11-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2013
Med's Done....
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-03-2015
Princess029 said:
I did my medical sometime in May 2013 that's why they are not asking me to do my medical again. Only my police check they requested upon receiving my AIP since it is expired. And yes, I applied my OWP permit application along with my Permanent Residence Application. BUT I also think that this is there standard ( I mean the notes saying the restrictions.)
I was wandering if you included with your application for WP a copy of your medical exam ?
When I called at CIC an agent told me that the medical validity are 1 - 1 and a half year .
Just wandering if that will make a difference.

Is there anybody here on the forum that included his medical exam with the PR application and DO NOT have the interdiction ?

whatalongwait

Dec 14, 2014
Wife landed today at the Hornby office. Glad we double checked our letter, otherwise we would have went to Expo Blvd. If you're landing at the Hornby office, Use the door on the left. And if you have some sort of interview scheduled other than the landing interview and arrived early, don't go out for lunch because we saw an agent look for someone who just stepped out for lunch assuming they came too early (they were an hour early).

Anyways, 3 standard questions, a few initials and signatures, then we received our charter of rights, copr, and we were done. Took less than 10 minutes.

The officer said the pr card should arrive in 3-4 weeks.

FYI we got AIP in January so the second stage took 11 months. Our OWP would have expired Jan 2015. We extended as a visitor twice before sending out for the owp, which was only for a year. For those of you with similar timelines, keep your fingers crossed. I'm assuming they didn't want us to have to extend again, which we were going to do the week we received DM.

Thanks to everyone who have been providing updates. They kept us going, and hopeful, and good luck to everyone else!

honeyblossom678

Nov 23, 2014
whatalongwait said:
Wife landed today at the Hornby office. Glad we double checked our letter, otherwise we would have went to Expo Blvd. If you're landing at the Hornby office, Use the door on the left. And if you have some sort of interview scheduled other than the landing interview and arrived early, don't go out for lunch because we saw an agent look for someone who just stepped out for lunch assuming they came too early (they were an hour early).

Anyways, 3 standard questions, a few initials and signatures, then we received our charter of rights, copr, and we were done. Took less than 10 minutes.

FYI we got AIP in January so the second stage took 11 months. Our OWP would have expired Jan 2015. We extended as a visitor twice before sending out for the owp, which was only for a year. For those of you with similar timelines, keep your fingers crossed. I'm assuming they didn't want us to have to extend again, which we were going to do the week we received DM.

Thanks to everyone who have been providing updates. They kept us going, and hopeful, and good luck to everyone else!
Congratulations! i am glad to hear that everything went well. I would like to know what are the 3 standard questions CIC asks at the interview?

whatalongwait

Dec 14, 2014
honeyblossom678 said:
Congratulations! i am glad to hear that everything went well. I would like to know what are the 3 standard questions CIC asks at the interview?
The questions we were asked:

Have you ever been convicted in Canada?
Have you ever been denied entry or deported from Canada(or any other country)?
Do you have any other dependents in Canada or other country that is not on your application?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
wictory said:
what do they check on medical exactly ? what is the exact procedure ?
I heard there can be slight differences depending on the doctor. For me, it was a 10min exam with the physician, she checked my eye, abdomen, couple standard question, than an X-ray of the chest and a blood work.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
whatalongwait said:

Congrats and thanks for sharing!:)

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
Itswel and Zanjabil any news for you?

Guanaquito

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waiting forever :(
LANDED..........
Waiting & waiting forever
Guys read this great news!!! :D

Home Departments & agencies Citizenship and Immigration Canada News Notices
Notice – Work permits for spouses and common-law partners living in Canada
December 20, 2014 - Eligible spouses or common-law partners will now have the opportunity to work in Canada while they wait for their application for permanent residence to be processed.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will issue open work permits to certain spouses or common-law partners who are applying for permanent residence from inside Canada, before the approval in principle decision on their application is made.

Effective December 22, 2014, as part of a one-year pilot, CIC will begin issuing open work permits to eligible applicants in the current inventory.

More information and instructions on this pilot program will be available on Monday December 22, 2014.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-20.asp

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guanaquito said:
Guys read this great news!!! :D

Home Departments & agencies Citizenship and Immigration Canada News Notices
Notice – Work permits for spouses and common-law partners living in Canada
December 20, 2014 - Eligible spouses or common-law partners will now have the opportunity to work in Canada while they wait for their application for permanent residence to be processed.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will issue open work permits to certain spouses or common-law partners who are applying for permanent residence from inside Canada, before the approval in principle decision on their application is made.

Effective December 22, 2014, as part of a one-year pilot, CIC will begin issuing open work permits to eligible applicants in the current inventory.

More information and instructions on this pilot program will be available on Monday December 22, 2014.
Thanks for the info!

Now...you have to wonder what they mean by "eligible applicants in the current inventory". I guess that would seem to confirm those that have had AOR for months, but maybe...only some of those?

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
Ponga said:
Thanks for the info!

Now...you have to wonder what they mean by "eligible applicants in the current inventory". I guess that would seem to confirm those that have had AOR for months, but maybe...only some of those?
This worries me too. I hope I am eligible to apply Ponga. This waiting game drives me nuts!

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
Thanks for the info!

SO I guess we can remove your theory #3 now? Pilot will only apply to files post-announcement date? ;)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
civic said:
SO I guess we can remove your theory #3 now? Pilot will only apply to files post-announcement date? ;)
Well, it certainly looks that way doesn't it!

This is such a positive move for CIC!

Itswell

Dec 18, 2014
3september2013 said:
Itswel and Zanjabil any news for you?
My update is a sad one. I called yesterday and the Agent told me that he will send a request to the office(r) in charge, reminding them that it is about time we receive a letter. He told me to call back after 3 months should in case we receive nothing or call back after 1 month for an update.
I just hope I will not have depression this time, I am really finding it hard to cope :( :(

Itswell

Dec 18, 2014
Carlaganda23 said:
This worries me too. I hope I am eligible to apply Ponga. This waiting game drives me nuts!
While it's a great news, it is not yet clear for us to know who is eligible and who is not.
We don't know the criteria!