+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

smrtphusr

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Southwestern Ontario
Hi everyone I submitted my spousal application with OWP application. Below is my timeline:

January 25- sent application
January 27- re-routed error (Canada Post but the courier address since it is Priority)
January 28- Received application
Aor..

My work permit will expire on February 11, 2019. Is it wise to apply a tourist visa while waiting just to make sure that I won't get out of status while waiting for the OWP? I am also currently applying for SINP nomination because I have a permanent full time job offer and If nominated I am going to use it to extend my work permit in the border.

Any help and insights will do. Thank you:):)
yours got rerouted as well eh? dont know what they are doing at CP... mine took 3 days as well should have been next day delivery

check this for more info about extending your status
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5551-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada.html

Genvir24

Jan 29, 2019
yours got rerouted as well eh? dont know what they are doing at CP... mine took 3 days as well should have been next day delivery

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5551-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada.html
Alright then I will apply for extension . I am on my PGWP and it’s expiring in next 2 weeks . I also have a current SINP nomination pending for approval . Should I explain in the tourist visa application that it is needed for me to extend my status because I have an spousal application pending and needs to have a status?

Genvir24

Jan 29, 2019
Hey guys!!
I had applied back in November for my spousal application + work permit. My work permit had gotten returned to me and I received it today, However they did NOT send back my PR application. (I must have gotten a nice officer). My timeline is as follows:
App Received : Nov 22
AOR: January 5th
App Linked : January 5th.
MR January 16 2019
Work inc : yes
Work permit Returned (Dated January 9th, received January 21st)
Work permit sent back: January 21st.

It was definitely a shock to see the work permit application in my mailbox this morning, being that I thought i was in the clear because they had already sent me my medical request :confused:. We had forgotten to sign the last page.. and they had taken some of the information out (passport pictures etc) so we had to reinclude those in the application. We fixed the mistake and mailed the work permit, unfortunately now we will be back at the bottom of the pile :(. Hoping there isn't too many January applicants because I know there is a HUGE amount of November applicants, and CIC is currently processing October work permits.
Thank god we had extended the stay before we had submitted this application (got approved for a years time on January 7th) my common-law partner would have been out of status and too far deep to restore status.
I'm loaded with information and would love to help those who have questions!!
Thanks everyone!

I’m hoping that your application will do fine now. I would probably extend my status by applying visitor visa. I am on my PGWP and it will expire in 2 weeks. I want to have a status in case my owp will be returned

RiyaAc

Jan 29, 2019
Hey everyone, dropped off my 1.5kg application today for inland spousal sponsorship with sowp.
i don't see any updates about extension of pilot program. is it likely to get extended?

Ivylebrun

Jan 9, 2019
Hey guys !

My application was received on Jan 16.
I sent it with OPW and medical exams done. Hope once I sent my medical exam it is gonna be quicker .

Aor : waiting

Has anyone already received AOR?

Flori-Ana

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019

smrtphusr, it took 3 days? Did you post it before or after the mail cut-off time? Could you please share the delivery progress? Mine will only be delivered tomorrow (to the wrong address) and I would like to know if it should be delivered to the right address on Thursday or only on Friday? Thank you very much

Flori-Ana

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Hi everyone I submitted my spousal application with OWP application. Below is my timeline:

January 27- re-routed error (Canada Post but the courier address since it is Priority)
Aor..

My work permit will expire on February 11, 2019. Is it wise to apply a tourist visa while waiting just to make sure that I won't get out of status while waiting for the OWP? I am also currently applying for SINP nomination because I have a permanent full time job offer and If nominated I am going to use it to extend my work permit in the border.

Genvir24, it took 3 days? Did you post it before or after the mail cut-off time? Could you please share the delivery progress from Canada Post? Mine will only be delivered tomorrow (to the wrong address) and I would like to know if it should be delivered to the right address on Thursday or only on Friday. Thank you very much.

