Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
T

Trust me I have tried it all.. I spoke to a CIC agent in the morning they said you can't link OWP on Gcaccount until you receive a email saying your OWP is approved. I wonder how everyone else link if this is the case.
All you can do now is wait i suppose. It should not be too long from now. All the best

Shelliswhite

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
Why my medical is not passing till now lol!!! The officer is sleeping
When did you get your medical done? It should be taking 7 - 10 days from the time you did it to the time it appears pass on cic. Is yours an A grade? I requested a report being sent to me as well so that i know what is going on. If yours is not A grade for the comment, it might take some time? As the whole purpose of medical is to see if us the immigrant would become a burden and require social assistance typa thing or post risk.

Reactions: xan

Mbm92

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
When did you get your medical done? It should be taking 7 - 10 days from the time you did it to the time it appears pass on cic. Is yours an A grade? I requested a report being sent to me as well so that i know what is going on. If yours is not A grade for the comment, it might take some time? As the whole purpose of medical is to see if us the immigrant would become a burden and require social assistance typa thing or post risk.
Sometimes it takes longer, it happens.

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
Hello guys,

For OWP through common-law sponsorship, I will have to include IMM 5409. My question is: do I have to provide the proof of cohabitation again with OWP? Since it is mentioned on IMM 5409, I am not sure if I need an extra copy to submit with my OWP application.

To be more clear: for OWP application itself, I will need to submit the following documents:
1. OWP checklist
2. OWP application form
3. IMM5409- notarized
4. Proof of cohabitation (???)

Am I correct? Or #4 is not necessary?

Flori-Ana

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Hello guys,

For OWP through common-law sponsorship, I will have to include IMM 5409. My question is: do I have to provide the proof of cohabitation again with OWP? Since it is mentioned on IMM 5409, I am not sure if I need an extra copy to submit with my OWP application.

To be more clear: for OWP application itself, I will need to submit the following documents:
1. OWP checklist
2. OWP application form
3. IMM5409- notarized
4. Proof of cohabitation (???)

Am I correct? Or #4 is not necessary?
You don't need to provide proof of cohabitation again with OWP. IMM5409 notarized is enough.

Reactions: Youthberry

Rubyrenes88-2019

Apr 4, 2019
Sign in on your GCKEY (using PA's details)
Click on Add (link) your application to your account
Select Category: Temporary Residence
Sub Category: Work Permit and Extension
Select: UCI and Family Name
UCI: Fill in the PA's UCI
Family Name: Fill in the PA's last name
Select: Passport and fill in PA's details
Work Permit Type: Open (initial application or extension)
Current Country of Residence: Canada
Current Marital Status: Fill your status...Married/Common Law
Which Situation Applies to the Applicant: Applied for PR as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada.
I was able to link my WP using the steps you mentioned.
Thanks. Still working on if i need to extend my stay.

Rubyrenes88-2019

Apr 4, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I came to canada on visitor visa which means i can stay for 6 months. My husband applied for spousal sponsorship inland with OWP application in January 2019.

My OWP is approved and i have the OWP with me. Now, do i need to extend my stay even after getting OWP? What is Implied status? Am i on implied status?

At the moment my PR application is sitting at medicals, i got my medicals done and now waiting for the next process.

yhellie0126

Jul 25, 2016
Hi , yes same as mine , mine was returned too and I resend it to Edmonton , endminto is work permit place
So i think it shouldn’t takes very more becaus we dietectly send it to there ,
But I have no idea about timing , but hope it goes fast Cause we all need to work
Hi. Do you have an email address or contact numbers from Edmonton? My OWP still has some conditions on working at healthcare when I’m already done with my medical exam upfront. I would like to give them a call/email. Thank you!

rayrayray

Sep 23, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I came to canada on visitor visa which means i can stay for 6 months. My husband applied for spousal sponsorship inland with OWP application in January 2019.

My OWP is approved and i have the OWP with me. Now, do i need to extend my stay even after getting OWP? What is Implied status? Am i on implied status?

At the moment my PR application is sitting at medicals, i got my medicals done and now waiting for the next process.
Your new OWP is your new status in Canada. No, you are not on implied status since you already have your OWP with you.

xan

Mar 14, 2019
Sometimes it’s take less 3-4 days.....

IamJems

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
Hey, could you tell me where you are first stuck at, can you not locate the forms you need to fill out on the website? Lets start here and address each problem one by one, itll be better than me giving you a whole guide with some details that you might not even need.
Thats my first hurdle yeah :( cant find the forms :(