+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLANDERS!

squirrel

Jun 3, 2009
VANCOUVER
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I want to start this thread for people who applied inland. I have noticed that majority of people applying outland, it is much faster, easier and you can kill your waiting time being able to be work, surrounded by your family and friends, being 'at home'.

What about people who applying inland?

Please, share your stories, hints, timelines, frustrations, the way you deal not being able to work for some time, how you adapt to you new 'home', what is your impressions about Canada.

Thank you in advance. I hope this thread will ease waiting process for us all. Go inlanders!

Maria

jc_sagala

Oct 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 23, 2009
AOR Received.
July 29, 2009
We applied Inland too. Yah i just realized that its faster to apply outland. But its gonna be hard for me because i am in School now and cant quit school and go back home just to be sponsored by my husband. We sent our application on July 20's to alberta and started to be processed on August 20's. Even if i go to school and work it seems to be a long wait and im worried that they might look at our age difference like from what i've read from the other forums. Im 27 and he's 39 i think its not that big of a gap but they still look at it like big difference. Anyway lets update each other

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
I applied inland in February 2005 because I didn't understand the implications of Inland v Outland (I wish I had discovered this website first!). Had I realised I would have definitely applied Outland.

Frustrations:-

Waiting 4 years and 8 months (to date) for PR Status - mainly due to London UK office delaying the processessing of my son's part of the application (dependant) time and time again. My "part" of the application was finalised in December 2007, London have been dragging their feet and I have just had my 2nd medical (my last one expired 19 months ago). The only positive aspect of having my medical done here was the cost - what I paid in $ my son paid in £ (twice).

Not being able to work for the first 10 months whilst I waited for APR.

Having to renew my OHIP card twice.

Having people be incredulous and disbelieving that I am STILL waiting for PR status when their friends and relatives, who applied long after me, have been "landed" for more than 3 years.

Not having my son here.

Having my son get so frustrated with Immigration that he tells me (from time to time) to just forget it and that he will stay in England.

Positive aspects?

Being with my husband and making friends.

Overall:- Sheer, unadulterated stress, frustration and sometimes seething anger when I see people complain that their application is taking a long time when they have been waiting just a few months :eek:

Hope yours is a fast one :)

uncychopper

Jul 28, 2009
Hello squirrel , Good luck to you for your app. Mine is increasingly frustrating... I am in Australia now as you prob know. Say hi to the baggenator for me.

Shortie

Oct 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2009
AOR Received.
28-09-2009
LANDED..........
03-06-2010
My application was received at Vegreville on 28th September... long long wait ahead I guess.

Lylyth

Star Member
Sep 15, 2009
Hello Fellow-Inlander Applicants!

It will be great to hear other people's experiences in this case...I have gotten a bit frustrated when I saw how quickly some outland applications have been finalized, but hoping everything will be approved in the suggested timeline.

I am sponsoring my husband (US Citizen) inland. We sent in our application August 18, 2009 and they started processing the information on September 21, 2009. At the moment he is just visiting and we are applying for visitor extension until a decision is made.

We can definately sympathize with everyone who applied inland. The wait time can be long, as Siouxie stated with her case, and frustrating, plus with the no-appeal part of the application makes me think the worst. There is also an age difference, I am older and he is a wee bit younger, so that may flag our file.

It can be difficult with only one paycheck. My husband is learning all the chores of the house (laundry, dishes, vaccuming - I won't let him cook just yet LOL) while I head the office everyday. Nice change, if you ask me!

When we applied we did not know about this website either, if we did, we would have applied Outland too. Good luck with all your applications.

N27

Aug 18, 2009
My husband applied INLAND
Application was received on May 6.09
and started processing on May 26.09
Decision made and work permite approved on OCT 7.09
DM letter and Work permite received on oct 14.09
PR Letter received on oct 19.09 and landing interview is on Nov 23.09

My husband came to canada on March 3.09. he got a permanent resident temporal Visa, which expire on Dec 31.09.
However his application process took 5 months, It felt like a long time!!!....(sorry, Siouxie! ) He was really stressed out. He did not take any Job "under the table" . He was worried bc I am pregnant and the baby is coming soon , Nov 26.09( 3 days after his landing appt :) . I was working part time, we are living with my parents but we are planning to move out soon. The good part is that.....I got pregnant after he came to canada and we are together , waiting for our first baby! Thanks God We almost done.
Good Luck everybody!.

PS. Also I am older than my husband , 4 years .

squirrel

Jun 3, 2009
VANCOUVER
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jc_sagala said:
We applied Inland too. Yah i just realized that its faster to apply outland. But its gonna be hard for me because i am in School now and cant quit school and go back home just to be sponsored by my husband. We sent our application on July 20's to alberta and started to be processed on August 20's. Even if i go to school and work it seems to be a long wait and im worried that they might look at our age difference like from what i've read from the other forums. Im 27 and he's 39 i think its not that big of a gap but they still look at it like big difference. Anyway lets update each other
I wouldn't worry about age difference. It is a western modern world, lots of families have even bigger age gaps. In Canada there are no regulations, limitations when it comes to couples age, as long as both are legal age to marry each other, things should be fine.
They pay much more attention to the duration of the relationships - I would worry much more, let's say if you got married right after meeting each other for the first time.

squirrel

Jun 3, 2009
VANCOUVER
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Siouxie said:
I applied inland in February 2005 because I didn't understand the implications of Inland v Outland (I wish I had discovered this website first!). Had I realised I would have definitely applied Outland.

