File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
alibaba said:
I have Rob, hope you are doing well.

I have a question for you. My whole application is finished and i am just waiting for a Landing letter from Etobicoke. In the meantime can i apply for SIN and Health Card? and they issued me a OWP but i still haven't received it and i think its lost in the post or something.

Regards,
Ali
Ali you can not apply for either till you receive your work permit or you land. I would say go to Etobicoke CIC personally, and tell them that Vegreville issued you the work permit but you never received it. May be they will issue you one from Etobicoke CIC.

R

robrod

You can apply for the Health Card with the AIP and Sponsor Approval letters, and even better with the Decision Made letter from Vegreville (the one where they tell you that Etobicoke will contact you for the landing appointment)... take those with you and you'll be fine.
For the SIN card, you do need the OWP...
It does look like the OWP got lost in the mail... that is what I always feared could happen to any document from CIC sent to me as they only send them via regular mail... I hope I do get the PR card on the mail, though!!!..
Good luck!.

alibaba

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-10
AOR Received.
15th Novenmber 2010
Med's Done....
11th Novenmber 2009
LANDED..........
16th December 2010
robrod said:
You can apply for the Health Card with the AIP and Sponsor Approval letters, and even better with the Decision Made letter from Vegreville (the one where they tell you that Etobicoke will contact you for the landing appointment)... take those with you and you'll be fine.
For the SIN card, you do need the OWP...
It does look like the OWP got lost in the mail... that is what I always feared could happen to any document from CIC sent to me as they only send them via regular mail... I hope I do get the PR card on the mail, though!!!..
Good luck!.
And how do i apply for them? is there a package for it or do i need to go some where? thanks

alibaba

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-10
AOR Received.
15th Novenmber 2010
Med's Done....
11th Novenmber 2009
LANDED..........
16th December 2010
adzees said:
Ali you can not apply for either till you receive your work permit or you land. I would say go to Etobicoke CIC personally, and tell them that Vegreville issued you the work permit but you never received it. May be they will issue you one from Etobicoke CIC.
Thats a great idea i will drop by Etobicoke and try it next week. thanks

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
robrod said:
Good afternoon, Kris!.
I just wanted to say that to you. You do make me smile, and that is nice.
Have a great day!.
Yeah, Timmy's and a honey-dip with milk for me would be great enjoying your company and of the other members in the forum.
Rob.
Thanks Rob! :)I'll have a peppermint tea :) You should be receiving your PR card any day now....how exciting!

R

robrod

According to CIC's timeline, in about 15 days more... I am flying out on the 27th, so hopefully the card will arrive in time for that... if it doesn't get lost in the mail, right?... Fingers crossed that won't be the case, Kris...

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Fingers AND toes crossed for you Rob! I guess if it arrives after you leave your wife could fedex it over to you for your return?!? :)

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
kiwikris said:
Janadian! I hope you are having a better day today. :) I wish we were all in the same city then we could meet up over coffee! At least this would get us out of the house and have some people to chat to. :)

Congratulations to everyone who has received news it seems to be coming in thick and fast which is fantastic!

My time for a rant.
No one else understands and they get confused when you try and explain. A lot of peole have great ideas but don't realise you are restricted, no you can't study here while you wait or maybe you can but the cost is too high, no, you can't work you have to wait for a work permit, no you can't go out shopping everyday as you are only on one wage. Grrrr Ok rant over, small rant but hey.

But yes we can support each other and be thankful we are with the ones we love and look forward to our life together, this time, be it hard will just be a distant memory soon enough!! This forum has definitely made it easier to get through the days.

Thank you to all of you! :)
Hey kiwikris..thanks for the positive vibes.Yes today is a much better day. Last night was memorable too. We went walking through the park with hot chocs and admired all the xmas lights. I love this time of year!! Forgot all about immigration and just had a great time with the family :)

Coffee would be great. Mine would be a Timmie 2milk 1 sugar..or a candycane hot choc :p We will have to exchange FB or MSN before all is done for each of us.

Hey..rant away..I've been thinkin about it..and we are all pretty tough ppl 99% of the time..I think its healthy to be able to vent it out and let it go just once in a while...all of us are trying to spare our loved ones of additional stress...hey' they are feeling it too... I can't think of a better place to have yer mini breakdown and leave it in your past than with friends who understand what yer going through. Later you can say "me? stressed? no ..oh...that...that was sooo 3 pages ago" LOL

I getcha...frustratiing is the word for sure to discribe the feeling when going through this process. But I also feel the same about sticking it out..you are right..one day It will be a distant memory. One day we will look back, and say it was all worth it. And we will appreciate our loved ones more...because we had to go through so much emotionally to be with them.

I'm here for ya too. This forum has been great. Met so many great and strong ppl. I am very fond of the original INLANDERS group..but happy to see all the newcommers too :) Hang in there guys!!

