+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indirect route from India

CoderGeek

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
But my understanding is that decision will be announced earlier than 20th & govt may avoid changing rules just before elections. Also, count is increasing.

If that happens it will mean a delay of another month.
Yeah any thing is possible, will have to wait it out and hope for the best.

CoderGeek

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
What documents do we need to show before boarding the flight in India? Do we need to show the quarantine plan for 7 days?
You visa to Canada and Onward ticket to Canada is the only think that matters irrespective of which third country you travel. Your final destination is Canada. Yeah there are caveats in certain locations you visit. For ex: you need a return ticket if you are flying to Maldives but not required if it was Mexico or Albania, just the onward ticket to Canada is fine.

CoderGeek

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
Do we need covid test from last destination. There are no direct flights from Albania, Serbia or Oman. Then how are these routes working?
Not really, just get RT-PCR outside India within that 72 hours window and you are good to go.

Reactions: agro

CoderGeek

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
Cna

Can you help me I am also planning to go! Do you require to change terminal? Where is the PCR test done? Are you sure Visa is not required for less then 24 hours?
Buddy there are easiest routes than Zurich. Try Albania or Serbia, immigration is very cool.

CoderGeek

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
There is too much uncertainty regarding any revision of Canada's stand on direct flights. Last month, the announcement of extension of ban until Sep 21st was announced on Aug 10th. By that logic any revision announcement should happen near about next few days. But looking at the political situation, they may elect to extend the ban to maintain the status quo. No idea what they will decide on...
I don't see the ban helping much here. Students are traveling anyways using third country route, they might as well open the gates.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah any thing is possible, will have to wait it out and hope for the best.
Yes, but flights are getting expensive day by day. I understand there was a reason to have that rule specifically for India. But now it's getting frustrating :(.

I delayed booking of my ticket by a day (to sort out rules) & the route which I liked got expensive by $500. After I booked my flight, same ticket got expensive by $700.

Ritz@BrockU

Star Member
Aug 8, 2021
Hey! Is the Abu Dhabi route open for Indian passport holders with a Canadian Study permit? I have seen update that the RT-PCR is available in transit. Any info re. this?

anti_maniac

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i know the thread is for indirect route, though wanted to highlight that direct canada flight booking on air canada is open now for flight dates 21st and onwards. Last two months that was not the case....is it a sign that flights are getting to normal cycle from 21st sept (??) and that might mean if they accept PCR test from India for direct flight how can they ignore that for indirect. (well iknow they can do whatever they want, but there is a fair chance that normal India/Canada opens up on 21st)

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Come Sep 20th there is election and things might change by then. Schools have re-opened here, Non essential travelers are allowed and you never know ban might be lifted.
Nice optimism, we live in hope! For once a political event will benefit mere mortals LOL