( (Canadian Experience Class, Entrepreneur Class, Investor Class, Provincial Nominees, Self-Employed Class, Skilled Workers)
is far more easier than spouse sponsorship ha ha ha funny........................

Kris13

Sep 19, 2010
sgnv said:
call CIC phone line. I called last week to inquire about the docs I sent back in October and they told me that they haven't even open my envelope and match it with my current application, the agent said that they opening the ones received up to Sept 5th, and it may take about 4-5 wks to get to the ones received in October 2010. pretty slow, but better to call them and double check. E-CAS hasn't been updated at all.
I sent things in late Aug and they didn't open them untill Nov 12th

alibaba

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-10
AOR Received.
15th Novenmber 2010
Med's Done....
11th Novenmber 2009
LANDED..........
16th December 2010
Hi,

We have received 3 letters from CIC so far. Two letters dated 15th Nov, one saying my wife is approved as a sponsor and the 2nd letter saying my application for work permit is determined and the work permit arrive separately, and it says the application will be finalized after medicals, background checks etc.

And the final 3rd letter dated 17th nov, says, they are pleased to advise that my application is completed etc etc, and my local office etobicoke will get in touch with me. And they ask to pay the fees at etobicoke.

Anyway, i still haven't received my work permit, i called CIC and told them it might be lost in the post but she advised me to wait 6 week, and in-case it doesn't arrive then they will issue me another one. I think its lost in the post 100%. However, she gave me the document number with valid-expiry date and told me that i can apply for work and the employer can call to confirm that i am eligible to work.

And i was told that my documents were sent to etobicoke on 17th nov, so i have to wait 8 weeks for etobicoke to contact me for the landing interview. I guess it will take another 2 - 3 months to become PR.

TC.

californiajeninca

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First of all Congratulations to all who got good news this past few weeks!

Sent my application on Friday. Planning to check if they received it later today. I think my body is letting the stress go by wanting to sleep. I have a question about going in and out of the country. I live in St. Catharines, which is about 15 minutes from Niagara Falls. Since we are so close, I can renew my Visitors Record right in N.F. My question is: Can I leave Canada and go into the U.S. lets say for a week vacation (I'm originally from Stockton, California...if you look us up you'll notice we were the Murder Capital of the U.S 5 years running and the no. 1 place for failing mortgages/forclosures since 2009!) back home. Will they allow me back into Canada or should I just stay here and brood about not being able to go to Target, Joanne Fabrics or Cost Plus?

I miss Chilis!!!

teec

Nov 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wanted to share the great news.

My husband had his landing "interview" this morning @ Etobicoke Office.

It's so great knowing that this process has finally reached the end.

Just a brief overview of how it went today:

Our appointment was for 9AM. We arrived at 8.50 and were immediately called. They want your money (landing fee) right away! LOL Then the waiting began. The person who was supposed to see us was away today, so the office was short staffed. We waited for about 45 minutes before the agent saw us.

She asked my what kind of work I do. She explained my responsibilities as a sponsor. Asked me if I understood. Obviously I said yes.
She proceeded to ask my husband to confirm some of his person details. Asked if he was working (they obviously know that he hasn't worked since his WP expired in the spring time) and then asked how we have been getting by financially (on 1 income + savings) She had him sign a document.

Then she said, congratulations, you are officially a permanent resident of Canada!!! The golden words! We have been looking forward to hearing this. She stamped his passport and on we went to get a new SIN!

And that was it. We were in and out of the office in about 1hr 15min.

And to celebrate...TIM HORTONS coffee! Can't get more Canadian that that!

My piece of advice for everyone: Have patience and hope for the best, but always expect the worst. Some of you may know that we submitted our paper work in late Feb 2010 and have already reached the end. Through out the whole process we were ready to wait it out for the full 9 + 9 months, but we were one of the lucky ones. So don't set high expectations, that way, you won't be disappointed.

I know I have been "quite" on her (i.e. not posting much) but, I have been a religious follower of this forum. Thank you all for sharing your stories and best of luck to everyone going through this adventure.

dudebr

Star Member
May 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
teec said:

Our appointment was for 9AM. We arrived at 8.50 and were immediately called. They want your money (landing fee) right away! LOL Then the waiting began. The person who was supposed to see us was away today, so the office was short staffed. We waited for about 45 minutes before the agent saw us.

She asked my what kind of work I do. She explained my responsibilities as a sponsor. Asked me if I understood. Obviously I said yes.
She proceeded to ask my husband to confirm some of his person details. Asked if he was working (they obviously know that he hasn't worked since his WP expired in the spring time) and then asked how we have been getting by financially (on 1 income + savings) She had him sign a document.

Then she said, congratulations, you are officially a permanent resident of Canada!!! The golden words! We have been looking forward to hearing this. She stamped his passport and on we went to get a new SIN!

My piece of advice for everyone: Have patience and hope for the best, but always expect the worst. Some of you may know that we submitted our paper work in late Feb 2010 and have already reached the end. Through out the whole process we were ready to wait it out for the full 9 + 9 months, but we were one of the lucky ones. So don't set high expectations, that way, you won't be disappointed.