Reactions: Genvir24

Genvir24

Jan 29, 2019
Genvir24, it took 3 days? Did you post it before or after the mail cut-off time? Could you please share the delivery progress from Canada Post? Mine will only be delivered tomorrow (to the wrong address) and I would like to know if it should be delivered to the right address on Thursday or only on Friday. Thank you very much.
Hi Flori-Ana mine took 3 days since 26-27 is Saturday and Sunday and I have noticed that it did not moved during that day. Yours should be Thursday or tomorrow. :)

AMeyer

Jan 29, 2019
Well I mailed mine in today. Waiting game starts! :)

Did not many people apply in January? Figured there would be lots of us trying to meet the 31st deadline of course unless they extend the owp program.
I was not aware of a deadline! My husband and I planned to submit yesterday, but we've been waylaid by a missing birth certificate. If our application to sponsor for PR + application for OWP is received AFTER January 31 - is he now not eligible for an OWP?

Ngomel

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Hey guys !

My application was received on Jan 16.
I sent it with OPW and medical exams done. Hope once I sent my medical exam it is gonna be quicker .

Aor : waiting

Has anyone already received AOR?

No, not yet, maybe next month, mid or end of Feb until March, now they are processing the December applicants

Ngomel

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
I was not aware of a deadline! My husband and I planned to submit yesterday, but we've been waylaid by a missing birth certificate. If our application to sponsor for PR + application for OWP is received AFTER January 31 - is he now not eligible for an OWP?
I hope the pilot project will be extended but still no news :(
Did you find the birth certificate yet?
You can submit tomorrow and ask for express post/courier so they can get in in Jan 31
Wish you luck!

AMeyer

Jan 29, 2019
I hope the pilot project will be extended but still no news :(
Did you find the birth certificate yet?
You can submit tomorrow and ask for express post/courier so they can get in in Jan 31
Wish you luck!
I know we're responsible for our own deadlines, but they should REALLY mention January 31 on the CIC webpages for OWP and Spousal Sponsorship applications! I've even been working with an immigration consultant and this is the first I've heard this date.

The birth certificate is en route, but I doubt we'll have it by tomorrow. Thank you for the luck! Seriously going to need it.

Flori-Ana

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Genvir24 and smrtphusr, did you add the signature service to your parcels?

Thank you Genvir24 for your reply.

I sent my application through Xpresspost without the paid option of signature. Although some consider Xpresspost as a courier service, I read that it is still Canada Post, so they have access to the P.O. Box and should be able to deliver it.

AMeyer, I called IRCC 2 weeks ago and they didn't have any news on the pilot project. I was told that spouses could still apply for the OWP after January 31, 2019, and it just wouldn't take only 4 months to receive it. I keep checking both websites (PR sponsorship and OWP) and the instructions are the same (that you can mail the 2 applications together). None of these websites mentions any deadline to submit these 2 applications together, which makes me think that they should at least accept applications posted until the date that the websites show such instructions.

Last edited:

AMeyer

Jan 29, 2019
Genvir24 and smrtphusr, did you add the signature service to your parcels?

Thank you Genvir24 for your reply.

I sent my application through Xpresspost without the paid option of signature. Although some consider Xpresspost as a courier service, I read that it is still Canada Post, so they have access to the P.O. Box and should be able to deliver it. That's what the tracking shows me:

2019/01/29 16:43 STONEY CREEK, ON Item processed
2019/01/29 16:11 STONEY CREEK, ON Delivery may be delayed due to extreme weather conditions
2019/01/29 06:34 STONEY CREEK, ON Delivery may be delayed due to extreme weather conditions
2019/01/26 18:05 WATERLOO,ON Item accepted at the Post Office - it was after mail cut-off time

AMeyer, I called IRCC 2 weeks ago and they didn't have any news on the pilot project. I was told that spouses could still apply for the OWP after January 31, 2019, and it just wouldn't take only 4 months to receive it. I keep checking both websites (PR sponsorship and OWP) and the instructions are the same (that you can mail the 2 applications together). None of these websites mentions any deadline to submit these 2 applications together, which makes me think that they should at least accept applications posted until the date that the websites show such instructions.
Thank you, I really appreciate your post. I came to the same conclusion about still being eligible, but with possibly a much longer wait time for the OWP approval. Still terrible news for us as we're banking on the short timeline living off of a single income. It looks like the birth certificate will arrive in roughly one week. I so hope you're right and they accept us under the pilot program regardless.

We'll have to do what we have to do, but it seems hugely unfair to be penalized with no clear instruction.

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013

Aor..

I think you will have implied status. But its better to call IRCC and get it verified.