+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

Pooriak

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Hi all does any one have got returned work permit documents because of payment ? And resend it again ?
Cause mine was returned for missing fees and I resend them again , how long does it takes for first respond ?
Hi , yes same as mine , mine was returned too and I resend it to Edmonton , endminto is work permit place
So i think it shouldn’t takes very more becaus we dietectly send it to there ,
But I have no idea about timing , but hope it goes fast Cause we all need to work

Mar 13, 2019
I followed this website: https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ_-_New_Application_Forms#How_do_I_access_MyCIC.3F and can successfully link it. I have extracted the relevant part here....

Good Luck!

3. Link your application to your MyCIC account.

Disclaimer: This part has been tricky and inconsistent for different users. To link your account, you have to enter a particular combination of information, and that set of information seems to vary person by person.

Note that you can link your application (or at least try to!) anytime from say 7 - 10 days after you know it was received in Mississauga, you do not have to wait for AOR (although AOR will give you the valuable additional information necessary for some linking methods, like application number and UCI etc.).

• Log in to your MyCIC account (described above) in the ‘Welcome to GCKey’ screen.
  • In the ‘Welcome XXXX’ screen, click on the Continue button.
  • In the ‘Terms and Conditions’ screen, click the ‘I Accept’ button.
  • In the ‘Identity Validations’ screen, you are asked one of your security questions. Answer it and click on the ‘Continue’ button.
  • In your CIC Account screen, scroll down to the headings marked ‘Link an existing application to this account’ and click on the ‘Link application to this account’ button.
  • In the ‘Link Application’ screen:
    • Scroll down to the ‘category’ drop list and select ‘Permanent Residence’. This displays a Sub-Category.
    • In this sub-category drop list, select the correct sub-category (i.e., Family Class (Spouses)). This displays an ‘Application details’ section.
    • In the ‘Application Details’ section and in the 'Please select one' drop list, select the combination of data items you want to use to try to link your application. Most of them have been reported to work, but one has worked for many people is the 'Application Number and Family Name' option. See below for details on this.
There does not appear to be any magic best route with guaranteed success. Also note that there is a maximum of 5 attempts to link in any one 24 hour period allowed (although some have reported that it locks out after 4 failed attempts). You can of course have another 5 attempts the next day etc. But a logical approach to the various data permutations you use and persistence seem to pay off. Many people have made 15-30 different combination attempts over several days before they succeeded.

One of the oft-quoted ‘secrets of success’ seems to be to enter the bare minimum of information the screens will accept, rather than simply completing each and every field presented on the screens (you can use the 'failed validation warnings', so the red arrows that appear telling you what you have missed when you try to submit).

Method 1

One particular route to success that several people have had luck with is the ‘Application number / Family name’ option:

• Select the ‘Application number and family name’ option.
  • Chose number of applicants as 2 (i.e. the Principal Applicant and the Sponsor)
  • Enter the application number allocated by CIC and the family name
  • Hit the 'Submit' button. A validation error occurs
  • The validation red arrows indicate that only the birth details section is required (i.e. none of the passport section was highlighted - the drop lists for the passport sections were still available for editing however, normally the unnecessary fields tended to be greyed out and turned off).
Method 2

• Select Application Number and Family name
  • Fill your family name (surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form. PUT YOUR FAMILY NAME IS THIS FORMAT - Smith (ensuring the first letter is capitalized) THEN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE.
  • Then fill in Application number and AGAIN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE.
  • Next in applicant personal info panel fill CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH, DO NOT FILL IN ANY PASSPORT INFORMATION. AGAIN WRITE ON THE SAME FORMAT (CAPITALISED FIRST LETTER OF YOUR CITY) AND PUT A SPACE AFTERWARDS
  • Select Province and town you intend to live in (as on your IMM0008) and select current marital Status.
  • Finally select 2 as the number of family members AND AGAIN ADD A SPACE AT THE END.
  • Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
The above are merely two examples that succeeded for people by a process of trial and error.
the second option worked for me as a champ

dmarques

Jan 30, 2019
Hi all does any one have got returned work permit documents because of payment ? And resend it again ?
Cause mine was returned for missing fees and I resend them again , how long does it takes for first respond ?
It happened the same with me.
I am an Dec 5 applicant.
I resent it and they received it for the second time on Feb 12.
After that I called them and they said I was back to the end of the line and my application is going to be processed in 4 months.

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
Hello Everyone, I hope all your applications are going as smoothly as they can.

I just want to give a quick update:

CSQ was approved the 29th of March 2019

I recieved the CSQ in the mail today 04 April 2019

changes will be reflected in my signature. Just giving some timeline for other January applicants that are applying from Quebec!

Reactions: IamJems and xan

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
I previously posted here. Same situation as yours. It was returned to me last March 26, and the letter was dated March 20, thats probably the date when they sent it back to me. Immediately when I got it I settled the missing payment and sent it on the same day of March 26th. Up to now I havent got any emails neither link my OWP application through GcKey Acct.

