Nov 15, 2010
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi alibaba,

I'm wondering when you applied your work permit, with the pr application or later?
I heard that people get their work permit in a month (on student or visitor visa). They also send their application for work permit to Vegreville. So I can't really understand why it will take so long for us who apply under family class to get it. We are here with our families already, we should be getting it in a month as well :(

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
zehra said:
Hi alibaba,

I'm wondering when you applied your work permit, with the pr application or later?
I heard that people get their work permit in a month (on student or visitor visa). They also send their application for work permit to Vegreville. So I can't really understand why it will take so long for us who apply under family class to get it. We are here with our families already, we should be getting it in a month as well :(
I dont understand this as well,
yesterday i went for nmy interview nd was issued my work permit immediately!. We actually sat there and watched her type it. She typed it in less then 10 minutes as she spoke with us!!. So i dont understand hmmmm.

Well i know i applied for it with my application in january so maybe that is why.

zehra

Nov 15, 2010
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you know any way that we can make the officers hear about our complaints on work permit application?
It is the same office doing this, I cant understand the idea behind this. The process is already more difficult for inlanders,they can ease it by at least giving us work permit in a month just as they do for other applicants.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
zehra said:
Do you know any way that we can make the officers hear about our complaints on work permit application?
It is the same office doing this, I cant understand the idea behind this. The process is already more difficult for inlanders,they can ease it by at least giving us work permit in a month just as they do for other applicants.
which office is this?. maybe that particular office is severely backlogged. Cant think of any other explanation.

zehra

Nov 15, 2010
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The vegreville office. Actually I'm thinking to email Jason Kenney, the website says we can send our comments.

dudebr

Star Member
May 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zehra said:
The vegreville office. Actually I'm thinking to email Jason Kenney, the website says we can send our comments.
Good luck with that! :)

teec

Nov 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you all for your congratulatory messages. I hope you all experience the same joy as us, soon!

alibaba said:
Hi Teec,

First of all many congratulations.

Could you please tell me when did u receive the letter from Etobicoke office for landing interview? because i am still waiting for my letter to arrive from there. I have received a letter from Vegreville dated 17th nov that Etobicoke will contact me for landing interview, i haven't heard anything yet.

cheers
The letter from Vegreville (AIP) dated Nov 10 that arrived on Nov 18th indicating that Etobicoke would be in touch for an interview.
The landing interview letter from Etobicoke was also dated Nov 10, but arrived first on Nov 17th.

So essentially, they arrived in reverse order.

Good Luck with hearing from Etobicoke. I hope it happens soon! =)

alibaba

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-10
AOR Received.
15th Novenmber 2010
Med's Done....
11th Novenmber 2009
LANDED..........
16th December 2010
zehra said:
Hi alibaba,

I applied for it with my initial PR application.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
zehra said:
Hi alibaba,

Hey Zehra,,
Work permit for students is different than the people applying for Permanent residence -Inland. The Immigration Officer has to wait till the applicant gets First Stage Approval in order to issue the work permit.

Work permit for students, and Work Permits for PR Applicants are two different things.

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
californiajeninca said:
First of all Congratulations to all who got good news this past few weeks!

Sent my application on Friday. Planning to check if they received it later today. I think my body is letting the stress go by wanting to sleep. I have a question about going in and out of the country. I live in St. Catharines, which is about 15 minutes from Niagara Falls. Since we are so close, I can renew my Visitors Record right in N.F. My question is: Can I leave Canada and go into the U.S. lets say for a week vacation (I'm originally from Stockton, California...if you look us up you'll notice we were the Murder Capital of the U.S 5 years running and the no. 1 place for failing mortgages/forclosures since 2009!) back home. Will they allow me back into Canada or should I just stay here and brood about not being able to go to Target, Joanne Fabrics or Cost Plus?

I miss Chilis!!!
Hey, I'm in St Catharines, too!! Haven't met too many people on this forum from the Niagara Region - and from the States, too. I'm from Rochester, NY. As far as your question, I am assuming you also applied inland. For inland applications, there is a risk you take when leaving Canada. Reason being, there is a chance that, if you have an inland app in process, they might not let you back into Canada. If they don't let you back into Canada, your entire app gets thrown out (money and all), because it is required for you to be physically present in Canada to land.

