+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

LeBon

May 21, 2013
susana said:
You are eligible for the program.
Thank you both for your help - it is very much appreciated! I hope that turns out to be the case (I have a lot of faith in the members here). I was a little confused - I'm clearly not the only one. I didn't have status on the day CIC received the file even though I was never actually in Canada without status.

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
I'm really confused.

Does my common-law partner qualify for this new OWP thing?

AOR - sept 18th - we applied inland and we sent the our OWP along with the application. We paid all fee's already

does she qualify? what form does she have to fill out if she does qualify? do we have to pay again?

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
Linden said:
Sorry to hear about your situation but whoever at CIC told that you do not need renew your status gave you some bad advice. It's always in the best interest of the applicant to maintain legal status. It's mentioned in the application instructions. Most people do this by sending OWP application with their PR app. Did you happen to do this?

And for the majority of the people this is really good news. You're a September application so hopefully that can get to your AIP soon. Good luck!
I agree. I was told by the CIC agent last year that you should renew your status... if you apply for PR but your current visa is expiring then you should apply for a visitor visa.

You said that by applying for OWP will maintain your legal status and i knew this (it was our situation) but it just occured to me.... what status will you technically have if your visa expires but you applied for PR and OWP? Just 'implied' status?

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
ACS said:
WE GOT OUT OWP IN THE MAIL TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

THE WAIT HAS PAID OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I TOTALLY WAS SCREAMING AND JUMPING AT THE MAILBOX (and it's a community mailbox!!..lol)

THE REST OF YOU HAVE YOURS ON THE WAY!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOHOOOOO

THANK YOU THANK YOU TO EVERYONE...ALL MY FRIENDS AND WAITING BUDDIES ON HERE!! I appreciate all of you who have helped me through this time!!! :)

Congrats ACS..!

how long befor u received the actual OWP since u got ur AIP email..? just curious.. my husband is done on his medical.. we received his AIP email last week dec. 15 and still waiting for his OWP

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
ACS said:
WE GOT OUT OWP IN THE MAIL TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I TOTALLY WAS SCREAMING AND JUMPING AT THE MAILBOX (and it's a community mailbox!!..lol)

THANK YOU THANK YOU TO EVERYONE...ALL MY FRIENDS AND WAITING BUDDIES ON HERE!! I appreciate all of you who have helped me through this time!!! :)
Haha congrats ACS!!! :D

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ACS said:

Did you get it from the new Pilot Program or just in general

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
CK07 said:
Congrats ACS..!

how long befor u received the actual OWP since u got ur AIP email..? just curious.. my husband is done on his medical.. we received his AIP email last week dec. 15 and still waiting for his OWP
Thank you :)

I don’t think our situation is usual….but my husband apparently got AIP Nov.17th. We got no email, even though this was confirmed by CIC agents and eCAS. I harassed them for weeks, and we finally got his AIP email Thursday Dec.18th (even though the AIP was issued Nov.17th!).
The (LOVELY and BEAUTIFUL) OWP arrived in our mailbox on Monday Dec.22nd!!  Really quick (Ha! About the only QUICK thing in this whole process so far!!!)

My thoughts are that they are now under pressure to issue any outstanding OWPs that already should have been sent out ASAP….

I don’t remember (and I’m at work right now, so can’t check) but I’m sort of thinking this may have actually been issued from Mississauga to arrive so quickly….?!? One CIC call center rep said that they are issued in Mississauga…but we know how accurate the poor reps can be (or NOT be…) :p lol

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Jamesdavid3 said:
Did you get it from the new Pilot Program or just in general
Just in general....and looooooong overdue ;)

The call center agents were saying back in November that it should have been issued already....

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
And let me tell you....celebrated a little bit too much last night, with the arrival of the OWP AND my husband's mother coming to visit for the first time....work is HURTING today..........lol :p :p :p ::)

Abyssin

Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now in CTD-Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Jun 3, 2014
Med's Request
Sent with our App.
Med's Done....
Jan 28, 2014
ACS said:
And let me tell you....celebrated a little bit too much last night, with the arrival of the OWP AND my husband's mother coming to visit for the first time....work is HURTING today..........lol :p :p :p ::)
I'm really happy for you, your husband and your family :) Merry Christmas and Happy new Year to all of you :)

crmalone44

Feb 26, 2014
Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this will help anyone, but I went to the border last night to try and get my work permit through the new pilot program and I had a wild, but successful experience. I posted this in the FB group but thought I would put it here too as both group have a wonderful source of organic CIC information as my wife and I navigate this process.

