+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

chen0_0

Apr 29, 2016
Sent my app in today with OWP, supposed to arrive Monday. So nerve racking!
Me too!! So glad that I found out I am not the only one send the application with OWP today.

I still have a question tho:
My PGWP permit will be expired on May 1st, Will I still be able to work after the expiration date?

canaussie3014

Nov 7, 2016
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-01-2019
AOR Received.
03-15-2019
Med's Request
03-29-2019
Med's Done....
04-4-2019
Me too!! So glad that I found out I am not the only one send the application with OWP today.

I still have a question tho:
My PGWP permit will be expired on May 1st, Will I still be able to work after the expiration date?
I think you would have implied status and would be able to continue working until a decision is made on the OWP. I'm in a similar situation, my husband is on a working holiday that expires in July. Let's hope it doesn't take long to get the permits :)

DarylM

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
Reading through this thread - am I right in thinking that the submission of OWP with Spouse In Canada RP ends on Jan 31st????

I am waiting on a translation of divorce papers, due the 1st Feb. Should I send it off sooner and just hope, or follow up with official translations?

SuperSH

Jan 20, 2019
Hi. Recently sent application for my husband inland with OWP.
Good luck for all of us!!

Sent on:Jan 22 2019
Received by(according to Canada post): Jan 24 2019
AOR: waiting...
OWP: waiting...

Flori-Ana

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Hello, one more applicant for January 2019 (inland common-law + OWP)
Application still in transit and should be delivered on January 29.
It's hard to believe that the processing time for the OWP could be as short as 7 weeks, but I guess that's really what they mean. I just renewed my PR card and the processing time was reduced from 93 in the end of November (I guess) to 60 days, and it actually took around 7 weeks.
They must have changed something in the organization, hired more people or so...
By the way, no biometrics fee as a temporary exemption, right?

DarylM

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
Sent our application in today, Monday 28th by UPS due to arrive tomorrow. Don’t remember when I was last so anxious about something!

Good luck to all ☘

Last edited:

jay031

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
Here is my info;

Sponsoring my wife.

Application received on Dec 7, 2018.
Got automated email on my email Id (something like...’there is a message for you... check your account’) Tried to link application, no success.

Waiting for AOR. Applied for work permit as well.

Spouse is from European Union, currently has a work permit till May 2019. Wondering if she need to apply for some visitor visa to continue to stay here even though she do not need Visa to enter Canada. Any thoughts?

SuperSH

Jan 20, 2019
Here is my info;

Sponsoring my wife.

Application received on Dec 7, 2018.
Got automated email on my email Id (something like...’there is a message for you... check your account’) Tried to link application, no success.

Waiting for AOR. Applied for work permit as well.

Spouse is from European Union, currently has a work permit till May 2019. Wondering if she need to apply for some visitor visa to continue to stay here even though she do not need Visa to enter Canada. Any thoughts?
I believe once you have application in .. it should be considered implied status as shown below... Q and A from help centre cic website. Maybe ask others for more opinion or directly call cic?

I have applied for a new work permit. Can I stay in Canada if my work permit expires?
Yes. You can stay in Canada, and may be able to keep working, under what's called implied status. That means the law implies you are a temporary resident. The implied status lasts until we decide on your new permit application. However, you must respect the following requirements:

If you applied for another work permit

• You must stay in Canada and meet the conditions of your original work permit. If you applied for a work permit extension before your work permit expired, you can keep working under the same conditions as your existing permit until we decide on your application.
If you applied for a different kind of permit

• You cannot do any of the activities allowed by the original work permit. For example, you may have come to Canada as a worker and then applied for a study permit. If so, you must stop working once your work permit expires. After that, you cannot work or study until you get a new permit.

Genvir24

Jan 29, 2019
Hi everyone I submitted my spousal application with OWP application. Below is my timeline:

January 25- sent application
January 27- re-routed error (Canada Post but the courier address since it is Priority)
January 28- Received application
Aor..

My work permit will expire on February 11, 2019. Is it wise to apply a tourist visa while waiting just to make sure that I won't get out of status while waiting for the OWP? I am also currently applying for SINP nomination because I have a permanent full time job offer and If nominated I am going to use it to extend my work permit in the border.

Any help and insights will do. Thank you:):)