In other threads some people say we will have to wait another 3-4 months since we'll be back at the bottom of pile. Some said a few weeks after resubmission they got their owp approval. But none of them has proved it to be true nor that it happened to them, just hearsay.

I was actually waiting for someone to confirm owp approval after resubmission. But no luck! Please share when you get an update after resubmission. I think you also have to consider which province you are. In Vancouver out of 17 applicants only 7 confirmed approval of OWP. In other provinces they were almost finished waiting.

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
It happened the same with me.
I am an Dec 5 applicant.
I resent it and they received it for the second time on Feb 12.
After that I called them and they said I was back to the end of the line and my application is going to be processed in 4 months.
This is unfair. Whats the reason of getting stamped when PR and OWP app was receive in Missisauga with the instruction to send it with the same package and the letter? I honestly thought that this helps them identify that it is a resubmitted owp app and originally been received in January, so that (hopefully) means to say they'll process it with priority. I wish there was a designed department for returned app so they can pay attention to it and finish to their committed time before moving to new app. I would say that most with returned apps would definitely face another problem with our visitors visa since the extension has been delayed.

I know it was our mistake but they should have indicated clearly on the checklist the 2 required payments. They only mentioned pay the open work permit holder fee. Ohh this is really frustrating!

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
Guys just now I got an email from CSC. 2 days ago I sent them an email informing that I have resubmitted my OWP to Edmonton. I mentioned the reason of resubmission. Then this was the response

Good day (my full name),

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is not available in the system yet.

However, rest assured that this situation is normal since the responsible office is currently processing applications received by mail before December 1, 2018.

We invite you to verify the processing times on the IRCC website and contact us using the IRCC Web form if they have passed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Simon, Agent 4347
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Clearly that it will take several months before they get to review our resubmitted application! They are just working on the applications that was sent out before DEC 2018.

Pooriak

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
I previously posted here. Same situation as yours. It was returned to me last March 26, and the letter was dated March 20, thats probably the date when they sent it back to me. Immediately when I got it I settled the missing payment and sent it on the same day of March 26th. Up to now I havent got any emails neither link my OWP application through GcKey Acct.

In other threads some people say we will have to wait another 3-4 months since we'll be back at the bottom of pile. Some said a few weeks after resubmission they got their owp approval. But none of them has proved it to be true nor that it happened to them, just hearsay.

I was actually waiting for someone to confirm owp approval after resubmission. But no luck! Please share when you get an update after resubmission. I think you also have to consider which province you are. In Vancouver out of 17 applicants only 7 confirmed approval of OWP. In other provinces they were almost finished waiting.
But you know I don’t think so , because
They all know that we need to work to survive here ... and if they wanted to keep us again 4 more month they never ask us to send the documents to Edmonton , this is good sign that we shouldn’t sent to missisauge again and wait for them to sent it to Edmonton ,
Be positive , in worst case you will start working at July

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
But you know I don’t think so , because
They all know that we need to work to survive here ... and if they wanted to keep us again 4 more month they never ask us to send the documents to Edmonton , this is good sign that we shouldn’t sent to missisauge again and wait for them to sent it to Edmonton ,
Be positive , in worst case you will start working at July
Thanks for the positivity. But my visitor visa is until June 18. So Il have to apply another extension for my TVR.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Several people have had their applications returned because they paid either paid 155 or 100 and did not know they had to pay 255. Your application starts afresh from the day they receive it after you resent them.

IamJems

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
Hello Everyone, I hope all your applications are going as smoothly as they can.

I just want to give a quick update:

CSQ was approved the 29th of March 2019

I recieved the CSQ in the mail today 04 April 2019

changes will be reflected in my signature. Just giving some timeline for other January applicants that are applying from Quebec!
HI! I got CSQ request a few days ago and the website is SUPER confusing to me, could you possibly send me a step by step guide with what i have to do and how? Im absolutely stumped :(

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
HI! I got CSQ request a few days ago and the website is SUPER confusing to me, could you possibly send me a step by step guide with what i have to do and how? Im absolutely stumped :(
Hey, could you tell me where you are first stuck at, can you not locate the forms you need to fill out on the website? Lets start here and address each problem one by one, itll be better than me giving you a whole guide with some details that you might not even need.

Reactions: mrowkamb16

Rekhapatel

Feb 15, 2019
Category: Temporary Resident
Sub-category: Work Permit and Extension

Use PA's UCI (the one you see on your linked PR GCKey, NOT the one that was in the AOR e-mail because that is the Sponsor's UCI) and PA's Family Name

Enter PA's Passport Information or PA's Place of Birth

Details of intended work in Canada
Type of Work Permit: Open (Initial Application or Extension)

Personal Information:
↳ Current Country of Residence: Canada
↳ Current Marital Status
↳ Which situation applies to the applicant: Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada
Thank you!!

I'm following these steps only but no luck. I'm getting worried.