May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Itswell said:
My update is a sad one. I called yesterday and the Agent told me that he will send a request to the office(r) in charge, reminding them that it is about time we receive a letter. He told me to call back after 3 months should in case we receive nothing or call back after 1 month for an update.
I just hope I will not have depression this time, I am really finding it hard to cope :( :(
Have you contacted your MP? Some of them are very useful and they can communicate more efficiently with CIC.

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
Itswell said:
My update is a sad one. I called yesterday and the Agent told me that he will send a request to the office(r) in charge, reminder g them that it is about time we receive a letter. He told me to call back after 3 months should in case we receive nothing or call back after 1 month for an update.
I just hope I will not have depression this time, I am really finding it hard to cope :( :(
That sounds like the call centre reply that they give if they want to get rid of you quick and doesn't say anything so don't worry too much!! I've seen this a lot and I'm sure you will get your AIP soon!

ramen

Dec 21, 2014
I wonder if someone can help me. so this process of cores took way longer than expect. My spouse is getting ansy and wants to go back home to visit family ASAP. I personally am hoping great things will happen in the new years.
but we shall see. However im wondering if anyone knows about
applying for a new temp resident visa from within canada ??? I think perhaps hes eligable? (hes here on visitor visa though but thats now expired but did sent work permit with app, but hes getting work permit soon it seems)
does anyone one know this way works? so we can leave for 3-4 weeks, with having little risk of being rejected at the border NOTE: hes from a country that requires visa, and this country is pretty strick, so leaving and applying at the country is out of the question.. as could likely reject.

thanks.

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
ramen said:
I wonder if someone can help me. so this process of cores took way longer than expect. My spouse is getting ansy and wants to go back home to visit family ASAP. I personally am hoping great things will happen in the new years.
applying for a new temp resident visa from within canada ??? I think perhaps hes eligable? (hes here on visitor visa though but thats now expired but did sent work permit with app, but hes getting work permit soon it seems)
does anyone one know this way works? so we can leave for 3-4 weeks, with having little risk of being rejected at the border NOTE: hes from a country that requires visa, and this country is pretty strick, so leaving and applying at the country is out of the question.. as could likely reject.

thanks.
Hello Ramen,

Please note that the work permit doesn't authorize re-entry so going out of the country is a big no-no. If it hasn't been too long since the visitor visa has expired, it can be extended (I believe within 90 days?) Someone here will be able to give you exact information. But going out of the country at this point is not a good idea. If for some reason they don't let your husband in, your application would be void. If its important to go, maybe you guys can apply out land instead?

Be very careful.

Take care :)

NorthDakota22

Dec 19, 2014
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum as an active member however I have been following it for over a year since my partner and I sent in our inland sponsorship application in December 2013. Before anything else, I wanted to send a huge THANK YOU to everyone on this forum. Your discussions and answers to questions have been enormously helpful to me while preparing and waiting for processing of our application. I would say you guys are 1000X more knowledgeable than the CIC call centre, and I am so grateful that a forum like this exists.

A bit of background about our application: I am sponsoring my partner, who is from a country that requires a visa for entry. She has been in Canada since 2012 on various study and work permits. When we applied for permanent residency in December 2013, she still had a study permit and accompanying open work permit. However, this expired in February 2014 and we did not apply for a visitor permit at the time because we were advised by our lawyer that it could be rejected and she could be forced to leave Canada. This means that my partner has been without status for 10 months and unable to work or study. We received notice that our application was received on January 2014, but no AIP yet.

I have two questions that I am really hoping someone can help me with:

1. When I received the email from CIC saying that they got our application, I assumed it was AOR. It said "This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on XXXX on behalf of the following member(s)".

However, I (the sponsor) was the only person to receive this letter and was subsequently able to log in on CIC's website. My partner, the actual applicant, never received a letter like this. Was this letter the AOR?

2. We have been waiting EXTREMELY anxiously for AIP in order to apply for a work permit and regain status, and when I read CIC's notice about granting work permits before AIP I almost cried with relief. However, I am nervous about the fact that my partner is without status. Does anyone know if being out of status will be a problem for our work permit application, once we are able or invited to apply? When I took CIC's online quiz about eligibility to apply for a work permit it said that my partner was ineligible because she had been out of status for more than 90 days. I am hoping that someone on this forum has had the experience of being out of status and then getting it restored through an OWP.

