+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLANDERS!

J

jdwhite21

That's even better that he got it just in time for baby. Do you know what you are having?? I am sooo excited for you still. And i definitely will keep in touch. Congrats again :D

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Warning for all inland applicants whose local office is quebec city:

You are probably in for a log wait to have a landing interview. waiting times are now 4 months since they received the approval in principal letter. then if , like in my case, they make mistakes and send, stupidly, applications back and forth to montreal and quebec city, you are likely to wait even more. crazy. a real disappointment with a country like canada where things in government usually are much faster. immigration in this country sucks...ridicoulous. my sister who lives in the states had the same situation like me (family class , and applied inland and her whole process lasted 3 and half months!!!not that i would like to live in the states but i think they have many more immigrants there....they should definitely employ more people or open more local offices....

my approval in principal is dated 29 april 2011
they said i'm likely to have a landing interview in quebec city at the end of october.....
I'M leaving for italy at the start of december. i hope at least i will have done the interview by then because i would'n t want to cancel my trip for this stupid bureaucracy. my tickets are already reserved and paid....

just wanted to let you know....

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
FINALLY!!!! received in the mail today my landing interview appointment date!!!

On the 15 th of september 2 p.m.!!!

i had called CIC today and they told me nothing was scheduled yet. so this gives proof that the call centre knows as much as we do, if not less

Do you know how do i get the SIN number when i'm there?

Thanks a lot to anybody that could give me clues

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
Inlandappl said:
FINALLY!!!! received in the mail today my landing interview appointment date!!!

On the 15 th of september 2 p.m.!!!

i had called CIC today and they told me nothing was scheduled yet. so this gives proof that the call centre knows as much as we do, if not less

Do you know how do i get the SIN number when i'm there?

Thanks a lot to anybody that could give me clues
Congrats!!! ;)

pengyuen

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2011
Med's Request
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
12-07-2011
LANDED..........
17-10-2011
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone did his or her landing interview in Vancouver recently.
Maybe you can give me a hint about how long it took you to get appointment, after
you learn your application was finalized.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
jdwhite21 said:
That's even better that he got it just in time for baby. Do you know what you are having?? I am sooo excited for you still. And i definitely will keep in touch. Congrats again :D
Hey JD

We had a girl almost 2 weeks ago....now adjusting to life with our new family member.

Just have to wait for the PR card so hubby can finally get his SIN and start job hunting.

How's your new addition? Must be approaching 4 months old now?

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Hi,

I'm gathering the papers required for my landing interview. in the list it asks generically for 'all immigration papers"
Unfortunately (believe it or not) when i sent the inland application to vegreville i forgot to photocopy the original documents so i don't have any proof that i sent them. well i found one of the two police certificates and my birth certificate, i have my original passport , proof of payment of 490 $ and the 2 photos required for the permanent resident card but the CIC application itself is missing. but i think(tell me if i'm wrong) shouldn't be a problem because they have all of my application if they approved me, no? maybe immigration papers mean the original tourist visa(proof of status) which i have. then applying from quebec it asks me for quebec papers (which i have) and it is very specific about that. my question is

what documents were you asked at your landing interview? please answer also if you didin't apply from within quebec

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Inlandappl said:
Hi,

I'm gathering the papers required for my landing interview. in the list it asks generically for 'all immigration papers"
Unfortunately (believe it or not) when i sent the inland application to vegreville i forgot to photocopy the original documents so i don't have any proof that i sent them. well i found one of the two police certificates and my birth certificate, i have my original passport , proof of payment of 490 $ and the 2 photos required for the permanent resident card but the CIC application itself is missing. but i think(tell me if i'm wrong) shouldn't be a problem because they have all of my application if they approved me, no? maybe immigration papers mean the original tourist visa(proof of status) which i have. then applying from quebec it asks me for quebec papers (which i have) and it is very specific about that. my question is

what documents were you asked at your landing interview? please answer also if you didin't apply from within quebec
By immigration papers they meant, any work/study permits. Not the application. Hope this helps.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
adzees said:
By immigration papers they meant, any work/study permits. Not the application. Hope this helps.
yes it helps, thanks!

carolca

Sep 9, 2011
Thought I'd post here. I read this on the first page: "inland applications are processed in Vegreville Alberta. when they approve the AIP, they send file to local office." In my case, they (apparently) sent it to my local office (Vancouver) without the AIP. I received a letter saying they transferred it to my local office for further processing and that they may contact me if they need more documents (I think they said interview, but I don't have the letter right here with me). My file was transferred 3 months after they received it. It's been 7-8 months since they transferred it.

