+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship - December 2018

aplusk

Feb 6, 2019
As we hadn't seen any status update since mid May, we called the CIC and spoke to an officer earlier this week. The officer informed us that the background check was completed (not sure when exactly) and criminality check was in progress.

Yesterday, we received Eligibility Passed emails and today, I see a DM on the sponsor side (ECAS). Hopefully we're close to the finish line. :)

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to thank everyone who helped us through our PR process or as I like to call it PR Nightmare. LOL :p

All your feedback, positive vibes, and conversions helped us through some rough times. I am so happy that my spouse is now PR holder and years to come will become a Canadian Citizen.

Had our landing interview today it was super easy and the officer was very nice, she kept making jokes and was very funny and pleasant.

They asked us for :

Both passports
Driver license ( to show same address)
Confirmed our home address so they can send PR card.
PR card pictures
Landing interview letter

She asked my spouse these following questions:

Are you working?
When was the last time you entered Canada?
Have you been convicted of crime in Canada or anywhere in the world?

And that was it. She said congratulations. We than walked over to the Service Canada in the same building and updated our SIN number to reflect as a PR holder SIN.

Here is our time line:
Application Received : 11 Dec 2018
CBSA interview for spouse..................January 8 2019,
Exclusion order given............................January 8 2019
AOR : Feb 9 2019

PRRA sent to IRCC...............................February 11, 2019
MR : Feb 19 2019
Medical done : 22 Feb 2019
Medical Passed : Mar 4 2019
AIP- March 6th 2019
Police Certificate Req - March 6 2019
Sent Police cert to Mexico City - March 13
Work Permit sent - March 14
Work Permit approved July 17, 2019
Request for Valid (renewed) passport -July 20, 2019
New Passport Photo Sent - Sept 6, 2019
Decision Made - .Sept 13, 2019
Landing Letter - .Sep 13, 2019
Landing Interview - Sept 27, 2019
PR Card: Waiting

For those who followed our story it was pretty crazy. CBSA discovered my spouse was out of status and overstayed in Canada. And than the exclusion order and CBSA seized documents it has been a crazy few months. CBSA didn't make it easy for us. However because we submitted PRRA and than the PRRA officer called our immigration officer we got approved in principle within 3 months:) But with gods grace we where able to get through the process.

Again thank you to everyone who reached out to us!! <3

Sevenrainbows78

Jun 25, 2019
Category........
FAM
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to thank everyone who helped us through our PR process or as I like to call it PR Nightmare. LOL :p

All your feedback, positive vibes, and conversions helped us through some rough times. I am so happy that my spouse is now PR holder and years to come will become a Canadian Citizen.

Had our landing interview today it was super easy and the officer was very nice, she kept making jokes and was very funny and pleasant.

They asked us for :

Both passports
Driver license ( to show same address)
Confirmed our home address so they can send PR card.
PR card pictures
Landing interview letter

She asked my spouse these following questions:

Are you working?
When was the last time you entered Canada?
Have you been convicted of crime in Canada or anywhere in the world?

And that was it. She said congratulations. We than walked over to the Service Canada in the same building and updated our SIN number to reflect as a PR holder SIN.

Here is our time line:
Application Received : 11 Dec 2018
CBSA interview for spouse..................January 8 2019,
Exclusion order given............................January 8 2019
AOR : Feb 9 2019

PRRA sent to IRCC...............................February 11, 2019
MR : Feb 19 2019
Medical done : 22 Feb 2019
Medical Passed : Mar 4 2019
AIP- March 6th 2019
Police Certificate Req - March 6 2019
Sent Police cert to Mexico City - March 13
Work Permit sent - March 14
Work Permit approved July 17, 2019
Request for Valid (renewed) passport -July 20, 2019
New Passport Photo Sent - Sept 6, 2019
Decision Made - .Sept 13, 2019
Landing Letter - .Sep 13, 2019
Landing Interview - Sept 27, 2019
PR Card: Waiting

For those who followed our story it was pretty crazy. CBSA discovered my spouse was out of status and overstayed in Canada. And than the exclusion order and CBSA seized documents it has been a crazy few months. CBSA didn't make it easy for us. However because we submitted PRRA and than the PRRA officer called our immigration officer we got approved in principle within 3 months:) But with gods grace we where able to get through the process.

Again thank you to everyone who reached out to us!! <3
Congratulations! I’m really happy for you!!

Reactions: Canadianguy1989

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
As of the landing interview last week, I became a Permanent Resident of Canada! It was a long journey and I still can’t believe it just came true.

The officer (and actually every single staff I met at the office) was very friendly, welcoming and kind. I was able to have the interview in a relaxed mood (it took only 5 min to complete). In addition, I was really touched when three staff and officers came to us to say “Congratulations!!”

Ever since I became sixteen, my dream had been to live happily and honestly in the country where sexual minorities can live safely with dignity. Canada is definitely where I can be free, happy and married. I can’t be happier that now I can live here permanently with the love of my life, without worrying about visa expiration and restrictions.

For those who have replied to my questions and concerns, I’d love to appreciate your kindness and helpfulness!

For those who are waiting for the application to be finalized- I wish you nothing but the very best!

Congrats! Did you receive your PR card yet? we landed last week Sept 27. Just wondering the timeline to get PR card. online its says 15 days.

iamvintage

Jan 28, 2019
Strange that we received Landing interview invite today but still no DM. Compared to other’s timeline the interview invite is usually sent same day or after the DM. I guess every case is really different! Still happy with this news!!

Timeline:
Dec 7 - PR and OWP submitted
Dec 11 - PR received as per ecas
Feb 8 - PR AOR
Feb 10 - PR linked in GCkey
Feb 13 - OWP returned in mail due to incomplete fees
Feb 14 - OWP resubmitted
Feb 16 - PR medical request
Feb 18 - OWP received as per ecas
Mar 7 - OWP linked in GCkey (no OWP AOR received in email)
Mar 8 - PR medical passed
May 7 - PR BGC started
May 10 - PR additional docs and biometrics requested
May 11 - PR additional docs submitted
May 13 - PR biometrics done
May 16 - OWP eligibility review started
May 17 - OWP approved
Sep 24 - EP
Oct 1 - Landing Interview invite
Oct 11 - Landing interview
DM - ??

Last edited:

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Going into Vancouver for landing this late afternoon. I have all of my requested documents ready. This seems surreal! I am still nervous for no reason! I am traveling from Vancouver Island so hope the travel goes smooth. I will update when I am finished up.

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Going into Vancouver for landing this late afternoon. I have all of my requested documents ready. This seems surreal! I am still nervous for no reason! I am traveling from Vancouver Island so hope the travel goes smooth. I will update when I am finished up.
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! This is awesome news!

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! This is awesome news!
Thanks!

I keep checking that I have my things in order making sure i did not forget anything. Lol its crazy. But i keep seeing it is a super easy appointment so I am trying to calm down!

deisand

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Thanks!

I keep checking that I have my things in order making sure i did not forget anything. Lol its crazy. But i keep seeing it is a super easy appointment so I am trying to calm down!
You'll be fine! It's mostly a formality!

I say that, and I packed our documents last week and our landing interview isn't until the 9th...