+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

Krysse

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
I don't know if any of you are from the States as I am but right now, applying from inside Canada is exempt and U.S. Nationals are also exempt. It seems as though there are a lot of reasons for them to not do biometrics on everyone for mor lol.

Krysse

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
I don't know if any of you are from the States as I am but right now, applying from inside Canada is exempt and U.S. Nationals are also exempt. It seems as though there are a lot of reasons for them to not do biometrics on everyone for mor lol.
That should have read for now......

RiyaAc

Jan 29, 2019
Oh really lol. Yes I'm applying from within Canada and since it's 2019, I thought I do need to pay it. Anyway, will they refund it to me now?

Krysse

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
I'm not sure but I think after you are approved and landed and have papa the Right of permanent residence fee they refund anything except. Anyone else?

US citizen decided to jump to the "Great White North" even though the weather is better here than from my state of Michigan haha!!!

Krysse

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
I'm not sure but I think after you are approved and landed and have papa the Right of permanent residence fee they refund anything except. Anyone else?

US citizen decided to jump to the "Great White North" even though the weather is better here than from my state of Michigan haha!!!

OMG, I hate auto correct. It should say they refund the excess....

RiyaAc

Jan 29, 2019
Lol ok so basically they refund it at the end of the process. I read it somewhere on IRCC's website that they refund you the excess amount automatically. You don't have to request them.
Also, I have another question. When I was sending out my application, the SOWP pilot was not extended and I had to rush to send it before 31st. I have a few other supporting docs that have come in the mail for me and my sponsor. Is there a way we can send them out to them? And do we need to wait for AOR before we send out additional info?

Krysse

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
Lol ok so basically they refund it at the end of the process. I read it somewhere on IRCC's website that they refund you the excess amount automatically. You don't have to request them.
Also, I have another question. When I was sending out my application, the SOWP pilot was not extended and I had to rush to send it before 31st. I have a few other supporting docs that have come in the mail for me and my sponsor. Is there a way we can send them out to them? And do we need to wait for AOR before we send out additional info?
That one I'm not sure of. I didn't send it the SOWP yet because we have a more complicated application then most with children so wanted to just wait until I had AOR and apply online then. Does anyone else know of this answer? Only assuming but i would be concerned with sending something without a specific request and it getting lost in the shuffle....

arsalmano

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Hey guys, we have received our AOR today via email!!!!!!!!!!! So happy and relieved. Good luck to you all out there.

App Rec: Dec 6th, 2018
AOR Rec: Feb 02, 2019

Cheers!

arsalmano

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Which means i have another month...
Don't worry, if you sent a completed package then you are good. Usually, if there is a problem with the app, something missing or not filled out correctly, they would send the app back within the first 2.5 weeks.

Good Luck!

Krysse

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
Don't worry, if you sent a completed package then you are good. Usually, if there is a problem with the app, something missing or not filled out correctly, they would send the app back within the first 2.5 weeks.

Good Luck!
So my app was received on January 2nd, no AOR Yet but your saying if there was something wrong, I would have already gotten it back correct?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello everyone! Sent in my application for PR end of December. Received on January 2nd. No news on AOR yet just to give those that are applying a timeline. Saw posted above that they are just working on ones received in December, so maybe I'll have more information soon. Applied for an extension of my visitor permit on December 17th online, no news yet but have been told processing times can be up to 4 months. Note: my original visitor record expired on December 31st but was assured by CIC that I am "in status" because I applied for the extension before my current one expired, I'm just not allowed to leave the country until I receive the new one. Otherwise, they will assume I left Canada voluntarily and cancel my application (that would suck!)

So my timeline is as follows:

Visitor Extension Sent: December 17th, 2018
Visitor Extension Received: December 17th, 2018
Visitor Extension Approved: waiting.....

PR Application sent: December 27th, 2018
PR Application received: January 2nd, 2019
AOR: waiting
Request for medicals: waiting
Did you apply for OWP with you PR?

Krysse

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
Correct, having the OWP in on time does give implied status.... Unfortunately it was a choice of a $100 visitor extension vs. $255 OWP and in my case, we are only about 40 minutes from the New York State border where I'm a citizen and can work until I get my PR.