I know I have been "quite" on her (i.e. not posting much) but, I have been a religious follower of this forum. Thank you all for sharing your stories and best of luck to everyone going through this adventure.
Congrats! Now your husband is officially welcomed to Canada!!! :):):):):)

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
teec said:

Congratulations for you both! I've noticed that your case was one of those really straightforward. You got your whole process finalized in less than 10 months !!
Good for you! :)

alibaba

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-10
AOR Received.
15th Novenmber 2010
Med's Done....
11th Novenmber 2009
LANDED..........
16th December 2010
teec said:

Hi Teec,

First of all many congratulations.

Could you please tell me when did u receive the letter from Etobicoke office for landing interview? because i am still waiting for my letter to arrive from there. I have received a letter from Vegreville dated 17th nov that Etobicoke will contact me for landing interview, i haven't heard anything yet.

cheers

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Congratulations teec!!! So happy for you both and also to alibaba, it is easier to wait when there is a finish line in sight.

alibaba

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-10
AOR Received.
15th Novenmber 2010
Med's Done....
11th Novenmber 2009
LANDED..........
16th December 2010
kiwikris said:
Congratulations teec!!! So happy for you both and also to alibaba, it is easier to wait when there is a finish line in sight.
Kris i know that, i am worried that they don't go on christmas holidays and then i will have to wait even longer.

They sent me a work permit on 15th nov and i still haven't received it but i received all other letters from vegreville dated same. I am sure the work permit is lost in the post.

That's why i am wondering when they will call me for landing interview so i can start working soon and take my wife on a holiday for her birthday end of jan.

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
alibaba said:
Kris i know that, i am worried that they don't go on christmas holidays and then i will have to wait even longer.

They sent me a work permit on 15th nov and i still haven't received it but i received all other letters from vegreville dated same. I am sure the work permit is lost in the post.

That's why i am wondering when they will call me for landing interview so i can start working soon and take my wife on a holiday for her birthday end of jan.
I am hoping that since Christmas is over the weekend they won't need much time off! :)
It does sound like your work permit was lost. It is a bit crappy you have to wait 6 weekes to be able to send out another and get the actual OWP. But on the upside, :) , luckily when you called in they said you can still look for work and give your possible employer your client id number and they can check it out. Great news!

srcc

Star Member
Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I see that some of you sent the application after us and is way ahead of us... well, congratulations!
But I wonder why it is taking us longer? We still didn't hear anything since receiving the work permit.

Oh well, just have to be patience like always. Good luck everybody.

ay

Feb 11, 2010
First of all....CONGRATS to everyone who has heard good news in the past few weeks. There seems to have been quite a bit of movement for us Inlanders in the past two months. :D

I am extremely frustrated with this whole process...I'll give my timeline first... :(

Married: July 4th 2009
Application Sent: July 31 2009 (with everything; full payment, pictures, letters, emails, police checks from Greece and Canada, medical exam etc)
Application Received: August 5th 2009
Approved in Principle: February 4th 2010
Open Work Permit: March 24th 2010
Letter for Additional Work and Address History: sent to us June 11 2010
We sent it back the following day.

We've ordered our FOSS notes back in August; nothing jumping out as to the delay in our application; our bring forward dates November 10 2010. It's now been 3 weeks and we've heard nothing. The last time we heard anything was back in June for the letter about additional work and address history.

We called immigration today and I have a hard time believing what they told us. Basically the woman today said that we were waiting for international and national security checks still. But the last time we called, they said all we were waiting for was national security checks. She then corrected herself when my husband inquired that the last time we called we were told his international checks were completed?! Who is telling us the truth? It's been 1 year and 4 months since we sent our intitial application. And 9 months since we received "approved in principle"....on the website it says 9 months for second stage approval. I can't believe that security checks would take more than 9 months?!!

When I loggin to check our status online, nothing has changed since last February.... it just says processing started September 1st 2009; decision made and you will be contacted. Doesn't say anything about the medicals being received or our updated information paper being received (although it shows it in our FOSS notes) or background/security checks.

My concern is that my husband and I are planning a big religious wedding for June 2011 (yes, we are already married but my husband's parents, family and friends couldn't come). I'm worried that his papers may not come by then. But we will have waited for 2 years by that point. We have a very straight forward case...first marriage on both sides, lots of proof (pictures, phone bills, pictures from when we were teenagers etc); no dependants.

Has anyone had to re-apply for another work permit? When should we do this if his expires at the end of March (end of January)? Any thoughts about us continuing to plan the big wedding for the end of June? Do you think we should post-pone it? We've already made a deposit and people from here have started to plan their trips.

For those that etobicoke is your local office, how long did you have to wait for an appointment? When did you receive your letter about transfer of file? Did your online status show everything. ie. medicals being received, security and background checks? Do you think that the call center actually know answers about your file? We get conflicting answers each time we call!!!

Does contacting an MP really help?

Should we re-order our FOSS notes to see if anything has changed since August?!

Please give me some suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your support and suggestions....

Kris13

Sep 19, 2010
alibaba said:
I called about this last week and the guy said the only get 3 days off over the Xmas Holidays