+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Anoushkev

Aug 26, 2014
Hey there,
i sent my spousal sponsorship application June 2014, it was received August 2014...I can see from the processing times that they are still working on August 2013????Does that mean i still need a year for my papers to be opened???or is that info missleading??
I am also planning for a vacation in June this year, and i am going back and forth on whether i should or shouldnt??!!i guess no one knows 100%

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anoushkev said:
Hey there,
i sent my spousal sponsorship application June 2014, it was received August 2014...I can see from the processing times that they are still working on August 2013????Does that mean i still need a year for my papers to be opened???or is that info missleading??
I am also planning for a vacation in June this year, and i am going back and forth on whether i should or shouldnt??!!i guess no one knows 100%
Unfortunately, that's exactly what that means. Processing times are always changing, so it's possible that CIC will pick up the pace, but...zzzzzzz don't hold your breath.

Since nobody here can guarantee that you will be allowed re-entry into Canada if you leave, it really is up to you to decide if it's worth the risk.

softball

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
HI i submitted my inland application in May 2014, got AOR in Aug 2014. I also worked in Canada for a few years after I graduated from a canadian university, and I am still working now. I just received my owp from the family sponsorship owp pilot project. I am wondering if I can and should submit my profile in express entry category to speed up my process? I don't have LMIA, but I have a formal full-time job with a owp.

jlai720

Jan 14, 2015
ALEJOMOR said:
Hello,

Not at all. If he holds a Japanese passport, he will only need to show his OWP to the CBSA office at the border. I'd advice you to carry a copy of your AOR, Marriage certificate to avoid any kind of problems (just in case lol).

Btw, Congratulations for your' spouse OWP!
Good to know! Thanks so much for the advice!!! :D

jlai720

Jan 14, 2015
susana said:
"Without a problem" is an understatement. CIC recommends NOT to travel during the inalnd sponsorship process, a friend from Germany with a valid OWP was refused re-entry a couple of days ago, the officer was not in the mood to allow him to re-enter. He told him only emergency travel can be considered and he said his inland application is cancelled.

Some got away with it and have been able to travel and get back, but is it worth to gamble with your process ? You play with fire, you can get burned.
Wow that sounds pretty serious, well he actually has no plan to travel so far but just wanna know in advance in case there is really an emergency that he needs to go back. Guess I'll phone CIC just to confirm. Thanks so much for the info.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jlai720 said:
Wow that sounds pretty serious, well he actually has no plan to travel so far but just wanna know in advance in case there is really an emergency that he needs to go back. Guess I'll phone CIC just to confirm. Thanks so much for the info.
You might want to call the CBSA, since they are the ones that determine whether or not a person is allowed to enter/re-enter Canada, not CIC.

jlai720

Jan 14, 2015
Ponga said:
You might want to call the CBSA, since they are the ones that determine whether or not a person is allowed to enter/re-enter Canada, not CIC.
oh right! They are the boss eh. How about just traveling to US by car? would that make it a lot easier than traveling by air? or it's pretty much the same for all CBSA?

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Hi All,

If I didn't do my medical upfront when I submitted my application (June 2014), can I still have it done before AIP (if that day ever comes)? If yes, how do I send the medical to CIC? And are there any forms I need to take to the doctor for the medical?

queenie1525

Nov 22, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-14
any sept. 2014 outland applicant there? did you guys received any UCI /file numbers?

softball

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
queenie1525 said:
any sept. 2014 outland applicant there? did you guys received any UCI /file numbers?
dude this is the inland application topic. you can go to 2014 outland application one. good luck.

jlai720

Jan 14, 2015
MissFrowz said:
Hi All,

If I didn't do my medical upfront when I submitted my application (June 2014), can I still have it done before AIP (if that day ever comes)? If yes, how do I send the medical to CIC? And are there any forms I need to take to the doctor for the medical?
You can actually wait until CIC request for it, or you can do it now and submit it, just don't forget to attach your UCI or reference number so they can link it to your application quickly. There's a list for authorized doctors that offer the medical exam required by CIC, just pick one on the list and send in the report the clinic gives you, you don't need to bring any form. Good luck!

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
susana said:
"Without a problem" is an understatement. CIC recommends NOT to travel during the inalnd sponsorship process, a friend from Germany with a valid OWP was refused re-entry a couple of days ago, the officer was not in the mood to allow him to re-enter. He told him only emergency travel can be considered and he said his inland application is cancelled.

Some got away with it and have been able to travel and get back, but is it worth to gamble with your process ? You play with fire, you can get burned.
That's surprising this is the first time I've heard of this. Did your friend try to cross the border again the next day? Are you able to provide more details?

Note that the border agent cannot cancel the inland application he has no authority to do so. Also I believe CIC does not cancel the application immediately. What usually happens is the person denied entry into Canada and they miss their landing interview which nullifies their application

This is from the CIC website. These are guidelines for CIC staff

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/processing/pr.asp

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
susana said:
CIC recommends NOT to travel during the inalnd sponsorship process.
I've never seen CIC say anywhere not to travel during the inland process

In fact this is what they on their website about traveling during inland application process

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=248&t=28

While I agree that re-entry is not 100% and obviously you friend demonstrated that, I never seen CIC discourage travel during the application process. They're typical response is it's up to the border officer.

Morrison2266

Apr 3, 2013
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea based on my situation.

I applied for Spousal PR back in January 2014, had my pack sent back due to a missing signature around April. I also included a OWP application with the PR forms, i had the work permit sent back to me in October due to missing funds, this was returned in November. Has anyone received a work permit back from November 2014?

Also, i have never received any type of acknowledgment letter after sending anything in to the Mississauga address, is this something i should worry about?