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
carolca said:
Thought I'd post here. I read this on the first page: "inland applications are processed in Vegreville Alberta. when they approve the AIP, they send file to local office." In my case, they (apparently) sent it to my local office (Vancouver) without the AIP. I received a letter saying they transferred it to my local office for further processing and that they may contact me if they need more documents (I think they said interview, but I don't have the letter right here with me). My file was transferred 3 months after they received it. It's been 7-8 months since they transferred it.
If your app was transferred to the local office without AIP that means they have some questions for you. They may not believe that you have a genuine relationship or there may be other details they want to question. Usually a transfer without AIP means the processing time will be much longer, and you will likely have an interview.

Our app was transferred without AIP after 6 months. (We eloped after a very short period of dating). We got AIP after 21 months and we were finally approved and my husband landed 23 months after we applied. We did not have an interview, but we did submit additional information (not requested by CIC) to prove we were in an ongoing serious relationship.

If you decide to submit additional information, make sure you send it by registered mail to your local office! You could order your FOSS notes to see if there is any indication as to why your file was transferred.

carolca

Sep 9, 2011
Thanks for the input! But, it's not a relationship application. I did submit everything they'd need. Letter, proof, all documents, etc.

edwinstarr

Sep 10, 2011
Hey everybody. This is my first post here.

I am a Canadian citizen. My partner is a Korean citizen who is currently in Canada on a one-year "working holiday" work permit. We have been living together in Canada together for one year now and we are preparing a application for permanent residence with me as the sponsor. I have some questions about the application for an open work permit, though. I hope someone here can help me out!

On the Application to Change Conditions, Extend My Stay, or Remain in Canada (IMM 1249) form, section C, question #7 asks for the date of your “original entry into Canada”. What does this refer to, exactly? Is that the first date my partner ever came to Canada, or the first date she entered immediately before we started living together? I asked CIC about this, and I got conflicting responses.

In section D, question #10 it asks: “I want to [] extend my stay in Canada until… AND/OR [] change conditions” and then it asks you to provide a reason. If we are applying for an open work permit, should we say that we are extending the stay or changing conditions? If we write that we want to extend the stay, what date should we put? And what should we write in the "reasons" box?

Finally, the most difficult question of all: my partner is currently working, but her work visa and SIN number are set to expire around March of 2012. My understanding is that, if she applies for this open work permit, she will have "implied status" until the government makes a judgement on her application. Now, based on my understanding of implied status, that means that she can continue to work under the conditions of her current work permit, even if that work permit expires. However, I also understand that without a valid work permit, it is impossible to renew one's SIN number. Can someone please make sense of this for me? What is the point of being "allowed" to work if your SIN number expires? Is there any way to renew your SIN number when you have implied status?

Thanks everybody! I love this forum! In the words of the great Canadian icon Red Green: We're all in this together!

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
Hi, I'm just new like you and still struggling with papers exactly like you.
One more interesting thing is your wife work permit seems like mine too. Such a coincidence!

Your first question is same as mine in Inlanders 2010 topic. So, I can't tell anything around this one.
Your 2nd question was the same as mine there too, but I got an answer that you will need to tick on C on the top and tick on Change conditions at D.
Since I will attach OWP with my PR application, I will put condition like this: PERMANENT RESIDENCE IN PROCESS UNDER SPOUSE CATEGORY

As answers I found from Inlanders 2010 thread, your wife should be ok to work under implied status. She doesn't need to renew SIN yet. She still can talk to her employers that her PR app on the way and she's allowed to work at the same conditions/constraints as she does. If you really want to renew SIN, I don't know the answer though. Sorry that my share is just tiny. I did my best to answer just because your wife's case is same as mine. Hope someone will answer you better. Wish for the best.