+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

Ivylebrun

Jan 9, 2019
Does anyone know if the processing time for OWP is faster or the same when you send it to Edmonton VAC ??

I have the hope it is faster but I don’t know for sure .
I would like to hear someone’s experience .

vij135

Feb 1, 2019
UPDATE!!

Applied from Vancouver, Canada

Application received: Jan 24, 2019
AOR: March 13, 2019
Application linked: March 20, 2019
OWP linked: March 20, 2019
OWP APPROVED: March 21, 2019

I can't believe it happened so fast! And no medical exam needed! Now to wait for it to come in the mail :)

Hi..
My application received on Jan24, 2019
AOR: Marcch 14, 2019
Application linked: not able to do for both PR and OWP
MR: 16 March, 2019

can you please let me know the steps to link my application?

Reactions: Esmee178

vij135

Feb 1, 2019
Hi..

I am trying using gckey information but not getting success in linking application with any combination. Need to know about OWP status.

Esmee178

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Hi..
MR: 14 March, 2019

I used Application number and family name and that worked for me.

Reactions: LightRose

ilk_

Jan 26, 2019
You are efficient! I hope to get the medical request too...How much does the medical cost? What did they do?
The application process is really funny, seems they don't have a standard procedure. Like you and I have the exact timeline, but the process is slightly different...
In Vancouver around 300 to 350 CAD the cheapest I found 290

rrchante

Mar 20, 2019
Vancouver
Hi..

It took me 7 days with 5 tries each day to finally link mine! I used Application Number, Family Name, and Passport Details (PA's details of course). Make sure you put 2 for number of people in the application. I could only link OWP once the PR application was linked, as I found the PA's UCI number from that, and used PA's UCI, Family Name, and Passport Details to link OWP. Good luck!

paladinav

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Does anyone know if the processing time for OWP is faster or the same when you send it to Edmonton VAC ??

I have the hope it is faster but I don’t know for sure .
I would like to hear someone’s experience .

Table below kind of answers your question. Would be nice if there was a 'processing center' column in the tracking wb:

1 - Sample size is the total number of people from each city
2 - AVG AOR, AVG OWP is the number of days to get each item

LINK TO WB in case we have any late joiners:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit#gid=600561589

Last edited:
Reactions: kristoph29

vij135

Feb 1, 2019
It took me 7 days with 5 tries each day to finally link mine! I used Application Number, Family Name, and Passport Details (PA's details of course). Make sure you put 2 for number of people in the application. I could only link OWP once the PR application was linked, as I found the PA's UCI number from that, and used PA's UCI, Family Name, and Passport Details to link OWP. Good luck!

Tryied with
Permanent resident > spouce > UCI and last name / Application and last name > entered 2 this time in number of people in the appication. Still not success. Dont know where i m doing mistake or this application has an issue.

rrchante

Mar 20, 2019
Vancouver
Tryied with
Permanent resident > spouce > UCI and last name / Application and last name > entered 2 this time in number of people in the appication. Still not success. Dont know where i m doing mistake or this application has an issue.
I would just keep trying, making sure all the details match what you put on the application. If you still can't, you can contact them to link it for you I believe!

hkharoud

Mar 21, 2019
Guys, is there anyone from January who hasn't received their AOR yet?
I sent my sponsorship application on 28th January, which was received on 30th January. No AOR yet! :(

Reactions: LightRose

God_So_Loved

Mar 21, 2019
Anyone with PR+OWP applications received January 23rd or earlier still waiting for AOR?

My wife's Spouse in Canada PR Application + Open Work Permit was received at CPC-Mississauga on January 23rd but we haven't received AOR yet to either my e-mail (Sponsor) or her e-mail (PA) and both were provided properly in the application.

However over a week ago, her application showed up on ECAS as "In Process - We received your application for permanent residence on January 23, 2019" and also shows our updated addresses. We found it on ECAS using her Name / UCI (has one already) / Birthdate but can't find/link the application on GCKey.

Our Timeline So Far:

Application Sent: Jan 22, 2019 (Sent by Canada Post Priority to CPC-Mississauga)
Application Received: Jan 23, 2019 (Signed by S Wong)
AOR: Nothing Yet :(
ECAS: Shows as In Process - "We received your application for permanent residence on January 23, 2019."
Application Linked: Have not been able to link PR or OWP yet on GCKey

Somewhat confused o_O We haven't received our application back and I'm pretty sure we paid all fees, signed all forms, and included everything required.

Thoughts? Anyone else in the same boat?

Ps. Congratulations and best wishes to everyone!

Chuckus

Jan 12, 2019
How long does it take to get hard copy WP? Letter approval says up to 6 weeks but can it be sooner?
Does it have anything on there re travel?

rrchante

Mar 20, 2019
Vancouver
Anyone with PR+OWP applications received January 23rd or earlier still waiting for AOR?

My wife's Spouse in Canada PR Application + Open Work Permit was received at CPC-Mississauga on January 23rd but we haven't received AOR yet to either my e-mail (Sponsor) or her e-mail (PA) and both were provided properly in the application.

However over a week ago, her application showed up on ECAS as "In Process - We received your application for permanent residence on January 23, 2019" and also shows our updated addresses. We found it on ECAS using her Name / UCI (has one already) / Birthdate but can't find/link the application on GCKey.

Our Timeline So Far:

Application Sent: Jan 22, 2019 (Sent by Canada Post Priority to CPC-Mississauga)
Application Received: Jan 23, 2019 (Signed by S Wong)
AOR: Nothing Yet :(
ECAS: Shows as In Process - "We received your application for permanent residence on January 23, 2019."
Application Linked: Have not been able to link PR or OWP yet on GCKey

Somewhat confused o_O We haven't received our application back and I'm pretty sure we paid all fees, signed all forms, and included everything required.

Thoughts? Anyone else in the same boat?

Ps. Congratulations and best wishes to everyone!

That is basically AOR. If they acknowledge receipt of your application online it won't be sent back. Try to check it using the online tool? https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

Otherwise I would call and inquire!