+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

Jordannesmith

Oct 7, 2018
Hey guys!!
I had applied back in November for my spousal application + work permit. My work permit had gotten returned to me and I received it today, However they did NOT send back my PR application. (I must have gotten a nice officer). My timeline is as follows:
App Received : Nov 22
AOR: January 5th
App Linked : January 5th.
MR January 16 2019

Work inc : yes
Work permit Returned (Dated January 9th, received January 21st)
Work permit sent back: January 21st.

It was definitely a shock to see the work permit application in my mailbox this morning, being that I thought i was in the clear because they had already sent me my medical request :confused:. We had forgotten to sign the last page.. and they had taken some of the information out (passport pictures etc) so we had to reinclude those in the application. We fixed the mistake and mailed the work permit, unfortunately now we will be back at the bottom of the pile :(. Hoping there isn't too many January applicants because I know there is a HUGE amount of November applicants, and CIC is currently processing October work permits.
Thank god we had extended the stay before we had submitted this application (got approved for a years time on January 7th) my common-law partner would have been out of status and too far deep to restore status.
I'm loaded with information and would love to help those who have questions!!
Thanks everyone!

Ngomel

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Hey guys!!
I had applied back in November for my spousal application + work permit. My work permit had gotten returned to me and I received it today, However they did NOT send back my PR application. (I must have gotten a nice officer). My timeline is as follows:
MR January 16 2019

It was definitely a shock to see the work permit application in my mailbox this morning, being that I thought i was in the clear because they had already sent me my medical request :confused:. We had forgotten to sign the last page.. and they had taken some of the information out (passport pictures etc) so we had to reinclude those in the application. We fixed the mistake and mailed the work permit, unfortunately now we will be back at the bottom of the pile :(. Hoping there isn't too many January applicants because I know there is a HUGE amount of November applicants, and CIC is currently processing October work permits.
Thank god we had extended the stay before we had submitted this application (got approved for a years time on January 7th) my common-law partner would have been out of status and too far deep to restore status.
Thanks everyone!
Hi, OMG so sorry to hear that :(
For the AOR you stated above, is that AOR for PR? Or you already have both AOR for OWP and PR?
Yes I read the November inland applicants thread, even the December ones have not received any AOR, now I know the reason is because of high amount of applicants in November
I am so nervous that the officer may return my application since I missed the marriage translation
However, it was in both English and my native language, I went to commissioner of oath last week and he didn't even notice the native language, he said, "Isn't this in English? Why do you need to translate it?" :D
So I hope the officer will also think the same and approve it too
I wish they just ask me to send the missing documents instead of return the whole package back :(

Thank you so much for your support! Wish everyone smooth process forward!

Reactions: Jordannesmith

Jordannesmith

Oct 7, 2018
Hi, OMG so sorry to hear that :(
For the AOR you stated above, is that AOR for PR? Or you already have both AOR for OWP and PR?
Yes I read the November inland applicants thread, even the December ones have not received any AOR, now I know the reason is because of high amount of applicants in November
I am so nervous that the officer may return my application since I missed the marriage translation
However, it was in both English and my native language, I went to commissioner of oath last week and he didn't even notice the native language, he said, "Isn't this in English? Why do you need to translate it?" :D
So I hope the officer will also think the same and approve it too
I wish they just ask me to send the missing documents instead of return the whole package back :(

Thank you so much for your support! Wish everyone smooth process forward!
I had only received AOR for the PR application as I just resent the work permit yesterday.
I have no experience with translations but I hope all is well with your application

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Hey guys!!
MR January 16 2019

Thanks everyone!
Can you tell me what reason did you put in for extension for the visitor visa ?

Jordannesmith

Oct 7, 2018
Can you tell me what reason did you put in for extension for the visitor visa ?
I stated that we know that the work permit gives implied status, however would like to extend the stay so we dont have to rely on the implied status in case there were to be an error with the application (missing signature etc). And that we would like a years extension in order to maintain legal status the entire process of the PR application.
Hope this helps!

smrtphusr

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Southwestern Ontario
Well, finally our application arrived at cpc missisauga. Signed by mr dave aucoin. Took extra 2 days because canada post made error, package had to be re routed... Wasnt fun last few days.

Now the REAL fun begins

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Sent my application on Friday last week. It went to New Brunswick due to their fault and now delivered in Mississauga. Sent to P.O Box address. Canada post tracking says Delivered to recipient's delivery partner. Is it normal ? Can someone please help

smrtphusr

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Southwestern Ontario
Sent my application on Friday last week. It went to New Brunswick due to their fault and now delivered in Mississauga. Sent to P.O Box address. Canada post tracking says Delivered to recipient's delivery partner. Is it normal ? Can someone please help
Thats what it says on my tracking info as well but i requested signature option and I can view who signed it and I sent it to courier address fyi

New brunswick? How did it end up there? :eek:

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Thats what it says on my tracking info as well but i requested signature option and I can view who signed it and I sent it to courier address fyi

New brunswick? How did it end up there? :eek:

Haa, Canadapost said, people misplaced the item in the wrong truck and it went east instead of west. It was so silly for me to understand. I got so much worried but now its fine.

canaussie3014

Nov 7, 2016
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-01-2019
AOR Received.
03-15-2019
Med's Request
03-29-2019
Med's Done....
04-4-2019
Sent my app in today with OWP, supposed to arrive Monday. So nerve racking!