R

robrod

Yes that's the plan, Kris... I think it will get here by the 27, they aren't delivering only 2 days 'til then: on the 26 and the 27...
Hope you get the good news rolling yourself with your application, waiting on Decision Made status and then the letter, if I remember correctly?.

R

robrod

Your day will come too Janadian and like you say, then it will be a thing of the past and will quickly forget how long it took.... that's exactly how I feel now that we had to wait 13.5 months long...
Best of luck and keep enjoying the outdoors and distracting your mind and enjoying your family instead.. we have tix to go see a xmas light show here in a park in Toronto.. that ought to be interesting, I've never attended such show before. Can't wait to see the face on our little one with all those lights...

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Latvian said:
Hei there!

Hope you all are doing fine! I called CIC yesterday to ask about the status of my application and it seems to me that they are absolutely useless. The agent asked me either I have tracking receipt from Canada post and I confirmed I do, so she told me that means they got the application :mad:. With regards to timing she indicated the same 8-9 months, which are announced on the web-site and told that NO status information will be available until I have AIP... sounds frustrating :(. That basically means just to sit and wait and hope, that my application is received and will not be misplaced, and will be worked on once the time comes. No status updates whatsoever... what's your experience ab it?

Thanks for sharing! And have a Great day!
That's how it was for all of us. It's frustrating, I know. Usually after about 2 -3 months after you think it was recieved, you will hopefully be able to log in and see that in fact it has been received and is in process (that was like the day of my life when that happened - it was like wow, the government has actually communicated with me!). Until then, keep that Canada post receipt. You can use it for ammunition later on if worse comes to worse.

No status information really gets to you after you have AIP either. I mean, you get a letter mailed to you and you are able to log in and see that your app is received and "In Process". But you have no clue as to what they are doing or whether they are trying to get a hold of you for something, until you receive your landing appointment letter.

CHLOE

Jun 15, 2010
hi people i called cic to ask question regarding the application.i am actually ou t of status already and started doing the inland application .so when i called and spoke with him for 5 minutes ,he asked me for my client id inwhich i hung upbecause i was wafraid i will be caught..

silverkw

Nov 26, 2010
Just wanna share my wife's application status with everyone here.

My wife and I got married in Sep, 2009, she was a Visa student before, and was holding visitor Visa at that time.

We applied and received her visitor visa extension to the end of 2010.

She did apply for skilled worker immigration before and it was sent to Hong Kong office, but we decided to terminate that application because it will be a longer wait than family class.

We do realize that it might be faster if she applies from Hong Kong (or any Chinese), but we wanted to stay together for the time being.

****Inland family class****
Application sent to Vegreville: Oct 25, 2009
Application received: Oct 30, 2009
Application started processing: Jan 8, 2010

AIP and Sponsor Approval &
Medical test request: late May, 2010

Medical test results sent: Jun 16, 2010

Decision made, letter sent (according to CIC) Nov 18, 2010
Letter received Nov 25, 2010!

We are invited to Vancouver office for final processing set on Dec 8, 2010! :D

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Latvian said:
Hei there!

Hope you all are doing fine! I called CIC yesterday to ask about the status of my application and it seems to me that they are absolutely useless. The agent asked me either I have tracking receipt from Canada post and I confirmed I do, so she told me that means they got the application :mad:. With regards to timing she indicated the same 8-9 months, which are announced on the web-site and told that NO status information will be available until I have AIP... sounds frustrating :(. That basically means just to sit and wait and hope, that my application is received and will not be misplaced, and will be worked on once the time comes. No status updates whatsoever... what's your experience ab it?

Thanks for sharing! And have a Great day!
my app was started processing after 2 months and 18 days after receiving. i got to find it out after 3 months from receiving. that day i received my visitor visa extension and i got my client ID in it. funny thing same day before checking mail i called CIC and asked bout my extension, i was worried. and i got useless answer as usual, that application takes 8-9 months to process etc. later same day i checked mail and found my visa extension letter with client ID. signed into CIC webpage and saw that application was started processing.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
silverkw said:
Just wanna share my wife's application status with everyone here.

My wife and I got married in Sep, 2009, she was a Visa student before, and was holding visitor Visa at that time.

We applied and received her visitor visa extension to the end of 2010.

She did apply for skilled worker immigration before and it was sent to Hong Kong office, but we decided to terminate that application because it will be a longer wait than family class.

We do realize that it might be faster if she applies from Hong Kong (or any Chinese), but we wanted to stay together for the time being.

****Inland family class****
Application sent to Vegreville: Oct 25, 2009
Application received: Oct 30, 2009
Application started processing: Jan 8, 2010

AIP and Sponsor Approval &
Medical test request: late May, 2010

Medical test results sent: Jun 16, 2010

Decision made, letter sent (according to CIC) Nov 18, 2010
Letter received Nov 25, 2010!

We are invited to Vancouver office for final processing set on Dec 8, 2010! :D
congrats!