+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

Flori-Ana

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Hello Flori-Ana,

Thank you for your response. Sorry last question, Option 2. We share monthly expenses by transferring monthly shared of ours in our joint accounts. I think I can show that by giving our monthly bank account statements or I need something else as well?
I think the monthly bank account statements (highlighting the transfers) are enough!

Rekhapatel

Feb 15, 2019
Thank you!!

I'm following these steps only but no luck. I'm getting worried.
Also, I had called the CIC to check my status of OWP they said you cannot link the OWP like the PR, you will receive an email once it is approved. I found this very strange as I read here most of them have linked their application.

Can someone guide on this please. Thanks!

Rekhapatel

Feb 15, 2019
Actually I would call the representative if I were you. With us, the applicant did not receive email with OWP approval. I only saw it because I linked the application on Gckey. If your representative could at least link your application, they could give you the number and you could call CIC to get the status. I swear I feel anxious for you! Hope it has already been approved and you just don't know yet!
Hi, how did you link the OWP app on GCKEY, I had called the CiC to check the same they said you only have to wait for the email then you have to call and check the status. I found this very strange

Rekhapatel

Feb 15, 2019
Medical Passed!

App Received:
Jan 16, 2019
PR AOR & Linked: March 7, 2019
OWP Linked: March 12, 2019
OWP Approved: March 13, 2019
OWP Received in Mail: March 19, 2019
Medical Request: March 25, 2019
Medical Passed: April 2, 2019
How did you link the OWP?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
So it starts with surname (which is family name) and then on the next line it has Given name.

Also now i have my OWP but i am on visitor visa, do i need to extend my stay and if yes how do i do it?
Thanks
Your name, It should be as it is written in your passport. May be you should call CIC about it. Perhaps someone with an experience in this can share it with you. As per your visa, you would need a valid visa or visitor status if you intend to leave and re-enter Canada. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/extend-stay.html

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Also, I had called the CIC to check my status of OWP they said you cannot link the OWP like the PR, you will receive an email once it is approved. I found this very strange as I read here most of them have linked their application.

Can someone guide on this please. Thanks!
Sign in on your GCKEY (using PA's details)
Click on Add (link) your application to your account
Select Category: Temporary Residence
Sub Category: Work Permit and Extension
Select: UCI and Family Name
UCI: Fill in the PA's UCI
Family Name: Fill in the PA's last name
Select: Passport and fill in PA's details
Work Permit Type: Open (initial application or extension)
Current Country of Residence: Canada
Current Marital Status: Fill your status...Married/Common Law
Which Situation Applies to the Applicant: Applied for PR as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada.

Rekhapatel

Feb 15, 2019
Sign in on your GCKEY (using PA's details)
Click on Add (link) your application to your account
Select Category: Temporary Residence
Sub Category: Work Permit and Extension
Select: UCI and Family Name
UCI: Fill in the PA's UCI
Family Name: Fill in the PA's last name
Select: Passport and fill in PA's details
Work Permit Type: Open (initial application or extension)
Current Country of Residence: Canada
Current Marital Status: Fill your status...Married/Common Law
Which Situation Applies to the Applicant: Applied for PR as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada.
Thanks you but I'm trying the same steps since a month..no success

Flori-Ana

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Application was received on 16th Jan and AOR received on 6th Mar
One day I was reading the December Inland forum, and they were also complaining because some January applicants were starting to get OWP and they had not received it yet. I'm sure I saw at least one person that the OWP took 3 months. For some reason your application is taking longer, but if you are sure that you paid the correct fees and attached the required documents, it's basically a matter of being patient... And fingers crossed!

Reactions: xan

Rekhapatel

Feb 15, 2019
Yes, I hope I receive the OWP soon because my TRV expries on 22nd this month so I believe I will have to apply for extention next week.

Just last question, since I have the UCI why I'm not able to link my application? So applicants get OWP AOR like the PR and then you can link? When I login my ECAS it only shows me PR application status.

Flori-Ana

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Yes, I hope I receive the OWP soon because my TRV expries on 22nd this month so I believe I will have to apply for extention next week.

Just last question, since I have the UCI why I'm not able to link my application? So applicants get OWP AOR like the PR and then you can link? When I login my ECAS it only shows me PR application status.
There's no AOR for OWP. A certain day the officer will add your OWP application to GCkey and you will be able to link it. It's not hard to link OWP as it is to link the PR application. It's really just some basic information and no worries about adding a space after the words or not. Ecas does not show the OWP application. Only Gckey does.

Reactions: Rekhapatel

Rekhapatel

Feb 15, 2019
There's no AOR for OWP. A certain day the officer will add your OWP application to GCkey and you will be able to link it. It's not hard to link OWP as it is to link the PR application. It's really just some basic information and no worries about adding a space after the words or not. Ecas does not show the OWP application. Only Gckey does.
THANKS A LOT Flori-Ana..your words give me hope and I'm positive now. :) :)

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Application was received on 16th Jan and AOR received on 6th Mar
There was a post about different ways to link your application, including writing your family name starting with CAPS and pressing space bar once...Like John(followed by space) and pressing spacebar once after UCI number. Trying to look for the post.

You can also try using the Automated telephone service to check your status

Reactions: Rekhapatel

Rekhapatel

Feb 15, 2019
T
There was a post about different ways to link your application, including writing your family name starting with CAPS and pressing space bar once...Like John(followed by space) and pressing spacebar once after UCI number. Trying to look for the post.

You can also try using the Automated telephone service to check your status
Trust me I have tried it all.. I spoke to a CIC agent in the morning they said you can't link OWP on Gcaccount until you receive a email saying your OWP is approved. I wonder how everyone else link if this is the case.