Med's Done....
01-11-2010
Interview........
21-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-02-2012
lovingchange said:
Hi Love Young,

Thanks sooo much for all the info! It has definitely made me feel better since I'm getting kinda antsy here :)

Actually...CIC issued AIP on Nov 8, 2010, but did not mail me the letter until Jan 8, 2011....that was a 2 months delay there! Apparently they did not even mail it out after I got the AIP and I called CIC at least 5 times requesting the letter (I saw that a decision has been made on e Cas on Nov 8, 2010). So after all the medical checkup and stuff they finally received all the additional documents on March 14, 2011. So technically it's been 8 months since they started the 2nd stage processing.

Hopefully I will get PR before Xmas!
finger crossed for you and also all inlanders who is waiting on stage2, include myself... i am so waiting now......@#$%^&* 8)

Popo012

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Im waiting for the 2nd stage too but I didn't even get my letter yet for the first approval.But in my wife profile on the CIC,under the PR status,it says process bc before it was N/A.So I hope it good news.We cross our fingers for some good news.

Good luck every body

earthbound14

Mar 18, 2013
Bump!

My sponsorship package and residency package were received in Vegreville at the beginning of July and my sponsorship application was started to be processed at the end of July (2013).

I called to find out what the delay was, to see if there was a problem because I had changed addresses and was informed that sponsorship applications can take 11 months or more. Yet on the CIC website it says there is a global processing time of 27 days on average. The web site also states that complete applications for permanent residency (including sponsorship) only take 14 months in Canada (although when I sent in the documents it said 11 months). This doesn't make sense.

I was then told that out of country applications take less time yet there is nothing on the website that says this. Average times in Canada and in Manila for example are both 14 months for everything.

My wife needs medical coverage because she is going to give birth here and this is insane. All I need is notification that my sponsorship has been accepted and that my wife's permanent residency application process has started. I was under the impression that it should only take 30 days and that the Vegreville office is not on strike so should not really be affected. Why am I being given this contradictory information over the phone? Why can't I find processing times for Vegreville specifically? Why does everyone here at BC Health seem to think all I need is proof of sponsorship when the person on the phone said I will not be getting any?

ikarasu

Sep 22, 2013
earthbound14 said:
Bump!

My sponsorship package and residency package were received in Vegreville at the beginning of July and my sponsorship application was started to be processed at the end of July (2013).

I called to find out what the delay was, to see if there was a problem because I had changed addresses and was informed that sponsorship applications can take 11 months or more. Yet on the CIC website it says there is a global processing time of 27 days on average. The web site also states that complete applications for permanent residency (including sponsorship) only take 14 months in Canada (although when I sent in the documents it said 11 months). This doesn't make sense.

I was then told that out of country applications take less time yet there is nothing on the website that says this. Average times in Canada and in Manila for example are both 14 months for everything.

My wife needs medical coverage because she is going to give birth here and this is insane. All I need is notification that my sponsorship has been accepted and that my wife's permanent residency application process has started. I was under the impression that it should only take 30 days and that the Vegreville office is not on strike so should not really be affected. Why am I being given this contradictory information over the phone? Why can't I find processing times for Vegreville specifically? Why does everyone here at BC Health seem to think all I need is proof of sponsorship when the person on the phone said I will not be getting any?
.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp 27 days is for out of country apps. Scroll down... "Person to be sponsored lives in canada" 11 months for initial.

Your out of luck. you wont get medical before she is due. I applied before my wife was pregnant...9 months have passed, and I had to fork out $5000 for a midwife (Hospital was quoted 10-11K). It's a crappy process, however I tried EVERY single thing to get past it, and nothing worked. If you cant afford the money for a midwife, or arent comfortable with it... only option is for her to go back to her home country where its cheaper or hopefully she has insurance.

Sep 11, 2013
Hi, I've received my interview letter.

Interview Calgary CIC.

Please ensure that your sponsor attends the interview with you as there may be a requirement to question them.
Please bring the following documents to the interview:

1. A valid passport, identity or travel document.

2. Recent evidence of your living arrangements or co-habitation as well as the financial co-dependence normally present in all conjugal relationships, this may include-

co-signed rental agreement or shared land title/property ownership documents.
correspondence received in you and your spouse's name at the common address.
shared household utilities bills showing both your names.
common bank account records showing activity/transactions.
common credit account records showing activity / transactions and billing information.

3. Evidence of your relationship in-Canada, this may include-

correspondence to each other, in your time of separation.
statutory declarations from personal acquaintances and/r service providers who may atest to your marital union.
recent dated photographs of your life together in Canada.

4. Your sponsor's proof of employment/source of income.
5. Any other new information you feel is relevant to the case.

Please fill me in if anyone have received anything like this? and what was the next step?. Any recommendation of what to take with me?.
Thank You

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
interscrilla07 said:
Hi, I've received my interview letter.
---
Please fill me in if anyone have received anything like this? and what was the next step?. Any recommendation of what to take with me?.
Thank You
Hi, Interscrilla.

It seems that CIC doubts whether your relationship is genuine and they'd like to make sure it. When did you send your application for PR? Have you already gotten AIP?

How about asking your questions at 'Inland Applications 2012' again? I think you will get more advice.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2012-t90875.9330.html

One couple had a similar situation like you and they had a interview recently. You can read his story. This might help you.
Reply #9222 on: October 01, 2013, 05:18:24 pm
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2012-t90875.9210.html

M

mikeymyke

interscrilla, getting an interview means the VO has doubts about your relationship, and they want to interview to get more information. When is your interview?

All you need to do is bring evidence of your relationship, communication, photos, etc and prove to the officer you are in a genuine relationship. I suggest you order the GCMS notes for your file to find out what exactly the officer feels is wrong about your relationship. It could be anything from large age difference, different cultures, no common language, etc.

Sep 11, 2013
Hi guys thank you for the kind reply.

Interview date is set for the 21st of this month.

Relationship, We are family relatives. My husband is US green card holder and I'm Canadian Citizen.

We have our 2nd baby on the way, due date is set for somewhere mid of coming January.

--- What is GCMS and AIP. and How do we order/get it?

Thank You!.

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
interscrilla07 said:
Hi guys thank you for the kind reply.

--- What is GCMS and AIP. and How do we order/get it?

Thank You!.
Hi.

AIP = Approval In Principal
Did you receive e-mail from CIC that you were approved as a sponsor?

GCMS = Global Case Management System
I don't know 'GCMS' well. Maybe, other member will help you.

You have two children between you and your husband. So, I think the doubt of CIC will be cleared.
Good luck! :D