+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

suga

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
App. Filed.......
28-11-2018
Good afternoon,
I am trying to understand the inland process.
How many of you checked off on your application that it is ok to proceed with processing of PA's application if sponsor is found ineligible?
How many did not? How can they request medicals if the sponsor has not yet been approved? Isnt requesting a medical from the PA considered processing of their application?

Outland applications received sponsor approvals long ago. Why have we not?

Again, just trying to understand the process

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Good afternoon,
I am trying to understand the inland process.
How many of you checked off on your application that it is ok to proceed with processing of PA's application if sponsor is found ineligible?
How many did not? How can they request medicals if the sponsor has not yet been approved? Isnt requesting a medical from the PA considered processing of their application?

Outland applications received sponsor approvals long ago. Why have we not?

Again, just trying to understand the process
SA comes later in the inland process. It comes very early in the outland. There is no point selecting to proceed if the sponsor is ineligible. You'll just waste a ton of time and end up being rejected.

suga

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
App. Filed.......
28-11-2018
SA comes later in the inland process. It comes very early in the outland. There is no point selecting to proceed if the sponsor is ineligible. You'll just waste a ton of time and end up being rejected.
Ok but do you know why? I want to know why as it does not make sense.

And it would save you time on reapplication. The sponsor would have to reapply but only that part of application would have to be reprocessed. Do you recall the question in the application that stated something asking if the PA had already been approved? It pertains to this scenario.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Ok but do you know why? I want to know why as it does not make sense.

And it would save you time on reapplication. The sponsor would have to reapply but only that part of application would have to be reprocessed. Do you recall the question in the application that stated something asking if the PA had already been approved? It pertains to this scenario.
I don't understand what you are asking - which part doesn't make sense?

suga

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
App. Filed.......
28-11-2018
I don't understand what you are asking - which part doesn't make sense?
How can they start processing the PA's application with out first approving or denying the sponsor.

You have the right to receive back your fees for the portion paid to process the PA's application if the sponsor has been denied therefore they should not be processing the PA without first informing the sponsor that they are in fact approved.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
How can they start processing the PA's application with out first approving or denying the sponsor.

You have the right to receive back your fees for the portion paid to process the PA's application if the sponsor has been denied therefore they should not be processing the PA without first informing the sponsor that they are in fact approved.
Right - there's no rhyme or reason to this as far as I can tell. There isn't much reason it should take longer than outland SA other than verifying the sponsor is inside Canada. That said it does seem to be deliberate on IRCCs part since SA always comes later for inland. The reasoning for that I don't know.

suga

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
App. Filed.......
28-11-2018
Right - there's no rhyme or reason to this as far as I can tell. There isn't much reason it should take longer than outland SA other than verifying the sponsor is inside Canada. That said it does seem to be deliberate on IRCCs part since SA always comes later for inland. The reasoning for that I don't know.
Ok thank you for replying. Maybe someone can chime in with more information because as i view it now, it is not being handled properly.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Ok thank you for replying. Maybe someone can chime in with more information because as i view it now, it is not being handled properly.
Just gave you the information - I am an admin in a couple of Spousal groups and was just discussing with my fellow admins. There really isn't a good reason that any of us are aware of after helping people with their applications for years. Whether or not you think it's being handled properly is your opinion - IRCC is a mysterious beast. It's one of many things they do that don't make a lot of sense to me.

Reactions: Wemc

suga

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
App. Filed.......
28-11-2018
Just gave you the information - I am an admin in a couple of Spousal groups and was just discussing with my fellow admins. There really isn't a good reason that any of us are aware of after helping people with their applications for years. Whether or not you think it's being handled properly is your opinion - IRCC is a mysterious beast. It's one of many things they do that don't make a lot of sense to me.
I have been involved with IRCC since 2009 so I have a good understanding of a lot of their processes. This is just one of aspect that doesnt fall into their own stated process. So i need more information than what you gave me.
Thank you.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I have been involved with IRCC since 2009 so I have a good understanding of a lot of their processes. This is just one of aspect that doesnt fall into their own stated process. So i need more information than what you gave me.
Thank you.
And again - the point I am trying to make - I don't think you're going to get more information. I don't think there is a good reason for this other than what I already told you, which is verifying the sponsor is inside Canada. I think you are correct in questioning how logical the workflow is, but I do not believe there is any real reasoning behind it. Good luck.

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Finally, after all the frustrations, my OWP has been approved.

For those who are still waiting, hope you get yours soon.
Hey, I thought I'd let you know my second submitted OWP application has changed to "we are reviewing your eligibility".

I say again, I sent this OWP after I received my status restoration and the app was received by CIC on January 31st, 2019. Hopefully it goes through!

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
Hey, I thought I'd let you know my second submitted OWP application has changed to "we are reviewing your eligibility".

I say again, I sent this OWP after I received my status restoration and the app was received by CIC on January 31st, 2019. Hopefully it goes through!
Same status here since April 25th (exactly. 90days on that day) No approval yet. Sad!

issorv

Mar 21, 2017

Cool! You'll be approved tomorrow. Hopefully.

Reactions: mrowkamb16

issorv

Mar 21, 2017
Same status here since April 25th (exactly. 90days on that day) No approval yet. Sad!
When did you receive your AOR? March applicants are getting their OWP approved.

So definitely there's something going on with your application. Call them, insist on checking your application if there are notes left by the officer who's processing your application.

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
When did you receive your AOR? March applicants are getting their OWP approved.

So definitely there's something going on with your application. Call them, insist on checking your application if there are notes left by the officer who's processing your application.
I received my AOR on March 20, and got my owp returned in March 26 (resubmitted on the same day) was able to link last April 25. I applied through mail so just waiting for 111days to make a ff up. Since they often say to make a ff up only when the promised date has exceeded. Should I phone them regardless?