Thank you!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
NorthDakota22 said:
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum as an active member however I have been following it for over a year since my partner and I sent in our inland sponsorship application in December 2013. Before anything else, I wanted to send a huge THANK YOU to everyone on this forum. Your discussions and answers to questions have been enormously helpful to me while preparing and waiting for processing of our application. I would say you guys are 1000X more knowledgeable than the CIC call centre, and I am so grateful that a forum like this exists.

A bit of background about our application: I am sponsoring my partner, who is from a country that requires a visa for entry. She has been in Canada since 2012 on various study and work permits. When we applied for permanent residency in December 2013, she still had a study permit and accompanying open work permit. However, this expired in February 2014 and we did not apply for a visitor permit at the time because we were advised by our lawyer that it could be rejected and she could be forced to leave Canada. This means that my partner has been without status for 10 months and unable to work or study. We received notice that our application was received on January 2014, but no AIP yet.

1. When I received the email from CIC saying that they got our application, I assumed it was AOR. It said "This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on XXXX on behalf of the following member(s)".

However, I (the sponsor) was the only person to receive this letter and was subsequently able to log in on CIC's website. My partner, the actual applicant, never received a letter like this. Was this letter the AOR?

2. We have been waiting EXTREMELY anxiously for AIP in order to apply for a work permit and regain status, and when I read CIC's notice about granting work permits before AIP I almost cried with relief. However, I am nervous about the fact that my partner is without status. Does anyone know if being out of status will be a problem for our work permit application, once we are able or invited to apply? When I took CIC's online quiz about eligibility to apply for a work permit it said that my partner was ineligible because she had been out of status for more than 90 days. I am hoping that someone on this forum has had the experience of being out of status and then getting it restored through an OWP.

Thank you!
Welcome here!:)
1. Yes, this is AOR, and usually only the sponsor receive it. Your partner should be able to log in to eCAS with file number (F....) or she can call the call centre and ask for her UCI.
2. The exact terms of the new OWP will be published tomorrow, but right now it looks like that someone who hasn't got any status won't be eligible.
Did you send an OWP along with your PR? Because that would give her implied status, without that she really hasn't got any status. If this is the case, your lawyer made a huge mistake.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
ramen said:

thanks.
I want to second linxord, at this stage with a very strict, visa-requiring country I would only go if I'm comfortable with withdrawing the inland app and applying outland again.

NorthDakota22

Dec 19, 2014
sophieee said:
Welcome here!:)
1. Yes, this is AOR, and usually only the sponsor receive it. Your partner should be able to log in to eCAS with file number (F....) or she can call the call centre and ask for her UCI.
2. The exact terms of the new OWP will be published tomorrow, but right now it looks like that someone who hasn't got any status won't be eligible.
Did you send an OWP along with your PR? Because that would give her implied status, without that she really hasn't got any status. If this is the case, your lawyer made a huge mistake.
Thanks for such a fast reply! Unfortunately we did not submit the OWP when we applied, also following the advice of our lawyer. I am kicking myself for this now, but hindsight is 20/20. I am hoping that because my partner still had status when the application was received, she will be eligible. Even if we are not eligible for the new OWP, I am wondering if this will be a problem at a later stage. So if we wait till we receive AIP and the invitation to apply for an OWP, will her current lack of status be an issue when we apply?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
NorthDakota22 said:
Thanks for such a fast reply! Unfortunately we did not submit the OWP when we applied, also following the advice of our lawyer. I am kicking myself for this now, but hindsight is 20/20. I am hoping that because my partner still had status when the application was received, she will be eligible. Even if we are not eligible for the new OWP, I am wondering if this will be a problem at a later stage. So if we wait till we receive AIP and the invitation to apply for an OWP, will her current lack of status be an issue when we apply?
Right now it's not an issue to be out of status, you could still apply for OWP after AIP.