Frustrations:-

Waiting 4 years and 8 months (to date) for PR Status - mainly due to London UK office delaying the processessing of my son's part of the application (dependant) time and time again. My "part" of the application was finalised in December 2007, London have been dragging their feet and I have just had my 2nd medical (my last one expired 19 months ago). The only positive aspect of having my medical done here was the cost - what I paid in $ my son paid in £ (twice).

Not being able to work for the first 10 months whilst I waited for APR.

Having to renew my OHIP card twice.

Having people be incredulous and disbelieving that I am STILL waiting for PR status when their friends and relatives, who applied long after me, have been "landed" for more than 3 years.

Not having my son here.

Having my son get so frustrated with Immigration that he tells me (from time to time) to just forget it and that he will stay in England.

Positive aspects?

Being with my husband and making friends.

Overall:- Sheer, unadulterated stress, frustration and sometimes seething anger when I see people complain that their application is taking a long time when they have been waiting just a few months :eek:

Hope yours is a fast one :)
Hi Siouxe, thanks for your reply. I totally understand you and your frustrations. I applied inland knowing all the implications awaiting for me in the future, but I just wanted to be with my husband. I think i would worry much more not be able to see him everyday, we would be separated by 10 000kms He is in Vancouver and I am in Moscow, so for myself the decision was obvious.
The hardest part for myself - not being to work. My career stalled, part my social life too. It is not even about being able to generate income, it is about advancing my knowledge and experience as a professional. I love to work and I love doing it. This whole aspect of social life has been lost. I tried to apply for ANY job, just hoping to get out of the house, but I always was refused for 2 reasons - overqualified or not having SIN number. Employers don't want to take risk employing "under the table" workers.

On the positive note: I am applying just as one person, no kids, no relatives, so, hopefully, it will make things go quicker.

Let's keep in touch.

Girlash

Oct 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2009
LANDED..........
19-05-2010
Hi everyone! I'm really glad this forum has been opened for inland applicants. Everybody seems to be applying outland....I've been in Canada since January 2008 on a 2-yr working visa. I met my husband here and we got married after a year. We sent his sponsorship application, my PR application together with my open work permit application last month (Sep 22nd). I haven't heard anything yet. I am pervently praying for speedy processing and positive results!!!

Girlash

Oct 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2009
LANDED..........
19-05-2010
e-CAS message:

We received your application for permanent residence on September 23, 2009.

We started processing your application on October 27, 2009.

what a relief! i thought i would never see the update or maybe i did something wrong with the application.

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
Hello again,

Don't get me wrong, I really hope that everyone on this thread gets their PR quickly and it's only frustration that gets me "wound up" when other people complain :) it's nothing personal!

My Ecas notes still don't show my medical results have been received - it's been 4 months since they were submitted - and my son was issued a new IMM number by London in October 2008, his hasn't been updated since then either. They still won't tell me why, apart from that he needs a separate number for them to process him, our application has been in place since February 2005 and he should have had a number issued to him then.

I have a question - uncychopper, how are you in Australia with an Inland Application in place? Do you realise that, should you be refused re-entry when you return to Canada (and it happens - you may get an idiot IO officer at the airport), your application will be null and void? Additionally, if you are not here when they finalise your application you will be refused as it is a requirement to be IN Canada to be processed inland? I know there is no legislation stating you must remain in Canada during the process, but you must be here to finalise it.

squirrel - don't even attempt to work without a work permit. To do so puts you at risk of rejection and deportation - it's not worth it! Once you get APR (Approval in Principal) you will be given a letter allowing you to apply for an open work permit.

I think one of the things that should be explained to people is that you can apply outland and still stay in Canada as a visitor (renewing) and that you don't have to apply Inland just because you are living here. I wish I had realised it!

As to appeal, I recently found out that if you are refused there is a process for appeal for Inland applicants - it's called a judicial review but it's not easy to get.

see here for cases: http://www.canlii.org/eliisa/search.do?language=en&searchTitle=Federal+-+Federal+Court+of+Canada&sortOrder=relevance&searchPage=eliisa%2FcourtSearch.vm&t=fct&jurisdiction=ca&text=judicial+review+Inland+immigration+allowed&id=&startDate=&endDate=

Let's keep this thread going - thanks for starting it!

Keep the faith :)

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Sent application in on 23rd September......has heard nothing to date.....my work visa expires November 19th 2009....and i am waiting for a new LMO approval for another 2 year contract.....

This waiting is a killer i admit.....i think i have done something wrong on the application form.....as other people seem to have been notified a lot quicker about the sponsership part. Just hoping the LMO gets through before Nov 19th so i can remain in Canada and get my extension off and carry on with the implied intent status.

Will keep updated

Mehwish9

Star Member
Apr 2, 2009
I came as a visitor and got married here,applied for inland PR on spousal basis in Sep,2008,case processing started on Oct3,2008.Meanwhile applied for visitor visa extension,got it in Jan,09 and sent medical in Feb.09.Case transferred to CIC local office on March10,no news yet.had my first child in May.09,went to local CIC Calgary office for submission of her birth certificate as addition of new family member, no acknowledgement yet.
when I phoned to CIC toll free number,came to know that my application is not yet arrived to Calgary office,it has been sent to Mississisagua by MISTAKE.ohhhh my God!. I am checking online status which sound it is in Calgary office since March10,09.while in reality it is'nt.I dont know what to do,so frsutrated.
I have a PhD degree and lots of research and teaching experience,no work permit and can not work,again very frustrating. feelo very lost and discouraged. Can feel pain of all who are waiting since long.