+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

smrtphusr

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Southwestern Ontario
Alright then I will apply for extension . I am on my PGWP and it’s expiring in next 2 weeks . I also have a current SINP nomination pending for approval . Should I explain in the tourist visa application that it is needed for me to extend my status because I have an spousal application pending and needs to have a status?
I suppose its better safe than sorry.

smrtphusr, it took 3 days? Did you post it before or after the mail cut-off time? Could you please share the delivery progress? Mine will only be delivered tomorrow (to the wrong address) and I would like to know if it should be delivered to the right address on Thursday or only on Friday? Thank you very much
I sent it out on monday the 21st with xpresspost with signature. Regional mail it was next delivery as per canadapost. All was well, departed to missisauga monday night but got a notification tuesday morning there was error and package was rerouted.
No updates for 12 hours was getting worried opened a ticket just in case pakage went missing, after waiting wednesday night it finally arrived missisauga sorting facility and delivered thursday 24th at 11am. It was stressful i tell you. Once theres error, packages get manually sorted so it takes longer.

I was not aware of a deadline! My husband and I planned to submit yesterday, but we've been waylaid by a missing birth certificate. If our application to sponsor for PR + application for OWP is received AFTER January 31 - is he now not eligible for an OWP?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/spousal-permit-extended.html

Well so far there hasnt been of any news of extending the owp program for spouse sponsorship. This was published back in 2017.

ExpatDad

Jun 17, 2018
So, we sent our OWP/PR package on Jan. 13th, and it was received and signed for in Mississauga on Jan. 15.

I tried using the GCkey to find/link to the application, but nothing is showing.

Does anyone know what the first form of contact/acknowledgement from the IRCC will be, and when we should expect it?

Reactions: Genvir24

Genvir24

Jan 29, 2019
So, we sent our OWP/PR package on Jan. 13th, and it was received and signed for in Mississauga on Jan. 15.

I tried using the GCkey to find/link to the application, but nothing is showing.

Does anyone know what the first form of contact/acknowledgement from the IRCC will be, and when we should expect it?
Hello based on the timelines that I have read so far, they usually can link it a month after or after receiving AOR. I am not sure but that is based on my observation

Genvir24

Jan 29, 2019
Hello guys I have my Inland and OWP application submitted and I also applied tourist visa just last night since my work permit will expire Feb. 11. I also have a current express entry profile in my GC Key account. The question is should I withdraw my profile or leave it as it is? I currently have 370 poi

Krysse

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
Hello everyone! Sent in my application for PR end of December. Received on January 2nd. No news on AOR yet just to give those that are applying a timeline. Saw posted above that they are just working on ones received in December, so maybe I'll have more information soon. Applied for an extension of my visitor permit on December 17th online, no news yet but have been told processing times can be up to 4 months. Note: my original visitor record expired on December 31st but was assured by CIC that I am "in status" because I applied for the extension before my current one expired, I'm just not allowed to leave the country until I receive the new one. Otherwise, they will assume I left Canada voluntarily and cancel my application (that would suck!)

So my timeline is as follows:

Visitor Extension Sent: December 17th, 2018
Visitor Extension Received: December 17th, 2018
Visitor Extension Approved: waiting.....

PR Application sent: December 27th, 2018
PR Application received: January 2nd, 2019
AOR: waiting
Request for medicals: waiting

Flori-Ana

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
smrtphusr, thank you so much for answering my question. I could only sleep after you confirmed that your parcel was rerouted because you added the signature service - otherwise mine would only be delivered on Feb 1st!

My application was (finally) delivered, and now I can start my timeline:

PR + OWP Application sent: January 26th, 2019 (after mail cut-off time)
PR + OWP Application received: January 30th, 2019

My best wishes to all the applicants!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: LightRose

AMeyer

Jan 29, 2019
Update: with less than 4 hours to go before our application HAD to be on the Fedex truck, IRCC finally announced that the work permit pilot program has been extended to July 31, 2020.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/open-work-permit-pilot-extension.html

This is the best possible outcome for me, but I can't be the only one seeking damages or compensation for the last 21 hours spent madly rushing and stressing out! Jeepers...

Thanks for all the advice! I'll post in the February 2019 thread when we're ready to officially submit.

Reactions: Krysse

Ngomel

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Update: with less than 4 hours to go before our application HAD to be on the Fedex truck, IRCC finally announced that the work permit pilot program has been extended to July 31, 2020.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/open-work-permit-pilot-extension.html

This is the best possible outcome for me, but I can't be the only one seeking damages or compensation for the last 21 hours spent madly rushing and stressing out! Jeepers...

Thanks for all the advice! I'll post in the February 2019 thread when we're ready to officially submit.

YIPPIIIEEE!! What a great news!
OMG must be so stressful for you, now you can relax for some time
Wish you success in your application!

jay031

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
I suppose its better safe than sorry.

I sent it out on monday the 21st with xpresspost with signature. Regional mail it was next delivery as per canadapost. All was well, departed to missisauga monday night but got a notification tuesday morning there was error and package was rerouted.
No updates for 12 hours was getting worried opened a ticket just in case pakage went missing, after waiting wednesday night it finally arrived missisauga sorting facility and delivered thursday 24th at 11am. It was stressful i tell you. Once theres error, packages get manually sorted so it takes longer.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/spousal-permit-extended.html

Well so far there hasnt been of any news of extending the owp program for spouse sponsorship. This was published back in 2017.
I think they updated it, check for

Date modified: 2018-08-31

Ngomel

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Helo,
Today My inland spousal sponsorship application was recieved at mississauga.
Whats next?
Now is the waiting game, they will send you the AOR (acknowledgement of receipt) of your application to your email if your application is complete with no missing documents, etc. It will be sent in about 1-2 months.

Reactions: LightRose

vij135

Feb 1, 2019
has anyone submitted the bio matrices with OWP and PR application ?

I have filed an application on 21 Jan,2019. Read on ircc website that they require bio metric information after 31 Dec, 2018. I have not even attached any payment for bio matrices. Is it ok?

Last edited:

SuperSH

Jan 20, 2019
has anyone submitted the bio matrices with OWP and PR application ?

I have filed an application on 21 Jan,2019. Read on ircc website that they require bio metric information after 31 Dec, 2018. I have not even attached any payment for bio matrices. Is it ok?
Really?? For everyone? All bio metric is requirement?? Oh no

Flori-Ana

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
If you are applying as a member of the family class and are legally in Canada when you apply, you are currently exempt from giving biometrics. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#incanada
For the OWP, that's why I didn't pay the biometrics fee: You're temporarily exempt from giving biometrics. If you applied inCanada for a visitor visa, study or work permit, or permanent residence, you don't have to give your biometrics until 2019, when the biometrics collection service is established in Canada. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/exemptions.html

Last edited:

RiyaAc

Jan 29, 2019
I paid the biometrics fee with my Permanent residence application. I did not pay it with my OWP app because it didn’t make sense that they would need biometrics more than once. So since i didnt pay my right of PR fee at the moment, i paid $635 for PR and $255 for OWP.
Timeline until now
Submitted- 29 January 2019
Received- 01 February 2019
AOR- waiting