+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

curt101

Mar 21, 2019
You refer to the "Sponsorship application being processed email" - that is AOR. Did it include your application number and UCI?
Thanks for your response. It did include an application number and UCI but I assumed those were for my application to sponsor my wife and not for my wifes application for PR as the email stated "This confirms that your application to sponsor a member of the family class has been received by CIC on behalf of xxxx (my wife) " She has a UCI from when she was approved for a working holiday visa and this is how we linked her application. The file number to her linked application and the one in my email were different hence why I believe that this email was in regards to my application to sponsor her. Thanks for the help!

rrchante

Mar 20, 2019
Vancouver
Thanks for your response. It did include an application number and UCI but I assumed those were for my application to sponsor my wife and not for my wifes application for PR as the email stated "This confirms that your application to sponsor a member of the family class has been received by CIC on behalf of xxxx (my wife) " She has a UCI from when she was approved for a working holiday visa and this is how we linked her application. The file number to her linked application and the one in my email were different hence why I believe that this email was in regards to my application to sponsor her. Thanks for the help!
Sounds like you're all on track to me. Looks like a waiting game from here :) Best of luck!

smrtphusr

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Southwestern Ontario
Owp was approved today, Mar 21st
Jan 24th applicant
Mar 13th AOR
Mar 18th linked PR and OWP application

What are the steps to take now? Is there guide to set things up? Like SIN etc

Wife has to start application to tranfer american RN license to ontario license now... In the meantime she wants to get part time job.

Thanks.

Reactions: mrowkamb16

sevs

Mar 21, 2019
Owp was approved today, Mar 21st
Jan 24th applicant
Mar 13th AOR
Mar 18th linked PR and OWP application

What are the steps to take now? Is there guide to set things up? Like SIN etc

Wife has to start application to tranfer american RN license to ontario license now... In the meantime she wants to get part time job.

Thanks.
I believe you have to wait to get the work permit in the mail (takes less than a week from the time it was approved in the system) and then go with it to the nearest Service Canada point to apply for SIN. Here is more information https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/reports/apply.html
If you reside in British Columbia, you are also eligible to apply for medical insurance online.
Good luck!

RiyaAc

Jan 29, 2019
Hey guys!!! Finally received my AOR today in my common-law partner(Sponsor)'s email!!
Timeline-
App submitted- January 29th, 2019
App received- February 01, 2019
AOR received- March 21, 2019
AOR linked (PR app) - March 21, 2019

So I had to link the application number with my (PA) GCKEY account and not my sponsor's.
The email only gave us a UCI and an application number. I'm guessing that the UCI in the email is my sponsor's because I have a separate UCI.

How do I link the OWP application now?

Reactions: LightRose

sevs

Mar 21, 2019
Hey guys!!! Finally received my AOR today in my common-law partner(Sponsor)'s email!!
Timeline-
App submitted- January 29th, 2019
App received- February 01, 2019
AOR received- March 21, 2019
AOR linked (PR app) - March 21, 2019

So I had to link the application number with my (PA) GCKEY account and not my sponsor's.
The email only gave us a UCI and an application number. I'm guessing that the UCI in the email is my sponsor's because I have a separate UCI.

How do I link the OWP application now?

You can link the application by choosing Category - Temporary Resident; Sub Category - Work permit and Extension and further include your details (using the PA's UCI) and choose Open (initial application or extension) to final question What type of work permit are you applying for.
Good luck!

RiyaAc

Jan 29, 2019
Thank you so much!
You can link the application by choosing Category - Temporary Resident; Sub Category - Work permit and Extension and further include your details (using the PA's UCI) and choose Open (initial application or extension) to final question What type of work permit are you applying for.
Good luck!

RiyaAc

Jan 29, 2019
Good luck!
I tried linking my SOWP application with using my UCI (PA's UCI) but the system says it can't find it. While applying on paper, I had never mentioned my UCI number. Do I now have to use my Sponsor's UCI?

Reactions: LightRose

sevs

Mar 21, 2019
I tried linking my SOWP application with using my UCI (PA's UCI) but the system says it can't find it. While applying on paper, I had never mentioned my UCI number. Do I now have to use my Sponsor's UCI?
Not sure to be honest. I would probably try doing the same without putting anything for UCI, if that's possible. I believe you have total of 5 attempts within 24 hours

RiyaAc

Jan 29, 2019
Not sure to be honest. I would probably try doing the same without putting anything for UCI, if that's possible. I believe you have total of 5 attempts within 24 hours
Thanks! I'll keep trying until it links! :)

IamJems

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
Good luck!
What would be the answer to the last question? Because its telling me this... My application number begins with an F... is that not correct?

sevs

Mar 21, 2019
What would be the answer to the last question? Because its telling me this... My application number begins with an F... is that not correct?

Hello! The number that begins with F is your PR application number, the OWP number starts with a W (at least in my case). So I would leave that part blank when you are trying to link the OWP app

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018

Your application number starting with F is only for PR/Sponsorship, not for the OWP. Try linking with PA’s UCI - once it’s linked you’ll see the OWP application number (starts with W)