+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

Wemc

Mar 21, 2019
As if the confusion wasn't bad enough, if any of you have ever had multiple names or aliases (previous marriage/divorce, legal name change, etc) and are unable to link to your account, you may need to call. I tried linking my account a multitude of times, got frustrated, and called since it was in the ecas system. Gentleman on the phone was absolutely fantastic, but apparently the data entry clerk who handled my file put my old name instead of my legal name that's on my passport.
Edit to add: If your middle name is on your passport, it's possible the system requires that name in addition to your given name. Example: Family name - SMITH, Given Name - MARY SARAH
No word on OWP yet.
Received: Jan 29
AOR: March 15

Last edited:

curt101

Mar 21, 2019
Good Day All,

My timeline is as follows:
Application Sent: 30 Jan 2019
Application Received: 31 Jan 2019
PR Application linked online: 19 Mar 2019
Sponsorship application being processed email: 20 Mar 2019.
AOR: Not received.

I can see both the application to sponsor in ECAS which reflects the email they sent me on 20 Mar 2019. I can also see the PR application on my wife's ECAS (she is the PA) but it only shows the application was received 31 Jan 2019. As I look at everyone elses timelines they seem to be getting AOR almost immediately after the application was able to be linked online. On her MyCIC account it states the PR application is being processed but again we have not gotten an AOR via email from them.

Is this something we should be concerned about and has anyone heard of this happening in the past? Thanks for your input :)

Reactions: LightRose

Esmee178

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
At this moment I can't even try to link my OWP :confused:
It keeps saying Number of failed attempts exceeded... really annoying cause I only tried twice yesterday. It seems a little buggy sometimes.

Can I know where did you get application number from?
Thanks
In the AOR they sent to my husband.

rrchante

Mar 20, 2019
Vancouver
Good Day All,

I can see both the application to sponsor in ECAS which reflects the email they sent me on 20 Mar 2019. I can also see the PR application on my wife's ECAS (she is the PA) but it only shows the application was received 31 Jan 2019. As I look at everyone elses timelines they seem to be getting AOR almost immediately after the application was able to be linked online. On her MyCIC account it states the PR application is being processed but again we have not gotten an AOR via email from them.

Is this something we should be concerned about and has anyone heard of this happening in the past? Thanks for your input :)
You refer to the "Sponsorship application being processed email" - that is AOR. Did it include your application number and UCI?

Wemc

Mar 21, 2019
As if the confusion wasn't bad enough, if any of you have ever had multiple names or aliases (previous marriage/divorce, legal name change, etc) and are unable to link to your account, you may need to call. I tried linking my account a multitude of times, got frustrated, and called since it was in the ecas system. Gentleman on the phone was absolutely fantastic, but apparently the data entry clerk who handled my file put my old name instead of my legal name that's on my passport.
Edit to add: If your middle name is on your passport, it's possible the system requires that name in addition to your given name. Example: Family name - SMITH, Given Name - MARY SARAH
No word on OWP yet.
Update: Okay so the guy on the phone yesterday said that I could either make a new CIC account with my old name and link my app (I did,) or he could send in an email to have it fixed, but I wouldn't be able to link for another 4ish weeks. Well I'd already put in a technical support form last weekend, so I think they're changing it anyway. (Though it's still linked to my new account with my old name.)
Well, I was able to log into my old account that has all of my actual information and was able to link my OWP with my UCI and correct name information. So anyone that's struggling, hang in there. If all else fails, do call the call center. It's a super long wait time, but so long as you're nice to them, they'll be nice to you.
Because I think that dates/timelines are helpful:
Sent: Jan 25
PR Link: March 20
OWP Link: March 21 (but no emails about it yet)

LinkinMark

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Good Day All,

I applied last September. Never received AOR. I ended up calling and they told me my application was fine and ok for processing, gave me my application number so I could link my account. There was a few of us in the same boat I think. No AOR at all