Indirect route from India

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Hi All, confused here. I want to fly my mum out from Mumbai to Toronto, via Dubai.
Can she stopover in Dubai for 2 days to complete testing? I would apply a visa for her.
Does she have to stay at a hotel or can she stay with family in Dubai?
Does this booking need to be done on 1 PNR or can it be 2 if she is stopping over?
https://www.emirates.com/ca/english/help/covid-19/dubai-travel-requirements/tourists/
Hotel stay not needed.
" ...Indian Nationals with a normal passport who are travelling to or from India via Dubai can obtain a visa on arrival in Dubai for a maximum stay of 14 days provided they:
  • have a visitor visa or a green card issued by the Unites States, or
  • a residence visa issued by the United Kingdom or Europe union
The visa issued by United States, United Kingdom or Europe union has to be valid for a minimum of 6 months
Test on arrival
Passengers arriving in Dubai from the following countries will be required to take another COVID‑19 PCR test on arrival at Dubai International airport:
Afghanistan, Angola, Argentina, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Brazil, Cambodia, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, Greece, Guinea, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Poland, Philippines, Qatar, Rwanda, Russia, Senegal, Slovakia, Somaliland, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Zimbabwe.

Transiting in Dubai
All transit passengers must complete all the requirements of their final destination.
Transit passengers from the following countries must present a negative COVID‑19 PCR test certificate for a test taken no more than 72 hours before departure:
  • Bangladesh, Ethiopia, India, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia, Indonesia
All other transit passengers are not required to present this certificate unless it is mandated by their final destination. ...
..."

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
Booked Air Canada flight from new Delhi to Vancouver for the 22nd September. Just got an email from air canada that the direct flight will depart on schedule but a RT PCR or Rapid RT PCR test needs to be done at the Indira Gandhi International Airport at terminal 3 which should be done 18hrs prior to fight departure. Hope this info be of help to you all. Thank you. No other covid test from anywhere else would be accepted.

Swar_M

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Hello , anyone travelling by Hyderabad (India) to Toronto via Abu Dhabi on 1st October by Etihad Would like to connect if interested

Last edited:
Reactions: hinavin

rokuamit

Aug 28, 2021
How about 1 or 2 stop flights. Will there still be need of rt pcr from third country or same rule as air canada (rt pcr from airport)?

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
Booked Air Canada flight from new Delhi to Vancouver for the 22nd September. Just got an email from air canada that the direct flight will depart on schedule but a RT PCR or Rapid RT PCR test needs to be done at the Indira Gandhi International Airport at terminal 3 which should be done 18hrs prior to fight departure. Hope this info be of help to you all. Thank you. No other covid test from anywhere else would be accepted.
Pls msg us when u arrive in Canada.. safe journey

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
Reactions: anti_maniac

Suzdee8197

Mar 14, 2021
Finally some good news. Hopefully everything goes well for you. I have booked a direct flight on 2nd of October from Delhi to Vancouver. However if we need to take RT-PCR test from Delhi itself do we need to travel to Delhi 18 hours prior?. I need to travel from Bangalore.

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
Finally some good news. Hopefully everything goes well for you. I have booked a direct flight on 2nd of October from Delhi to Vancouver. However if we need to take RT-PCR test from Delhi itself do we need to travel to Delhi 18 hours prior?. I need to travel from Bangalore.
Hey there. Thank you. As per the latest email from air Canada, PCR test needs to be done 16hrs before departure and PCR Rapid test needs to be done 6 hrs before departure. The results needs to be uploaded on the ArriveCan app. So for example my flight from DEL - YVR leaves at 5am on the 22nd. I am doing the test between 10-11pm on the 21st so that I have some leeway and can upload the results on time. Good luck bud.

Suzdee8197

Mar 14, 2021
Hey there. Thank you. As per the latest email from air Canada, PCR test needs to be done 16hrs before departure and PCR Rapid test needs to be done 6 hrs before departure. The results needs to be uploaded on the ArriveCan app. So for example my flight from DEL - YVR leaves at 5am on the 22nd. I am doing the test between 10-11pm on the 21st so that I have some leeway and can upload the results on time. Good luck bud.
Thanks for the reply and wishes. So If I am not mistaken you are going to get done with PCR Rapid test right?. And will the Delhi CPRF Personals allow us inside the Airport if duration of Flight is more than 8 hours?. Have you checked this info? or can we just show the proof of scheduled PCR test in the airport?.
Best of Luck for your onwards journey too.

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
Thanks for the reply and wishes. So If I am not mistaken you are going to get done with PCR Rapid test right?. And will the Delhi CPRF Personals allow us inside the Airport if duration of Flight is more than 8 hours?. Have you checked this info? or can we just show the proof of scheduled PCR test in the airport?.
Best of Luck for your onwards journey too.
Yeah I don't think that would be an issue.

Reactions: sarab1402

dibs.ab

Mar 15, 2021
How about 1 or 2 stop flights. Will there still be need of rt pcr from third country or same rule as air canada (rt pcr from airport)?
In the same boat. My in-laws have a 1-stop flight to Toronto (via FRA) next week. I was told by one of my politically-connected agent friends that this rule will exist for all major Indian airports starting Sep 22, viz., RT-PCR test at the airport facility within 18 hours, and will apply to connected flights to Canada as well. Let’s hope for the best. Anyone who successfully takes direct or connected flights, please do report as and when you depart/arrive!

Reactions: hinavin