AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
Hi, I just call CIC to ask about the first question, actually, asked for myself but update here for you too.

For example of my case, I came to Canada first time under Visitor visa in 2006. And the last time I came to Canada under work permit from last year.
So, number 7 I will put my first time in 2006 and number 8, I'll put the last time. Number 9 will explain for number 7. I did ask CIC if I don't have any info or papers in hand for the first time anymore (since it was too long), they said it's ok, no worries.
If you wife just came to Canada one time and stays until now, you put the date she arrived at the airport into number 7 and leave number 8 blank.

Hope it helps!

lovingchange

Nov 7, 2011
How did everyone find out whether their files had been transferred to the local office? I haven't received anything from CIC besides the AIP letter and the second medical checkup form...is it just assumed that after AIP the file will be transferred to local office automatically?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Hi there, lovingchange!

If you mean transferred for a relationship interview, then would have said on e-Cas but since you already received AIP you don't have to worry about that. Once they have finished checking for the passing of your medical, background and security checks they will then transfer it to your local office to notify them that you are ready to land then your local office should notify you by mail stating a date for you to come and land as a PR. The only indication you get of it being transferred is if on e-Cas they state that a letter was sent to you on *insert date* to *insert address* then you will get the letter stating the finalization of your application has been completed and that you will be notified by your local office when to land. Hope this helps. :D Congrats on your AIP.

lovingchange

Nov 7, 2011
Hi Love Young!

Thanks very much for the reply! Nothing on the e Cas says a letter was sent to me so my file probably hasn't been sent to the local office yet then?

Also I just called CIC automated phone service. They have approved of my OWP application just yesterday, which was also my convocation day!!! Now it's just a matter of getting the document in the mail. I'm so excited to be able to finally work!

visita44

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2011
Interview........
Mar 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2012
lovingchange said:
For those of you who have obtained the OWP, how long is it valid for? Has renewal been a problem?
Open Work Permit is valid till you get landed coz once you get landed, you don't need OWP anymore. You don't renew to get Open work permit.. OWP is issued when you get AIP, either you submit the OWP application at the same time as PR application or CIC will tell you to apply for OWP after your AIP is approved if you did not submit your OWP application the same time you submit your PR application.. Or you can submit OWP application after you submitted PR application and before your AIP is approved, so you can work right away once you get AIP/First Stage Approval.

lovingchange

Nov 7, 2011
Hi Visita44,

Thanks for the reply! So....I just found out that my OWP has been approved, I was wondering if there is an expiry date on it, like everything else (study permit, post-grad work permit). If it's valid until I get my PR, which I don't know exactly when, then there is no expiry date on it..?

visita44

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2011
Interview........
Mar 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2012
lovingchange said:
Hi Visita44,

Thanks for the reply! So....I just found out that my OWP has been approved, I was wondering if there is an expiry date on it, like everything else (study permit, post-grad work permit). If it's valid until I get my PR, which I don't know exactly when, then there is no expiry date on it..?
Usually CIC match it with the expiry date of your passport or up to the length of Second Stage Processing Time after AIP. But they won't issue you OWP if your passport will expire soon, I believe they will advise you first to renew your passport before they give you OWP so your passport will last until you get your PR. But to be safe, I would secure a passport that have years before it expires..

Oh so you don't have your OWP yet but it's already approved. You might see the expiry on the OWP itself. If not, then better call CIC to verify it and please let us know here..

lovingchange

Nov 7, 2011
Visita44,

No I don't have the actual OWP yet...I just called this evening and used the automated phone services. I have been checking pretty much once every 2 days just to see if they have even started processing my application. So today the recording said that they have approved of my OWP application and that the document was issued on Nov 18. Now I don't know if it has been sent out yet but I am really hoping to receive it in the next week or so!

