+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

IamJems

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
Your application number starting with F is only for PR/Sponsorship, not for the OWP. Try linking with PA’s UCI - once it’s linked you’ll see the OWP application number (starts with W)
@IamJems Also, I’m sure you’ve seen all the posts about it, but it’s normal if you can’t link OWP right away after getting AOR, it may take a few days to a week. Keep trying, but don’t stress out too much if it doesn’t work ;)
Yeah, im just trying to avoid having to extend my status online ($100! noooo) because my work permit runs out 1st April! 11 days to get OWP haha fingers crossed!

karan21sharma

Mar 5, 2016
I hope someone can provide me the correct way forward. I had sent my application January 28, 2019. However, since IMM5669e Schedule A Background / Declaration was not signed by hand in addition to the electronic signatures, I have received my application back on March 21, 2019. My common-law partner's study permit expired Jan 30, 2019. She is within 90 days of the expiration of temporary status so we can apply for restoration. I have some questions before we take our next steps:

Q1. The application was received with the reason that IMM5669e was not signed by the Principal Applicant as highlighted in the attached document. Should we just sign and mail the application back trusting that this is the only error we have on the application? On the other hand this might just be the first error the Processing Officer found and he returned the application. Do they go through the entire application and send back all the reasons it was returned or just the first one they locate?.

Q2. Is the visitor visa application process to restore the status the same as applying online. Are there any differences in applying online v/s applying on paper? I know online processing time is much less than applying through paper. Any other benefits or differences?

Q3. Do I need to include the visitor permit with my PR application now or can I send my PR + OWP before I receive the visitor visa?

Q4. Since the PR application's processing time is 12 months, should I be choosing period of stay on visitor visa as more than 6 months. Although since we are including the OWP which has processing time of 4 months, should we choose period of stay on visitor visa less than 6 months.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Congratulations to everyone who received their OWP and AOR

IamJems

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
I hope someone can provide me the correct way forward. I had sent my application January 28, 2019. However, since IMM5669e Schedule A Background / Declaration was not signed by hand in addition to the electronic signatures, I have received my application back on March 21, 2019. My common-law partner's study permit expired Jan 30, 2019. She is within 90 days of the expiration of temporary status so we can apply for restoration. I have some questions before we take our next steps:

Q1. The application was received with the reason that IMM5669e was not signed by the Principal Applicant as highlighted in the attached document. Should we just sign and mail the application back trusting that this is the only error we have on the application? On the other hand this might just be the first error the Processing Officer found and he returned the application. Do they go through the entire application and send back all the reasons it was returned or just the first one they locate?.

Q2. Is the visitor visa application process to restore the status the same as applying online. Are there any differences in applying online v/s applying on paper? I know online processing time is much less than applying through paper. Any other benefits or differences?

Q3. Do I need to include the visitor permit with my PR application now or can I send my PR + OWP before I receive the visitor visa?

Q4. Since the PR application's processing time is 12 months, should I be choosing period of stay on visitor visa as more than 6 months. Although since we are including the OWP which has processing time of 4 months, should we choose period of stay on visitor visa less than 6 months.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Congratulations to everyone who received their OWP and AOR
Q1.You should check your application thoroughly for further errors, because as you said sometimes they just find one and send it back. You also need to check because they updated some forms between then and now. So you will have to fill out some new ones.

Q2. Im sorry i dont know, but i would recommend online always.

Q3. I dont know sorry!

Q4. Ask for 6 months, incase it is returned again. You can ask for 12, if you want, they will give you as much time as they think you can support yourself.

Pooriak

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Same with me, still waiting
Yes I’m from 25 January ...
I called them & they said it takes maybe 2more weeks , the girl who was on the phone was so nice & kind they said there is lots of officer & each one of them have different speed to process . She said your document is here and I should wait .

Reactions: LightRose

LightRose

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Ottawa ontario
Yes I’m from 25 January ...
I called them & they said it takes maybe 2more weeks , the girl who was on the phone was so nice & kind they said there is lots of officer & each one of them have different speed to process . She said your document is here and I should wait .
Thats good to know, hope it will be sooner, best of luck

Mbm92

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Ontario process:

Permanent Residence

1. We received M’s application for permanent residence on January 4, 2019.
  2. We sent M medical instructions on March 6, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (The medical exam was done on the 9th of March, 2019)
  3. Medical results have been received

Sponsorship
  1. We received your application to sponsor M on January 4, 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on February 27, 2019.

Maybe I’m not gonna make it to the end :(, I have had an exclusion order on 28th of Jan. 2019 I got it after I filed my application because I stayed the whole 2018 on a study permit without studying due a bad legal advice I recieved from a lawyer in Missuaga stating that “it is ok to apply anytime as long your status is valid”, and my study permit is valid till July 2019, when I was eligible to apply for work permit according to my college diploma from Canada or I could’ve stayed as visitor too, but nobody told me anything even my consultant who filed my papers.
I have on the 25th of March, 2019 an interview for the PRRA I hope it will buy me enough time to get to the AIP on my application so it can hold off the removal order! Leaving my wife it will crush us, 100% they gonna cause us irreparable harm. It’s against the human rights to take couples away from each other, in our case we lived together close to two years now never thought this will happen we were married since March 2018 and applied my app in Jan, 2019 the problem she can’t go backhome with me because she is protected person and she haven’t applied for her citizenship yet because she is eligible for that in May 2019!

I hope everything goes well for both of us !!

Last edited:
Reactions: CristianFelipe

paladinav

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
We have not received Medical Request yet. Wonder if it is normal. Please check my signature for my PR progress details
Looks like the avg time for a Med request in Jan is 57 days with a standard deviation of 7. Looks like you're right on the mark and nothing to worry about. If you don't have it by next Friday then it would not be normal.

Reactions: vigneshwaran

nvamc

Dec 28, 2017

Hi recently they changed grace period from 90 to180 days for student status to expire.

Please once again check all your documents and submit back to them with OWP.

gants888

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
It costs $400,- total. Not sure if it's the same everywhere but I'm afraid is expensive everywhere.
They checked my overall health (height, weight, eyes, blood pressure etc.)
Chest X-ray, Bloodwork (HIV, Syphilis) and urine.
I feel like they just check if you're not falling apart haha.

And they definitely don't have a standard procedure. I was not expecting a medical request that soon. :rolleyes:
wow...that's expensive!!! but i am pretty sure your application will go fast as all your steps are going very smoothly!
I still don't have my medical request yet....