Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
great news!!
so we just need to fill a form and mail it to them? how about the fee?
is there more information about how to apply, how to pay the fee, how much is the fee? thanks

MYERSATOR

Oct 6, 2014
folks-g said:
Hey guys its very nice to see the changes that cic has made in order to make the wait a little easier by issuing wp at aor for those who qualify . And to those without status be thankful that ur app was accepted because no one knows what will happen next year since it looks like you will not be able to apply inland if you do not have status.
i dont have to be thankful for anything. my application was accepted because that was the law not someone's favor - so i am not going to be thankful for my husband application to have been accepted when he was out of status when CIC instructed us there was no need to renew status - and now they found an easy way out - not letting applicants like us apply for OWP. What CIC is doing now - creating more bureacracy and making this OWP thing a red herring. Nothing changed, only got worse!! they are not processing PR applications not anywhere near a decent pace. They offered applicants an OWP which still gives no status, no allows us to travel outside Canada - and majority is already applauding as if this whole news is the best thing that ever happened..

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
mary63 said:
great news!!
so we just need to fill a form and mail it to them? how about the fee?
is there more information about how to apply, how to pay the fee, how much is the fee? thanks
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
sophieee said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp
Thanks Sophieee

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-launches-pilot-program-for-spouses-waiting-for-permanent-residency-1.2881460?cmp=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Wait time said "weeks" for those been waiting 18 months plus, and 4 mos to those who applied after Dec 22, 2014

Lets keep our fingers and toes crossed!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Work permits are going to Unit 555, but the instruction for us is to send the package to Unit 777, so we can have a different processing time for the new OWP than the other, non-SCLPC applicants.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
April Fajardo said:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-launches-pilot-program-for-spouses-waiting-for-permanent-residency-1.2881460?cmp=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Wait time said "weeks" for those been waiting 18 months plus, and 4 mos to those who applied after Dec 22, 2014

Lets keep our fingers and toes crossed!

That's not how I understand it, the promised processing time of "weeks" are for existing inventory, some of which have waited for AIP over 18 months. Thats just how the reporter worded it to describe the situation. In short, there will be "some weeks" wait time for existing inventory and there will be maximum 4 months for those who will apply for OWP now!

fy2013

Oct 14, 2014
civic said:
That's not how I understand it, the promised processing time of "weeks" are for existing inventory, some of which have waited for AIP over 18 months. Thats just how the reporter worded it to describe the situation. In short, there will be "some weeks" wait time for existing inventory and there will be maximum 4 months for those who will apply for OWP now!
the way I get it is that the 4 months of processing time is for the people who will be applying for owp along with their sponsorship application past December 22nd.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
MYERSATOR said:
i dont have to be thankful for anything. my application was accepted because that was the law not someone's favor - so i am not going to be thankful for my husband application to have been accepted when he was out of status when CIC instructed us there was no need to renew status - and now they found an easy way out - not letting applicants like us apply for OWP. What CIC is doing now - creating more bureacracy and making this OWP thing a red herring. Nothing changed, only got worse!! they are not processing PR applications not anywhere near a decent pace. They offered applicants an OWP which still gives no status, no allows us to travel outside Canada - and majority is already applauding as if this whole news is the best thing that ever happened..
Sorry to hear about your situation but whoever at CIC told that you do not need renew your status gave you some bad advice. It's always in the best interest of the applicant to maintain legal status. It's mentioned in the application instructions. Most people do this by sending OWP application with their PR app. Did you happen to do this?

And for the majority of the people this is really good news. You're a September application so hopefully that can get to your AIP soon. Good luck!

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
WE GOT OUT OWP IN THE MAIL TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

THE WAIT HAS PAID OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I TOTALLY WAS SCREAMING AND JUMPING AT THE MAILBOX (and it's a community mailbox!!..lol)

THE REST OF YOU HAVE YOURS ON THE WAY!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOHOOOOO

THANK YOU THANK YOU TO EVERYONE...ALL MY FRIENDS AND WAITING BUDDIES ON HERE!! I appreciate all of you who have helped me through this time!!! :)

LeBon

May 21, 2013
Hi everyone, I'm very excited for those who have been given such great news today. However I have a question related to status and I'd appreciate your input. I married my wife in Canada as a visitor, then went on our honeymoon. While we were in Europe, my sister-in-law mailed the sponsorship application (with the OWP application). We returned and I re-entered as a visitor, I have been in status since then (first as a visitor and eventually a worker with an OWP).

Am I eligible for the pilot program?

susana

Nov 4, 2008
LeBon said:
Hi everyone, I'm very excited for those who have been given such great news today. However I have a question related to status and I'd appreciate your input. I married my wife in Canada as a visitor, then went on our honeymoon. While we were in Europe, my sister-in-law mailed the sponsorship application (with the OWP application). We returned and I re-entered as a visitor, I have been in status since then (first as a visitor and eventually a worker with an OWP).

When did you apply ? Do you have an open work permit under IEC? When does the wp expires? Did you have a valid status before you left for your honemoon?

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
LeBon said:

As long as you had a legal status when you applied and still do now, you should be good. If not, hopefully you've been out of status for less than 90 days, and apply to restore the status now! The only thing you missed out on by leaving the country is your implied status, and since you're back in Canada no problem, you obviously didn't need the implied status.

LeBon

May 21, 2013
susana said:
When did you apply ? Do you have an open work permit under IEC? When does the wp expires? Did you have a valid status before you left for your honemoon?
My application (sponsorship & OWP) was received by CIC on October 2nd 2013.

I currently hold an IEC OWP valid until February 2015.

I entered Canada legally as a visitor prior to my wedding in late August 2013 (I got married in September 2013).

susana

Nov 4, 2008
LeBon said:
My application (sponsorship & OWP) was received by CIC on October 2nd 2013.

I currently hold an IEC OWP valid until February 2015.

I entered Canada legally as a visitor prior to my wedding in late August 2013 (I got married in September 2013).
You are eligible for the program.