If any of you is interested in this process, I did NOT submit the OWP application with the PR application. I submitted the OWP application on Sept 14, 2011 online (11 months after I received my AIP) and found out that it was approved on Nov 18. Including mailing time, I would say it probably takes 2.5 months to get OWP through online application.

visita44

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2011
Interview........
Mar 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2012
lovingchange said:
Visita44,

No I don't have the actual OWP yet...I just called this evening and used the automated phone services. I have been checking pretty much once every 2 days just to see if they have even started processing my application. So today the recording said that they have approved of my OWP application and that the document was issued on Nov 18. Now I don't know if it has been sent out yet but I am really hoping to receive it in the next week or so!

If any of you is interested in this process, I did NOT submit the OWP application with the PR application. I submitted the OWP application on Sept 14, 2011 online (11 months after I received my AIP) and found out that it was approved on Nov 18. Including mailing time, I would say it probably takes 2.5 months to get OWP through online application.
I'm assuming you apply Inland. Your case is unique coz after 11 months after your AIP, thay approved your OWP. Did CIC advised you why your Second Stage processing is taking to long.. If you check the CIC website Processing Times for Inland PR Second Stage Approval is now 8 months. If not, better to call CIC and ask what's happening to your application.

lovingchange

Nov 7, 2011
Visita 44,

Yes I have been calling CIC quite frequently but they keep telling me the same thing (things are moving along, we are just waiting for your background check etc.) I am actually going to try to contact my local MP this week to see if he can give me some advice. Honestly I have no idea why my case is taking so long because my husband and I have been together for over 8 years, and we got lots of pics and friends letters to prove that this is a genuine relationship. The only plausible factor that I could even think of is that neither of us has a job yet and we have been students for as long as we have been together.

In your opinion, what's the chance of them denying my PR application after AIP?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
lovingchange said:
Visita44,

It will take between 4-10 business days for your OWP to arrive in the mail. Usually the expiry is on average 2 years but that in no means it will absolutely take that long to finish the second stage. Yes, Nov. 18 is when it was sent out.

lovingchange said:
Visita 44,

Yes I have been calling CIC quite frequently but they keep telling me the same thing (things are moving along, we are just waiting for your background check etc.) I am actually going to try to contact my local MP this week to see if he can give me some advice. Honestly I have no idea why my case is taking so long because my husband and I have been together for over 8 years, and we got lots of pics and friends letters to prove that this is a genuine relationship. The only plausible factor that I could even think of is that neither of us has a job yet and we have been students for as long as we have been together.

In your opinion, what's the chance of them denying my PR application after AIP?
The second stage more precisely, the background check part of it is different from each person. A couple of factors play into part things like: how many countries or states you lived in, military/government positions, work/study abroad, etc are all taken in effect. I believe the estimated average for second stage to finish is 8 or 9 months but it isn't often it takes that long. They will notify you by mail and on e-Cas when the second stage is finished. The second stage has nothing to do with the relationship factor of your relationship. That is only AIP (first stage).

As long as you weren't in receipt of social assistance other than disability than you are fine. Being a student is usually not a problem and you wouldn't have gotten AIP if that was an issue. They have to pass both the sponsor portion and the relationship in order for you to be approved for AIP. There is a nil chance of you being denied after AIP, not saying it can't happen but as long as your records are clean and you passed the medical then you have nothing to worry about. All that will be left is to wait for second stage to finalize and then be contacted by local office when to land as a PR.

lovingchange

Nov 7, 2011
Hi Love Young,

Thanks sooo much for all the info! It has definitely made me feel better since I'm getting kinda antsy here :)

Actually...CIC issued AIP on Nov 8, 2010, but did not mail me the letter until Jan 8, 2011....that was a 2 months delay there! Apparently they did not even mail it out after I got the AIP and I called CIC at least 5 times requesting the letter (I saw that a decision has been made on e Cas on Nov 8, 2010). So after all the medical checkup and stuff they finally received all the additional documents on March 14, 2011. So technically it's been 8 months since they started the 2nd stage processing.

Hopefully I will get PR before Xmas!