+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

FSTDB

Mar 6, 2019
I got a medical checkup yeaterday! FYI for the applications in Toronto, Panel Physician North York was the cheapest and the most convenient place to get one. I only searched one around downtown and the prices were very different from $220 to $310.

In that place, I paid $220 including x-ray, they were kind and I had many options to select the time. I purposely went there in the morning in the weekday cuz didn't want to wait long. I finished everything(Urine, blood, blood pressure, x-ray test) in one building within an hour!
Did you have to give IMM 1017 form to the doctor?

hkharoud

Mar 21, 2019
Hi All,
Is there anyone from Jan 19 who has not received an AOR yet?
We sent an inland pr +work permit application which was received on Jan 30th but no communication so far. We tried calling CIC, the only reply we get is that they see our application but hasnt been processed yet :(

Tee_A

Apr 22, 2019
Quick Question:
With the OWP, are we eligible to apply for OHIP?
Yes, if your OWP is valid for at least 6 months and you have a full-time with an employer in Ontario that shows that you will be working for at least 6 consecutive months with that employer. Not sure if you can get OhIP immediately with a new job, but I assume they expect you to prove that you have worked at least 6 months to be eligible for OHIP (because people change jobs at some point)
Check in with Service Ontario

Reactions: RiyaAc

Kristina84

Mar 10, 2019
Yes, if your OWP is valid for at least 6 months and you have a full-time with an employer in Ontario that shows that you will be working for at least 6 consecutive months with that employer. Not sure if you can get OhIP immediately with a new job, but I assume they expect you to prove that you have worked at least 6 months to be eligible for OHIP (because people change jobs at some point)
Check in with Service Ontario
Quick Question:
With the OWP, are we eligible to apply for OHIP?
You have to be employed for 6 months consecutively with the same employer. You will also the need employment verification letter. Because I didn't go straight after 6 months but more like a year, they also asked me for bills to prove my Ontario address backdating six months from the date I was requesting the Ohip and they have backdated it. The end date will be your work permit expiry date. You also need to go to service Ontario that offers full services as this is your first ohip card

Reactions: RiyaAc

gants888

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
We were also asked to upload our copy of the medical doc (the one they gave us to take home on the day of the test); the reason was that we had a hard time getting an appointment and were close to the end of the 30 day period. If you have undergone the test within 30 days, you should be fine - even if the clinic is later than that in submitting the final results. Still, the clinic wanted us to upload a pdf of the doc just as a guarantee.

We did so but, as it turned out, we didn't need it. The clinic submitted very quickly. But, I suppose in some cases, depending on the test results, it might take more time.

This is where we uploaded:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
I can't remember, but I think we picked 'Sponsorship' from the first dropdown, and went from there.
Thanks! I uploaded the form a few days ago per your advice! It is so helpful!
Finally got the medical check passed today!

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
I am surprised I was able to link my OWP to my GC Key account. Its been a long time and I gave up trying to link it, then just this nigh as I checked my PR app status I decided to try linking OWP.

I have a question, when it was linked and I checked the status it was just the same status as stated with my PR. Like reviewing eligibility no background check etc.

And the application number is different it starts with letter "W" this time.

It also says I applied online- but i did not and sent through mail

Have anyone encountered same situation?

The mere fact I was able to link it means its already in the system. Hope il be approved soon!

Tee_A

Apr 22, 2019
I am surprised I was able to link my OWP to my GC Key account. Its been a long time and I gave up trying to link it, then just this nigh as I checked my PR app status I decided to try linking OWP.

I have a question, when it was linked and I checked the status it was just the same status as stated with my PR. Like reviewing eligibility no background check etc.

And the application number is different it starts with letter "W" this time.

It also says I applied online- but i did not and sent through mail

Have anyone encountered same situation?

The mere fact I was able to link it means its already in the system. Hope il be approved soon!

Congrats on finally linking your application. OWP is treated differently from PR application even though they were sent together.
First off, try not to compare the timeline of your OWP and PR, they are processed differently.
"W' means Work under their terms, just as you'd see "V"- visitor or "S" - student as the first letter followed by the numbers under most applications.
The moment you link your paper application on GC key account, it automatically changes to Online showing the date "Submitted" as the date it was linked. You should be fine.

So far, looks like you're good to go and should receive an approval for your OWP anytime soon (if no future review.

Last edited:

issorv

Mar 21, 2017
For those who are still waiting for the approval of their OWP, try calling IRCC. There might something ongoing with your application.

I called them today, and they told me that I was "out of status" when I mailed my application. That's why my OWP is currently on hold. But in fact, I was within my 6 months stay when I mailed my application. Then, they told me to upload the page of my passport with the stamp (the same with what I submitted along with my app). And they'll get back to me after a month. D*mn, another month of waiting.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
For those who are still waiting for the approval of their OWP, try calling IRCC. There might something ongoing with your application.

I called them today, and they told me that I was "out of status" when I mailed my application. That's why my OWP is currently on hold. But in fact, I was within my 6 months stay when I mailed my application. Then, they told me to upload the page of my passport with the stamp (the same with what I submitted along with my app). And they'll get back to me after a month. D*mn, another month of waiting.
This has happened a couple times in the last couple of months, it's ridiculous.