So my experiment at the border worked, though, I figure I will tell the whole story because it is quite remarkable. My wife, son, and I crossed over into US. Again I have a visitor record as a US citizen that was obtained at the border, immediately upon the expiration of my closed work permit and record of my inland PR app being "in the system. After actually leaving Canada (which was made explicitly clear by Canadian border agent that leaving must occur as flagpolling is really frowned upon by Canadian border agents. For example, the CBSA agents, said, "go have a cup of coffee, get some gas, whatever, but don't just turn around on the bridge." Anyway. After grabbing dinner in Niagara Falls, NY, getting gas and ten delicious American microbrews (in bottles, I didn't drink them and show up hammered to the border). I go into immigration and the woman was initially quite cold, really wasn't interested in what I had to say, and just wanted from me. 1. Passport 2. Job Offer (which I have). 3. Resume. 4. Proof of Qualifications (i.e copies of my diplomas and transcripts). That was all she asked for. I had filled out a "application to change conditions" but she didn't want it. She took all of it, said little, made NO mention of the pilot program whatsoever, and then 15 minutes later asked me to come up and then sent me to go pay for another work permit (I had my receipt for original one with CIC, but she said, I would have to recover that money from them as they can't do it at the border. Fine, whatever, at this point, I am ready to jump for joy. AND THEN. Because my job is with a school, I needed a medical (which I have, provided proof that I had done it, but for the life of her, she couldn't find it in her database). She and another border agent, tried really hard for an hour to find it, but they couldn't. Ultimately, she told me there is no record, she had no idea why, was really sorry, but I should contact the medical provider I used and CIC to investigate further and in the meantime, get another medical, because once a medical was on record, I would be issued my work permit at the border - though she did say, it often takes 6-8 weeks for medicals to show in the system. I was crushed. So close. I didn't give her any crap at all, was kind because it was quite clear she felt awful for me and knew I wasn't lying about the medical. She then had my paid for work permit refunded, said goodbye, thanked her again and got into my car and left. By the way, another border agent gave my son a teddy bear and played him for a while. It was really nice. Okay. At this point, I am depressed on my drive home, but my wife and I are trying to make the best of it, thinking well, at least we know the medical isn't on record and I can resolve it now as opposed to finding out about it later. Nonetheless, it meant another 2 months without work permit and potentially another 400 hundred for another medical. Anyway. I am getting into bed and my cell phone rings. It reads, "Canadian Border Services" and I am thinking, "are you kidding me?" "Did I leave something there?" I pick up the phone and it is the border agent apologizing for calling so late (it is 11:00 pm) but she wanted to tell me that she had spent the entire time looking for medical and found them, but wanted to call me because she wouldn't be working for a week and figure i would want to know before the holidays. She said to come back tomorrow and I could get my work permit and everything was noted in the file. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I was shocked by her persistence in the matter and her kindness. She said, the problem was that that CIC has had some problems merging two database systems and there were sometimes clitches that left out information. It is an incredible story and I will be going back down the border to get my work permit. She said it would be issued for 3 years through, so I am not sure it is connected to the pilot program, but I will ask when I go back. Nonetheless, it did seem clear I needed a job offer. I did not need an LMIA - which my employer has been trying to get for nearly 6 months now (the TFW is another clustercuss at the moment). Anyway... it restored my faith in Canadian kindness. CIC definitely needs to work out their processes but in the end, people, like this kind woman at the border who called me and made it right, matter. Hope this helps some people, as I do think it is worth a shot for some who are in my situation to try their luck at the border. I would imagine you MUST be in status, It didn't hurt to be American, to be married (have wife with me), EVERY piece of supporting documentations of my life with me, and the kindness and work ethic of a border agent. I am baking the border people at Queenston-Lewiston bridge cookies and bringing them cookies and coffee this afternoon!

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
ACS said:
Just in general....and looooooong overdue ;)

The call center agents were saying back in November that it should have been issued already....
Congrats to you and your family! Nice Christmas gift ;D

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
bankerguy said:
I agree. I was told by the CIC agent last year that you should renew your status... if you apply for PR but your current visa is expiring then you should apply for a visitor visa.

You said that by applying for OWP will maintain your legal status and i knew this (it was our situation) but it just occured to me.... what status will you technically have if your visa expires but you applied for PR and OWP? Just 'implied' status?
Yes you will have implied status which carries the same conditions as the expired visa. Once OWP is approved you are able to work.

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
ACS said:
Thank you :)

I don't think our situation is usual....but my husband apparently got AIP Nov.17th. We got no email, even though this was confirmed by CIC agents and eCAS. I harassed them for weeks, and we finally got his AIP email Thursday Dec.18th (even though the AIP was issued Nov.17th!).
The (LOVELY and BEAUTIFUL) OWP arrived in our mailbox on Monday Dec.22nd!!  Really quick (Ha! About the only QUICK thing in this whole process so far!!!)

My thoughts are that they are now under pressure to issue any outstanding OWPs that already should have been sent out ASAP....

I don't remember (and I'm at work right now, so can't check) but I'm sort of thinking this may have actually been issued from Mississauga to arrive so quickly....?!? One CIC call center rep said that they are issued in Mississauga...but we know how accurate the poor reps can be (or NOT be...) :p lol

now you can sleep with no worries ACS.. sit back and relax let your hubby do the rest.. haha

thegorchess

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
Alurra71 said:
Everything always seems so bleak when you are waiting in the 'immigration' limbo. The 2012 applicants date didn't change for over 8 months at one point. We all assumed it was due to the strike but CIC was adamant that it had no effect at all on the inland applications. It was noteworthy though, that if you take a look at the spreadsheet that Screech maintained for us all, that we almost ALL landed within 12-13 months even after the holdup.

So, my advice to all of you who really don't see an end in sight and feel like you have been waiting forever, firstly, STOP looking at that date on the website, it is quite general and not really reflective of where they TRULY are currently working; and then cross your fingers that CPC M will also have a flurry of activity and be issuing AIP/DM either the same day or very close at hand to one another like they have been for the last year and a half. Even though I know ya'll don't feel like anyone has done anything, look at the ones who have already landed or at minimum have gotten DM and are waiting on landing letter. It isn't moving at lightning speed, but it IS moving.
I am already at 15 months and if you look at the dates posted by CIC, they have always aligned with the spreadsheet. They are a bit outdated at the moment (Dec 17, 2014), but they say they are working on files received August 28, 2013 and that matches perfectly with our spreadsheet.