+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
susana said:
"Without a problem" is an understatement. CIC recommends NOT to travel during the inalnd sponsorship process, a friend from Germany with a valid OWP was refused re-entry a couple of days ago, the officer was not in the mood to allow him to re-enter. He told him only emergency travel can be considered and he said his inland application is cancelled.

Some got away with it and have been able to travel and get back, but is it worth to gamble with your process ? You play with fire, you can get burned.
Well the person who was refused cant of put up much of a fight.... He should be allowed back to Canada as long as you have a OWP, Passport and a Temporary Resident Visa if your not from one of the Trusted Country's. There is NO reason for the officer to not allow you into Canada there and then as you have STATUS in Canada...You have a Work Permit and you have a Temporary Resident Visa. He cant just Cancel your application then and there when you are at the desk it doesn't make any sense at all. Did he not say to the officer that he already has submitted his PR application and shown him its already in Process...

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
Well the person who was refused cant of put up much of a fight.... He should be allowed back to Canada as long as you have a OWP, Passport and a Temporary Resident Visa if your not from one of the Trusted Country's. There is NO reason for the officer to not allow you into Canada there and then as you have STATUS in Canada...You have a Work Permit and you have a Temporary Resident Visa. He cant just Cancel your application then and there when you are at the desk it doesn't make any sense at all. Did he not say to the officer that he already has submitted his PR application and shown him its already in Process...
As much as you are led to believe, having an OWP does not guarantee re-entry into Canada. Susana illustrated that in her post. Having a status before leaving Canada doesn't mean you have status after you come back. The big difference is that OWP is a TEMPORARY work visa, not difference from Study and Visitor Visa, as compared to PR who have PERMANENT status.

You seem to think that you are entitled to come back into Canada just because you had temporary status before leaving Canada. The CSBA officer at the border has every right to determine who gets in and who stays out. It is part of their job and enforce the immigration rules.

Once you get your OWP, you are still at the mercy of CBSA when you come back from your planned vacation trip. Remember you have to convince them to allow you to re-enter back into Canada, not the other way around.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
As much as you are led to believe, having an OWP does not guarantee re-entry into Canada. Susana illustrated that in her post. Having a status before leaving Canada doesn't mean you have status after you come back. The big difference is that OWP is a TEMPORARY work visa, not difference from Study and Visitor Visa, as compared to PR who have PERMANENT status.

You seem to think that you are entitled to come back into Canada just because you had temporary status before leaving Canada. The CSBA officer at the border has every right to determine who gets in and who stays out. It is part of their job and enforce the immigration rules.

Once you get your OWP, you are still at the mercy of CBSA when you come back from your planned vacation trip. Remember you have to convince them to allow you to re-enter back into Canada, not the other way around.
So all of the people who apply for the IEC Visa, which includes a Open Work Permit the exact same as the Pilot Project Open Work permits.

I know 100's of people who have that same Open Work Permit who have left and re-entered Canada multiple times at the boarder and never had any issues, I don't see what the differences is.

I did the very same when I was on the IEC Visa, it also stated "This does not authorize re-entry" on the work permit like the pilot one I went and came back many times and each time my British passport was just stamped.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
So all of the people who apply for the IEC Visa, which includes a Open Work Permit the exact same as the Pilot Project Open Work permits.
No...it's NOT the same, because the pilot program OWP has something written on it that says that it is pending FC (Family Class) sponsorship approval.

I know 100's of people who have that same Open Work Permit who have left and re-entered Canada multiple times at the boarder and never had any issues, I don't see what the differences is.
Really? You actually know more than a couple of people that were successful in re-entering? There's no way on earth that you know of `hundreds'.

I did the very same when I was on the IEC Visa, it also stated "This does not authorize re-entry" on the work permit like the pilot one I went and came back many times and each time my British passport was just stamped.
Why are you questioning this with everyone? You seem like a person with reasonable intelligence, even though you are stubborn as hell.

Make a decision already!

Oh...if you do go, just imagine how nervous you're going to be when you look into the eyes of the CBSA officer at the airport, when you `come home'. Remember...they are trained to pick up on people that are nervous. :eek:

Again...good luck!

tomtomato

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
I think the argument about if one (under the process of in-land application) is allowed to leave and re-enter the Canada boarder would be an ongoing one. To me, this is the worst of all about the In-land PR process. Yes, it is not recommanded to leave the country while your "IN-LAND" application is in process, but the heck they are making this "process" years long for? So that means we ought to stay in Canada for n years? who knows how long the first stage is even now? it is growing exponentially. Some of us have families back home. Visiting grandparents is a good "excuse" to leave the country temp for the boarder agent?

Anyway, to me, there is no reason to deny someone from re-entry if:
He/she already filed for inland application which cost 1000 bucks,
Already received AOR, or any other proof,
Has TRV if required,
Has OWP, or study permit, post-graduate work permit or whatever,

The boarder agent needs to be reminded of what disgrace it is that CIC is current having such big backlog on inland application, whatever the reason is. Their mood that day just doesn't determine all the years of waiting the people of in-land application have to go through. If it wasn't for the pilot program, it is definitely a case against human right.

