Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
Any one planning to travel via indirect route from Delhi to Toronto via Mexico
I would love to connect
From 25 july to 30 july?

Sinper

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
Why would someone take that route when airlines are accepting the bookings from Delhi to Toronto from 1st August and no body knows if Canada will suspend the direct flights from India after 21st July. I think its better to wait till 21st and then make your booking accordingly.

AalekhT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Why would someone take that route when airlines are accepting the bookings from Delhi to Toronto from 1st August and no body knows if Canada will suspend the direct flights from India after 21st July. I think its better to wait till 21st and then make your booking accordingly.
Air Canada does not mentioned in the tweet somewhere that they do not accept test which are done in india. So its better to go via indirect route instead of waiting for direct flight reopening. Another thing if they wanted to open the direct flights they would not reduce the seats from the planes which will land in Toronto from Delhi plus the route between delhi and Vancouver would've also started from 1st August but no they delayed the flights till 16th August.

Sana 12345

Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
Air Canada does not mentioned in the tweet somewhere that they do not accept test which are done in india. So its better to go via indirect route instead of waiting for direct flight reopening. Another thing if they wanted to open the direct flights they would not reduce the seats from the planes which will land in Toronto from Delhi plus the route between delhi and Vancouver would've also started from 1st August but no they delayed the flights till 16th August.
True
Now it is stupidity to wait and to trust on air canada
They are saying this because they don't want students to apply for refund

Reactions: Alamj

NuthanP

Jan 7, 2019
Any one planning to travel via indirect route from Delhi to Toronto via Mexico
I would love to connect
From 25 july to 30 july?
Hi Sana, I wish to travel from india to Canada as they extended the travel ban to August 21. Can you please how you are planning to book the tickets? I mean what route and from which country you would get the rt pcr test?

absingh

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
I believe that Mexico is best/safe option for now... it may be little expensive compared to Ethiopia but I am choosing to travel via Mexico City.

absingh

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
That is correct @AnishaJain91 .

Numbers are increasing in US, UK, Mexico and in many other countries. I think that Canada has put restrictions on direct flights to India solely because of Delta Variant. I think that there are minimal chances of flights getting banned from Mexico/US/UK as they didn't even ban these at the height of third wave.

I was comparing the pros and cons between Mexico/Ethiopia/Serbia and found that Mexico will be most convenient to travel and arrive to Canada on Aug 10 as hotel quarantine will not be required.

Let me know if there are other viable options. I am open to all suggestions.

Naquiv8

Sep 25, 2020

Numbers are increasing in US, UK, Mexico and in many other countries. I think that Canada has put restrictions on direct flights to India solely because of Delta Variant. I think that there are minimal chances of flights getting banned from Mexico/US/UK as they didn't even ban these at the height of third wave.

I was comparing the pros and cons between Mexico/Ethiopia/Serbia and found that Mexico will be most convenient to travel and arrive to Canada on Aug 10 as hotel quarantine will not be required.

Bro have you got any idea about how much the whole trip, ie India to Mexico to Canada is gonna cost?

absingh

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
Bro have you got any idea about how much the whole trip, ie India to Mexico to Canada is gonna cost?
I am planning this trip for my fiancé, hence my focus is on safety and convenience.

Trip from Delhi - Mexico City via London ($1700 CAD) and then Mexico City to Vancouver ($450 CAD). Include the COVID test in Mexico City ($100 CAD) and Hotel (2 nights at max - $250 CAD).

Looks like something around $2500 plus additional personal cost (Getting to Delhi from wherever you are starting) + COVID test in India.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Canada did cancel flights to Mexico and other Caribean destinations. They made an agreement this winter/spring with multiple airlines to cancel all the flights. Flights only restarted this summer

Catmom

May 28, 2020
Canada did cancel flights to Mexico and other Caribean destinations. They made an agreement this winter/spring with multiple airlines to cancel all the flights. Flights only restarted this summer
What do you think would be the best thing to do right now?