So its entirely up to you whether or not you want to take that risk. I have heard of some people who have crossed with inland apps in process, although I really do not know their whole story. I personally would strongly advise against it. I mean, do you really want to take that risk to shop? I feel your pain, though. My husband and I were married Sept 2009, and when I left the U.S. in Aug 2009, I left and have not seen it since. Here it is over a year later, and I just started working finally and next week I get OHIP. It's a long haul, and especially since we are very eager to cross the border to visit family, etc (and also shop at Target ;-)). We just do not want to risk potentially being separated for some insanely long period of time, and also we do not want to start all over again ( pleeease, no! we've come soooo far).

Best of luck to you! Hope to see you more on this forum!

R

robrod

Congrats on finally receiving that OWP and a job and Health Card to go along with it, BlueDragon!!!...
You deserve it!.
Now it's smooth sailing all the way 'til landing instructions come in the mail in one of those nice brown envelopes I miss receiving myself... although I am expecting a last one: the PR card in it!.

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
Hey there...we still waiting, hopin and prayin. Got a letter from CIC saying we will hear from them soon.

Small Rant- hope you don't mind :-[

Some days I feel ok, like its insane to imagine waking up without my husband right beside me...to sit at the breakfast table alone at 7am with no one to chat with over coffee and start my day with a smile. I can't Imagin not coming home each evening, dying to burst through the door to tell my best friend all the things that happened to me that day and have him tell me what happened to him.
What would life be like with out someone holding the door for me, sharing secrets with, doing the "us against them" with the kids,foot snuggling when its summer and too hot to hold onto one-another but still wanna be close to eachother...snuggling deep in his chest when its cold in the middle of the night in winter...

And other days I'm scared. Not for any particular reason.. just knowing we have been transferred and that there is a possibility that someone might take it all away from us. I know AIP doesn't guarentee you perminant residence, but it does take alot of the fear out of your heart.

I'm really sorry to go on like this, I'm really very strong and confident most of the time. I guess I just needed to vent a lil' ::)

Heres hoping and praying things look brighter in the following weeks.

Wishing you all the very best on your processes

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Aww Janadian you have every right to want to vent. I would be too. I feel like that now and I haven't even had a decision made yet. I can't imagine what I will be like when they do. Of course my hubby is always confident that it will work but I can't help but be skeptical sometimes. I want to truly believe that everything will be okay and that they would never separate a genuine couple but I can't help but wonder if I am the one they will mess up on. Then what? We just got to keep pushing through. Don't give them any reason at all to doubt you. Make them feel dumb for even doubting it. I know with all of my heart that our whole inlander family will end up happy and at peace with their spouses/partners soon. I truly believe that. After all, only about 20-25% out of the whole worlds applications for spousal sponsorship get refused. That is still 75-80% being approved. I believe they do want all of us genuine couples to be together they just get mixed up sometimes. Just be ready when that day comes Janadian and I know you will shine through. Please know I am here to support you every step of the way no matter what. We won't let you fail and I know you won't let yourself fail. Just stay as strong as possible my dear. We are here for you. *HUGS*

Also,
UPDATE: Working on applications received on March 6, 2010

Just thought I would update everyone in case they hadn't seen it yet.

MD2B

Jul 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey guys!
we are an inland same-sex couple and just called CIC to find out that both sponsorship and AIP are approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we ARE in shock and SO SO happy!!!!!
My wife's birthday is this week, and this is the best present ever!

Our timeline is as follows:
March 03 2010 - Application received by CIC vegreville
May 15 2010 - Application started processing
Oct 20 2010 - CIC received updates from us (they didnt request it, we sent it proactively)
Dec 01 2010 - Sponsorship Approval and AIP for my spouse!!!

We found this out by calling the call centre today!!! The lady said we should expect 2 separate letters in the mail later this week!!!!!
Now I will actually have to help with housework if my wife starts working soon! LOL!!!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!
:D ;D