vaida

Oct 10, 2013
NorthDakota22 said:
Hi everyone,

Thank you!
Hi NorthDakota22!!
I feel so bad for u wasting your money for such lawyer!! I am almost in exact same situation, in Canada since 2012 on work/study permits, submitted sponsorship application back in October 2013. My last work permit expired on April, 2014, since then I am not working cause I didn't submit OWP along with the sponsorship app, I had therefore to apply for a visitor permit, and now we're just waiting for the good news. But for a lawyer to advise u not to apply for a visitor permit it's just incompetent. There is a reason for Inland sponsorship, is to let spouses to stay in Canada. Wow, so sorry for that experience. Right now there's nothing you can do, just wait for your AIP I think, unless the new OWP policy would allow u to apply for a work permit before AIP. Don't be hard on yourself, what's done is done. What makes me mad is those lawyers, who advise stuff like that, all they do is just rip u off without really doing any good :(

Itswell

Dec 18, 2014
sophieee said:
Have you contacted your MP? Some of them are very useful and they can communicate more efficiently with CIC.
I have not done that yet Sophieee, I am waiting to hear more information on the "one-year pilot work permit", though we submitted one with the application, I wouldn't mind sending in another if that is allowed. I just want to work, tired of staying home.

Itswell

Dec 18, 2014
whatalongwait said:
Wife landed today at the Hornby office. Glad we double checked our letter, otherwise we would have went to Expo Blvd. If you're landing at the Hornby office, Use the door on the left. And if you have some sort of interview scheduled other than the landing interview and arrived early, don't go out for lunch because we saw an agent look for someone who just stepped out for lunch assuming they came too early (they were an hour early).

Anyways, 3 standard questions, a few initials and signatures, then we received our charter of rights, copr, and we were done. Took less than 10 minutes.

The officer said the pr card should arrive in 3-4 weeks.

FYI we got AIP in January so the second stage took 11 months. Our OWP would have expired Jan 2015. We extended as a visitor twice before sending out for the owp, which was only for a year. For those of you with similar timelines, keep your fingers crossed. I'm assuming they didn't want us to have to extend again, which we were going to do the week we received DM.

Thanks to everyone who have been providing updates. They kept us going, and hopeful, and good luck to everyone else!
Congratulations!

Itswell

Dec 18, 2014
3september2013 said:
That sounds like the call centre reply that they give if they want to get rid of you quick and doesn't say anything so don't worry too much!! I've seen this a lot and I'm sure you will get your AIP soon!
The fortunate/unfortunate thing is that through the knowledge I got from this forum, I was the one explaining the letters and the wording to the Agent. I told him that both the sponsor and the principle applicant should receive letters which is AIP but he insisted that only the sponsor should, the applicant should wait for 8months more after the letter addressed to the sponsor. I didn't want to argue because that would not help my situation.
Honestly, most of us would make great "CIC Call Center Agents"

NorthDakota22

Dec 19, 2014
vaida said:
Hi NorthDakota22!!
I feel so bad for u wasting your money for such lawyer!! I am almost in exact same situation, in Canada since 2012 on work/study permits, submitted sponsorship application back in October 2013. My last work permit expired on April, 2014, since then I am not working cause I didn't submit OWP along with the sponsorship app, I had therefore to apply for a visitor permit, and now we're just waiting for the good news. But for a lawyer to advise u not to apply for a visitor permit it's just incompetent. There is a reason for Inland sponsorship, is to let spouses to stay in Canada. Wow, so sorry for that experience. Right now there's nothing you can do, just wait for your AIP I think, unless the new OWP policy would allow u to apply for a work permit before AIP. Don't be hard on yourself, what's done is done. What makes me mad is those lawyers, who advise stuff like that, all they do is just rip u off without really doing any good :(
Thanks for your support Vaida! I'll just sit tight for now and keep my fingers crossed. I hope that we all get good news tomorrow about the OWPs.

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Hi guys, I have my SIN expired and I have my OWP now. Do I have to renew it? If so, could you please someone tell me what to bring. Do you think CIC Calgary is open on the 24th?

Thank you and have a wonderful Christmas everyone!