AOR Received.
Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
Hi guys. I would just like to ask is there anybody else from May 2014 who didnt recvd their OWP from the pilot project? Thank you.

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
vik999 said:
I see, I submitted with pilot project this year. Have'nt heard so far anything.
hi vik999 did u rcvd ur OWP already?

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Linden said:
That's surprising this is the first time I've heard of this. Did your friend try to cross the border again the next day? Are you able to provide more details?

Note that the border agent cannot cancel the inland application he has no authority to do so. Also I believe CIC does not cancel the application immediately. What usually happens is the person denied entry into Canada and they miss their landing interview which nullifies their application

This is from the CIC website. These are guidelines for CIC staff

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/processing/pr.asp
Thank you so much for this input on travelling while your PR is in progress.

Members of this board always seem to put the fear into people of travelling abroad why really there is nothing to worry about. You are right that they dont even have the access to Cancel your application there and then, there are just myths of stories of that happening and then suddenly everyone thinks its FACTS. Its just not true at all.

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
Hi guys just would like to inform everyone just talked to SArah awhile ago and she said my husband OWP was sent yesterday. I am eagerly waiting for it today. We applied last May but never had a WP number before. When we called last December they cant tell the progress ofour OWP. Hoping for all others to get theirs too. :) :) :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
Thank you so much for this input on travelling while your PR is in progress.

Members of this board always seem to put the fear into people of travelling abroad why really there is nothing to worry about. You are right that they dont even have the access to Cancel your application there and then, there are just myths of stories of that happening and then suddenly everyone thinks its FACTS. Its just not true at all.
You really are dense.

While it's true that a CBSA officer cannot cancel your inland application, their decision to NOT grant you re-entry back into Canada is what would lead to CIC cancelling your application...because you are no longer IN Canada, which is the IN part of INLAND.

It's more than just a matter of the person not being able to attend their landing interview. They must continue to live together during the INLAND processing, so if they [you] are denied re-entry, how in the F are you going to be able to continue to live with your sponsor, IN CANADA?

Ug! Why are you so convinced that you're `above' the dangers of leaving before you have PR?

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Linden said:
I've never seen CIC say anywhere not to travel during the inland process

In fact this is what they on their website about traveling during inland application process

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=248&t=28

While I agree that re-entry is not 100% and obviously you friend demonstrated that, I never seen CIC discourage travel during the application process. They're typical response is it's up to the border officer.
Here is the whole story ; He applied Inland with a valid IEC open work permit, submitted an application for the OWP with the inland sponorship. He was told about the new pilot program and read in this forum that he could go to the border and get his work permit there. He drove down to Coutts as his IEC work permit was about to expire And his employer told him that he needed a new work permit to continue working.
The officer refused to give him the OWP as the instructions are to wait for it or apply to Vegreville.
As he only had few days left , the officer decided no to let him in. ( he can for sure make this decision, like it or not ) Call it bad luck but it happened. Of course his application cannot be cancelled by a CBSA officer but he can write on his file that the applicant is not longer in Canada. So he want to visit friends in USA and lucky him his OWP arrived yesterday. He is flying back on Monday and we have faith he will be allowed re-entry.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
susana said:
The officer refused to give him the OWP as the instructions are to wait for it or apply to Vegreville.
As he only had few days left , the officer decided no to let him in. ( he can for sure make this decision, like it or not ) Call it bad luck but it happened.
I'm not so sure if the officer writes on his file that he is no longer in Canada that information gets to CIC. CBSA and CIC really don't do a good job coordinating their work to begin with.

What reason did the officer give for not allowing re-entry? When the officer refuses entry into Canada he must give a reason which then goes onto a document which I think your friend signed.

Anyways let us know what happens on his re-entry attempt.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Linden said:
I'm not so sure if the officer writes on his file that he is no longer in Canada that information gets to CIC. CBSA and CIC really don't do a good job coordinating their work to begin with.

What reason did the officer give for not allowing re-entry
? When the officer refuses entry into Canada he must give a reason which then goes onto a document which I think your friend signed.

Anyways let us know what happens on his re-entry attempt.
It may have been as simple as the person not being able to provide ties to his home country, since he WAS living in Canada.

I suspect that this would be difficult for every Inland applicant, since they are [semantics aside] living in Canada, prior to becoming PR.

chris1302

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
for all the travellers out there, why didn't you all just apply outland then.
My husband is applying inland, we know it is not recommended so we will stay in canada fyi..there are pretty places to see here too.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
susana said:
Here is the whole story ; He applied Inland with a valid IEC open work permit, submitted an application for the OWP with the inland sponorship. He was told about the new pilot program and read in this forum that he could go to the border and get his work permit there. He drove down to Coutts as his IEC work permit was about to expire And his employer told him that he needed a new work permit to continue working.
As he only had few days left , the officer decided no to let him in. ( he can for sure make this decision, like it or not ) Call it bad luck but it happened. Of course his application cannot be cancelled by a CBSA officer but he can write on his file that the applicant is not longer in Canada. So he want to visit friends in USA and lucky him his OWP arrived yesterday. He is flying back on Monday and we have faith he will be allowed re-entry.
He may have trouble re-entering Canada the second time even with his OWP. He will have a record of denial of entry in CBSA record and that will not be in his favour when he try to re-enter a second time.

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
chris1302 said:
for all the travellers out there, why didn't you all just apply outland then.
My husband is applying inland, we know it is not recommended so we will stay in canada fyi..there are pretty places to see here too.
Because some of us have 30++ months of wait time if we decide to go the Outland route.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
He may have trouble re-entering Canada the second time even with his OWP. He will have a record of denial of entry in CBSA record and that will not be in his favour when he try to re-enter a second time.
I wonder how the OWP, issued under the pilot program, is `seen' by CBSA? All that it takes, is an Inland application and legal visitor status to get one.

The other OWPs are issued after AIP, which would seem to be viewed as a bit more credible by CBSA, since they know that the applicant has:

1. A qualified sponsor

2. Has proven to CIC that they are in a genuine relationship with their sponsor

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Ponga said:
I wonder how the OWP, issued under the pilot program, is `seen' by CBSA? All that it takes, is an Inland application and legal visitor status to get one.

The other OWPs are issued after AIP, which would seem to be viewed as a bit more credible by CBSA, since they know that the applicant has:

1. A qualified sponsor

2. Has proven to CIC that they are in a genuine relationship with their sponsor
It doesn't matter if he has an OWP or not. He has a record of being denied entry. That will be a black mark against him trying to re-enter Canada. The agent can still use the "denial of entry", especially a recent one, say a couple of days ago, as a reason to still deny entry. It would look like he is not respecting the "denial entry" and trying again.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
It doesn't matter if he has an OWP or not. He has a record of being denied entry. That will be a black mark against him trying to re-enter Canada. The agent can still use the "denial of entry", especially a recent one, say a couple of days ago, as a reason to still deny entry. It would look like he is not respecting the "denial entry" and trying again.
Yes, but wouldn't it be linked to the reason(s) why he was denied re-entry?

There have been some [here] that were able to return a day after being refused entry.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
screech339 said:
I guess I would ask what is going to happen at his landing interview, provided he gets that far, when they ask him if he's ever been denied entry into Canada. He will have to answer yes, and when they match up the dates, will they then deny his PR because he was denied entry during an Inland application process? I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens when that time comes.