20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Alurra71 said:
I guess I would ask what is going to happen at his landing interview, provided he gets that far, when they ask him if he's ever been denied entry into Canada. He will have to answer yes, and when they match up the dates, will they then deny his PR because he was denied entry during an Inland application process? I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens when that time comes.
Forgot about the landing question part. That is one of the usual 3 questions asked at landing interview. The applicant would have to say yes at that point. What happens after that? Only time will tell.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alurra71 said:
I guess I would ask what is going to happen at his landing interview, provided he gets that far, when they ask him if he's ever been denied entry into Canada. He will have to answer yes, and when they match up the dates, will they then deny his PR because he was denied entry during an Inland application process? I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens when that time comes.
If he is successful in his next attempt, and it happens ASAP, why would the landing officer deny his PR?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Ponga said:
If he is successful in his next attempt, and it happens ASAP, why would the landing officer deny his PR?
I didn't say he/she would deny his PR. What I said was it will be interesting to see what will happen when he has to answer that question about being denied entry. I don't know that anyone has ever had to answer 'yes' to that question where the denial has corresponded to a point where the application was in process. I find it quite interesting that the officer would deny entry with a PR application in process to begin with, so obviously things aren't as cut and dried as we all 'assumed' it was.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Ponga said:
We won't know what the agent will do at the landing interview. Remember the application does asked if you were denied entry to any country. If you said no in application and then you say yes at landing, that is two difference answers not matching up. You may not get denied PR but you probably likely to get a delay in processing to have CIC update records before landing as PR.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Of course, if he had come in on an IEC and then been working on 'implied status' after it expired, you could understand him being rejected at the border by CBSA....

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
We won't know what the agent will do at the landing interview. Remember the application does asked if you were denied entry to any country. If you said no in application and then you say yes at landing, that is two difference answers not matching up. You may not get denied PR but you probably likely to get a delay in processing to have CIC update records before landing as PR.
Since the refusal occurred AFTER the application was submitted, you would think that CIC could `figure it out' when the applicant explains the answer at landing, but...we are talking about CIC. ;)

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
zardoz said:
Of course, if he had come in on an IEC and then been working on 'implied status' after it expired, you could understand him being rejected at the border by CBSA....
I think that his IEC permit was not expired yet, but was due to expire in a couple days from the date of his refusal, if I read the post correctly. He was trying to get his OWP via the pilot program at the border. Didn't quite work out as planned.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
He was not yet under implied status as his IEC OWP still had a few days left on it.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Ponga said:
He was not yet under implied status as his IEC OWP still had a few days left on it.
Hence the "if"...

Blissy_78

May 9, 2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
Its so frustrating to see all these May/June 2014 Applicants who have already received their OWP under this new program.

I think anyone that was involved in the Vegreville to Mississauga transfer has been screwed over.
I feel for you. My PR application was received on Feb 03 2014 together with my OWP application and i still don't have my OWP. As for the others who received theirs later than mine, they already got their OWP in the mail! I called up CIC to confirm my OWP application and they said it was received together with my PR application. So i asked the agent why mine is not processed yet, she answered me back that she doesn't know. Talk about a heart breaking and upsetting feedback / answer! :( :( :( But i couldn't blame her, there's only so much information she could give me, probably she's as helpless and clueless as me.

YanTran

Oct 2, 2014
Hi everyone, Im so sad. our application is returned today because of older version form. (IMM1344). I dont know that means we have to wait for the AOR again and our process is longer ?? huhuhu :((

TeamDandC

Dec 20, 2014
Hello all,

My husband (Samoan) and I (Canadian) submitted an Inland PR application along with an OWP application on December 22nd 2014. It was delivered to the office in Mississauga (according to the courier) on December 22nd 2014. I have a couple of questions...

1) Now do we just sit and wait? Should we be expecting any kind of advice of receipt any time soon? I have tried to look online but thus far they have no record of our application (Spousal sponsorship nor PR nor OWP). I'm having ALL the stress...

2) Since the implementation of the OWP Pilot Program Are they opening these envelopes quickly to see if an OWP was included in the package? It seems to me that people on this forum often make reference to their envelopes not being opened for months on end. But...since they are expediting the OWP applicaitons will they be opening the envelopes quicker? Does anyone know?

3) They are estimating 4 months to process OWP but is that 4 months from the time of submission or the time of opening the envelope?

Thank you all for sharing your stories and your knowledge. I wish I had stumbled upon this site prior to submitting our application. It would have been very helpful. But...better late than never. So...thanks again!!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
TeamDandC said:
Hello all,

My husband (Samoan) and I (Canadian) submitted an Inland PR application along with an OWP application on December 22nd 2014. It was delivered to the office in Mississauga (according to the courier) on December 22nd 2014. I have a couple of questions...

1) Now do we just sit and wait? Should we be expecting any kind of advice of receipt any time soon? I have tried to look online but thus far they have no record of our application (Spousal sponsorship nor PR nor OWP). I'm having ALL the stress...

2) Since the implementation of the OWP Pilot Program Are they opening these envelopes quickly to see if an OWP was included in the package? It seems to me that people on this forum often make reference to their envelopes not being opened for months on end. But...since they are expediting the OWP applicaitons will they be opening the envelopes quicker? Does anyone know?

3) They are estimating 4 months to process OWP but is that 4 months from the time of submission or the time of opening the envelope?

Thank you all for sharing your stories and your knowledge. I wish I had stumbled upon this site prior to submitting our application. It would have been very helpful. But...better late than never. So...thanks again!!
As for number 3)

Since your OWP is sent to CIC-M with the PR application and OWP are processed in CIC-V office, CIC-V may not know about your OWP application until it is in the system when CIC-M updates your PR application and issue an AOR. So it is quite possible that you may not get OWP until you get AOR stage. After all, the pilot program dictates that OWP are given out to those who got AOR. Getting OWP within 4 months may not be within 4 months of opening envelope but within 4 month after AOR.

TeamDandC

Dec 20, 2014
Okay, yes. That makes sense...so I guess we shouldn't start counting until we receive AOR. Any idea how long that is taking? From what I've seen on this site it seems to me that it typically takes a little over a month for AOR??

The amount of information on here is kind of overwhelming. Massively helpful but a bit overwhelming for a newcomer. I try to sift through but sometimes miss the answers to the (bazillion) questions that I have so I apologize if this question has already been answered...

Thanks again for the help! VERY much appreciated!