I think at the end of the day, we have to look at it case by case. Personally, i just don't believe someone would just be denied for re-entry for no good reason. So it is not good to spread that kind of news here if the story behind it is not fully understood.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
tomtomato said:
I think the argument about if one (under the process of in-land application) is allowed to leave and re-enter the Canada boarder would be an ongoing one. To me, this is the worst of all about the In-land PR process. Yes, it is not recommanded to leave the country while your "IN-LAND" application is in process, but the heck they are making this "process" years long for? So that means we ought to stay in Canada for n years? who knows how long the first stage is even now? it is growing exponentially. Some of us have families back home. Visiting grandparents is a good "excuse" to leave the country temp for the boarder agent?

Has TRV if required,

The boarder agent needs to be reminded of what disgrace it is that CIC is current having such big backlog on inland application, whatever the reason is. Their mood that day just doesn't determine all the years of waiting the people of in-land application have to go through. If it wasn't for the pilot program, it is definitely a case against human right.

I think at the end of the day, we have to look at it case by case. Personally, i just don't believe someone would just be denied for re-entry for no good reason. So it is not good to spread that kind of news here if the story behind it is not fully understood.
The people who filed outland also had paid the same amount of 1040 as well. The difference is that they can leave and enter Canada as well with the same risk that inland applicants have to go through. The big difference is that if they were denied re-entry, it won't affect their outland application.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomtomato said:

Has TRV if required,

Exactly, Thank you and it makes total sense.

You get people on here to seem to spread fear and provide wrong information so whatever they write is not Facts but people still listen. Just because 1 person was rejected for whatever reason doesn't mean everyone will. Most people on here think that since the 1 person got rejected (they NEVER really know the full story anyway) they tell everyone its not possible to do things.

People seem to be afraid to Argue their case with the officer if rejected...If that was to happen you would say its a disgrace it is that CIC is taking this long, you have submitted your application and its in Progress, they wont just cancel your application because of that..

Really? You actually know more than a couple of people that were successful in re-entering? There's no way on earth that you know of `hundreds'.

Yes 100's, Go on the BUNAC/IEC VISA facebook page, you get the same people asking all the time and doing it.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
The people who filed outland also had paid the same amount of 1040 as well. The difference is that they can leave and enter Canada as well with the same risk that inland applicants have to go through. The big difference is that if they were denied re-entry, it won't affect their outland application.
This is the best answer in my opinion for the issue of leaving and reentering. Yes, people are allowed to leave and re enter whether it's inland or outland, there is no difference. The difference, as screech stated, is that if Inland applicant get refused re entry, the PR application will likely be abandon because one condition cannot be met: cohabit with sponsor in Canada at all time.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:

You get people on here to seem to spread fear and provide wrong information so whatever they write is not Facts but people still listen. Just because 1 person was rejected for whatever reason doesn't mean everyone will. Most people on here think that since the 1 person got rejected (they NEVER really know the full story anyway) they tell everyone its not possible to do things.

People seem to be afraid to Argue their case with the officer if rejected...If that was to happen you would say its a disgrace it is that CIC is taking this long, you have submitted your application and its in Progress, they wont just cancel your application because of that..

Yes 100's, Go on the BUNAC/IEC VISA facebook page, you get the same people asking all the time and doing it.
Susana post only illustrate that even though the risk of getting denied re-entry is very low, it is still there. The person who got denied happened to fall in the small chance of getting denied. It basically proven that it is not 100% guarantee that you are able to get back in with passport and OWP. So we stand corrected to warn others that while the chance of being denied re-enter is very low, it is their decision to make and take their chance. If a person happened to fall in the minority of being denied re-entry, they have no one else to blame but themselves.

xandt

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Received OWP in the mail yesterday. I'm May 2014 applicant. On the OWP there's UCI, which is the first time I get it. Previously I've been trying to use Application Number in the AOR to check eCAS without success. Still no luck with the UCI. I wonder if I chose the incorrect option. Could anyone who is able to check status confirm? Much appreciated.

Here's what I used:

1. Which category did you apply for?
Permanent residence from within Canada

2. More specifically, which category or permanent residence from within Canada did you apply for?
Temporary resident permit holders

3. Identification Type:
Client ID Number / Unique Client Identifier

Result: We were not able to identify you using this information you provided. ...

faH

Apr 2, 2014
xandt said:
Received OWP in the mail yesterday. I'm May 2014 applicant. On the OWP there's UCI, which is the first time I get it. Previously I've been trying to use Application Number in the AOR to check eCAS without success. Still no luck with the UCI. I wonder if I chose the incorrect option. Could anyone who is able to check status confirm? Much appreciated.

Here's what I used:
You should be selecting Sponsorship first, then Sponsoring spouse in Canada
1. Which category did you apply for?
Permanent residence from within Canada

2. More specifically, which category or permanent residence from within Canada did you apply for?
Temporary resident permit holders

3. Identification Type:
Client ID Number / Unique Client Identifier

Result: We were not able to identify you using this information you provided. ...

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:

You'll be fine. Have a great vacation!

xandt

Star Member
May 12, 2014
faH said:
You should be selecting Sponsorship first, then Sponsoring spouse in Canada
Thanks for pointing that out to me. Unfortunately it still doesn't work. I thought that option would be for the sponsor, not the applicant (which I am). Anyhow, I tried that option with my ID info, still no luck.

softball

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
Its so frustrating to see all these May/June 2014 Applicants who have already received their OWP under this new program.

I think anyone that was involved in the Vegreville to Mississauga transfer has been screwed over.
I sent my owp application with my original application package. so its on May 27 as well. be patient. you will get the owp soon if you did the same thing.