+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indirect route from India

Wisp

Star Member
Jul 27, 2021
He
i know the thread is for indirect route, though wanted to highlight that direct canada flight booking on air canada is open now for flight dates 21st and onwards. Last two months that was not the case....is it a sign that flights are getting to normal cycle from 21st sept (??) and that might mean if they accept PCR test from India for direct flight how can they ignore that for indirect. (well iknow they can do whatever they want, but there is a fair chance that normal India/Canada opens up on 21st)
Hey - did you receive any confirmation on this?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i know the thread is for indirect route, though wanted to highlight that direct canada flight booking on air canada is open now for flight dates 21st and onwards. Last two months that was not the case....is it a sign that flights are getting to normal cycle from 21st sept (??) and that might mean if they accept PCR test from India for direct flight how can they ignore that for indirect. (well iknow they can do whatever they want, but there is a fair chance that normal India/Canada opens up on 21st)
They are booking for now, however I think they will cancel the booking if restriction is extended further.

Counter argument is that they had declared around 10-Aug (I.e. 10-11 days ahead of restrictions date) when they extended it last time. Since they have not extended it this time, may be they will just let that deadline to be over silently on 21st.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wisp and hinavin

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
FWIW I can share that my buddy had booked AC direct flight YYZ-DEL-YYZ with confirmed tickets starting YYZ 29 Aug which AC continued to amend automatically until 20 Sept and finally called in with option to cancel or carry forward to 25-ish September. Return 30 Sept. He took a full refund since the work was no longer needed. This info does not give much help but I thought AC was planning to start 1 Oct at least. This was last week.

anti_maniac

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They are booking for now, however I think they will cancel the booking if restriction is extended further.

Counter argument is that they had declared around 10-Aug (I.e. 10-11 days ahead of restrictions date) when they extended it last time. Since they have not extended it this time, may be they will just let that deadline to be over silently on 21st.
your counter argument is what i was thinking about as well.... also a close friend at work is constantly looking for options for someone in his family and i myself have checked flights out of curiosity. And in last three months air canada didnt allow/or showed in search result direct flight options (logically they should have some early info from govt as they cant just start booking on 20th Sept for 21st....and fly first few flights empty).

anti_maniac

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FWIW I can share that my buddy had booked AC direct flight YYZ-DEL-YYZ with confirmed tickets starting YYZ 29 Aug which AC continued to amend automatically until 20 Sept and finally called in with option to cancel or carry forward to 25-ish September. Return 30 Sept. He took a full refund since the work was no longer needed. This info does not give much help but I thought AC was planning to start 1 Oct at least. This was last week.
the million dollar question is when did your buddy booked the ticket for 29th? was it in June/July? May be my colleague didnt religiously check but atleast i have been checking flights (like once a week atleast) since june and never managed to get a direct flight option on Air canada website (may be it opened for a short window and i didnt check that day).

My colleagues wife and kids are struck there (both PR) and he was not comfortable making them do round the world trip and test at third site....so i can guess he is also frantically searching :D (not sure though)

Anyhow its all a speculation on my part based on open bookings, and this is least risk option - as if the flights don't open you get our money back vs taking a different route and hoping that 21st onward things are back to normal. Lets see...its a week left :D

Reactions: hinavin

larack

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Air Canada says they are resuming direct flights TO India from September 20th (no official word on travel FROM India). This aligns with the 21st travel back from India. Maybe they are ending the ban on 21st? I would suggest you guys to wait for couple of days before booking hard to cancel routes (If you haven’t booked already)

Scroll down for the resume dates announcement.

https://www.aircanada.com/en-ca/flights-to-delhi

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
the million dollar question is when did your buddy booked the ticket for 29th? was it in June/July? May be my colleague didnt religiously check but atleast i have been checking flights (like once a week atleast) since june and never managed to get a direct flight option on Air canada website (may be it opened for a short window and i didnt check that day).

My colleagues wife and kids are struck there (both PR) and he was not comfortable making them do round the world trip and test at third site....so i can guess he is also frantically searching :D (not sure though)

Anyhow its all a speculation on my part based on open bookings, and this is least risk option - as if the flights don't open you get our money back vs taking a different route and hoping that 21st onward things are back to normal. Lets see...its a week left :D
That's a good point. Book now to grab a lower price as long as full refund is the T&C.

anti_maniac

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Air Canada says they are resuming direct flights TO India from September 20th (no official word on travel FROM India). This aligns with the 21st travel back from India. Maybe they are ending the ban on 21st? I would suggest you guys to wait for couple of days before booking hard to cancel routes (If you haven’t booked already)

the interesting part is they talk about fly out to delhi....but never talk about return. Though when i tried to book it allows me to book return as well. Anyway they wont fly one way and bring empty flights back :)

agro

Jun 26, 2021
the interesting part is they talk about fly out to delhi....but never talk about return. Though when i tried to book it allows me to book return as well. Anyway they wont fly one way and bring empty flights back :)
Agree I have booked refundable Business class route for around 1 lakh. Worth it considering indirect route was costing double that to just for the economy class.

anti_maniac

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agree I have booked refundable Business class route for around 1 lakh. Worth it considering indirect route was costing double that to just for the economy class.
i guess it is one way (?), as the cheapest return (both sides direct flight) on economy that i found was around 1900 CAD

Suzdee8197

Mar 14, 2021

Seems like a good case, but bearing everything that has happened in the past , I would be really skeptical to put my Money on this news. However I would be glad if they would resume direct flights again. Any credible news as of late that has confirmed Canada lifting the Ban?. Last time they had informed regarding extension of Ban around August 10th , but nothing of that sort this time around though. I am assuming if they indeed confirmed then tickets would be sold out like hot cakes!!. Hopefully they would end the travel ban

Reactions: jaaayy

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
Hi All, confused here. I want to fly my mum out from Mumbai to Toronto, via Dubai.
Can she stopover in Dubai for 2 days to complete testing? I would apply a visa for her.
Does she have to stay at a hotel or can she stay with family in Dubai?
Does this booking need to be done on 1 PNR or can it be 2 if she is stopping over?