+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
Congrats on finally linking your application. OWP is treated differently from PR application even though they were sent together.
First off, try not to compare the timeline of your OWP and PR, they are processed differently.
"W' means Work under their terms, just as you'd see "V"- visitor or "S" - student as the first letter followed by the numbers under most applications.
The moment you link your paper application on GC key account, it automatically changes to Online showing the date "Submitted" as the date it was linked. You should be fine.

So far, looks like you're good to go and should receive an approval for your OWP anytime soon (if no future review.

Thank you! Cant wait to be approved. Been idling for several months at home.

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
I can't link my work permit yet! medical passed yesterday!!!!
I did not receive AOR!
My application received Jan 31.
I would say that maybe they havent opened your owp app, which means its not recorded in the system yet, so theres no way you can link for now. Give it some time just like what I did, until one day you can link.

Reactions: mahdikhademi

mahdikhademi

Oct 23, 2017
I would say that maybe they havent opened your owp app, which means its not recorded in the system yet, so theres no way you can link for now. Give it some time just like what I did, until one day you can link.

thanks for your respond.
I received an email today that you can link your OWP. Finally I linked my application right now.
how long usually dose it take to get approval for work permit?

Wemc

Mar 21, 2019
How long did it take for medical exams to update? I did mine April 1. Doc's office says he submitted my medical last weekend. Still no update though. And the one thing I had a concern about, results came back in normal parameters soooo idk.

Edit: just kidding. All I had to do was gripe about it I guess. Medical was passed. Not even an hour ago it said it was still waiting on me

mahdikhademi

Oct 23, 2017
How long did it take for medical exams to update? I did mine April 1. Doc's office says he submitted my medical last weekend. Still no update though. And the one thing I had a concern about, results came back in normal parameters soooo idk.

Edit: just kidding. All I had to do was gripe about it I guess. Medical was passed. Not even an hour ago it said it was still waiting on me
Mine was pretty fast

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
thanks for your respond.
I received an email today that you can link your OWP. Finally I linked my application right now.
how long usually dose it take to get approval for work permit?
Really you got an email telling you that? Sounds new. Anyway, that is great to know hope your feeling better now.

I was able to link mine 2 days ago but didnt get any approval yet. Speaking of OWP processing time, it is 90 days for online application and 110 days or 4 months if sent via mail or postal.

Did you apply for a PR too?

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Really you got an email telling you that? Sounds new. Anyway, that is great to know hope your feeling better now.

I was able to link mine 2 days ago but didnt get any approval yet. Speaking of OWP processing time, it is 90 days for online application and 110 days or 4 months if sent via mail or postal.

Did you apply for a PR too?
Can you see when the processing time was last updated? For me it shows 111 days to process by paper. Last updated April 14th, working on dec 23 applications

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
Can you see when the processing time was last updated? For me it shows 111 days to process by paper. Last updated April 14th, working on dec 23 applications
When i checked last time it was 110 days and working on dec 26 applications. I know that it was 111 days, saw that too.

But now i just checked and its back to what you were saying now. Sorry if got you confused but thats what i really saw. Now online app gone up 91 days.

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
When i checked last time it was 110 days and working on dec 26 applications. I know that it was 111 days, saw that too.

But now i just checked and its back to what you were saying now. Sorry if got you confused but thats what i really saw. Now online app gone up 91 days.
It's alright! I just hope the processing time doesn't get longer the next time it updates.

I love how it says "updated weekly". Yeaahh right!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Reactions: Wemc

elex198

Aug 3, 2018
Hi I would like to ask about the application number is the application number for the open work permit and inland spousal the same or CIC will send me a different number for each? We used a representative and successfully removed them on our application also I received the open work permit this March.

Thanks

Wemc

Mar 21, 2019
Hi I would like to ask about the application number is the application number for the open work permit and inland spousal the same or CIC will send me a different number for each? We used a representative and successfully removed them on our application also I received the open work permit this March.

Thanks
My permanent residency application starts with a F and my work permit application started with a W. They are different application numbers.

elex198

Aug 3, 2018
My permanent residency application starts with a F and my work permit application started with a W. They are different application numbers.
Thank you for replying... Was there an interval when you received your 2 application numbers?