+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indirect route from India

Naquiv8

Sep 25, 2020
I am planning this trip for my fiancé, hence my focus is on safety and convenience.

Trip from Delhi - Mexico City via London ($1700 CAD) and then Mexico City to Vancouver ($450 CAD). Include the COVID test in Mexico City ($100 CAD) and Hotel (2 nights at max - $250 CAD).

Looks like something around $2500 plus additional personal cost (Getting to Delhi from wherever you are starting) + COVID test in India.
Thanks for the detailed information bro! This looks like the best case scenario for most of us unless Dubai doesn't extend it's flight ban i suppose

Reactions: absingh

absingh

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
Canada did cancel flights to Mexico and other Caribean destinations. They made an agreement this winter/spring with multiple airlines to cancel all the flights. Flights only restarted this summer
Yes, thanks for correcting me. When I wrote that, I was considering the time when they put the flight ban from India/Pakistan/Brazil even after lifting ban from all other countries.

When flights to Sun destinations were banned, vaccination rated here in Canada was very low. Now with 80% eligible Canadians with first dose and 57% eligible Canadians fully vaccinated, I still believe that there is very little chance of flights getting banned within North America.

Like always, this is just what I am thinking and assuming. Nothing is guaranteed and check all the restrictions before travelling.

absingh

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
Thanks for the detailed information bro! This looks like the best case scenario for most of us unless Dubai doesn't extend it's flight ban i suppose
I agree. Flying via DUBAI/DOHA/ABU DHABHI will be most convenient if they remove restrictions on Indian travelers and allow COVID testing at the airport/nearby labs.

narayanf1

Dec 8, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is anyone considering traveling before end of July? My wife is considering via Frankfurt or via Mexico. Someone is in transit currently via Frankfurt and we are waiting to hear their experience. But in the meantime, if anyone has figured out a plan of travel, appreciate if you can share the details!

dishant53

Jul 20, 2021
Yes, I checked with British Airways and UK govt website. As long as you have a valid visa issued by Canada, you are exempt from transit visa requirement and you can use that to enter Mexico as well.

You have to have a negative COVID PCR report to board any flight to UK.
Thanks for replying!! Is it not possible to get a RTPCR test done at the London airport? Any idea?

absingh

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
My bad. Looks like India is in the Red List countries for UK, hence my earlier suggestion won't work. Looks like Lufthansa is the only option at the moment.

dishant53

Jul 20, 2021
My bad. Looks like India is in the Red List countries for UK, hence my earlier suggestion won't work. Looks like Lufthansa is the only option at the moment.
No worries! What is the route with lufthansa can you please tell me? Also is it possible to get a RTPCR test at an airport in Germany???

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
That is correct @AnishaJain91 .

Numbers are increasing in US, UK, Mexico and in many other countries. I think that Canada has put restrictions on direct flights to India solely because of Delta Variant. I think that there are minimal chances of flights getting banned from Mexico/US/UK as they didn't even ban these at the height of third wave.

I was comparing the pros and cons between Mexico/Ethiopia/Serbia and found that Mexico will be most convenient to travel and arrive to Canada on Aug 10 as hotel quarantine will not be required.

Let me know if there are other viable options. I am open to all suggestions.
When are you planning to travel?

absingh

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
No worries! What is the route with lufthansa can you please tell me? Also is it possible to get a RTPCR test at an airport in Germany???
Mumbai/Delhi to Frankfurt and then Frankfurt to Mexico City. No, I don't see any options for RTPCR for transiting passengers at Frankfurt but Mexico doesn't require any testing for entry.

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
I am also in the same timeline and also as of now seeking information in terms of which route will be cheaper and safe.
1. At this moment are you considering Mexico route?
2. Also do we need to show the quarantine plan at YYZ though we are travelling by indirect route.
3. My class start date is the 8th of SEP can I travel between 10th-15th AUG as the rule in Canada says that students cannot travel before 21 days of the class start date.

Reactions: JAS131313

NuthanP

Jan 7, 2019
I agree. Flying via DUBAI/DOHA/ABU DHABHI will be most convenient if they remove restrictions on Indian travelers and allow COVID testing at the airport/nearby labs.
But Indian passengers can fly through dubai to other countries right? They do allow passengers who has connecting flights right?

absingh

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
But Indian passengers can fly through dubai to other countries right? They do allow passengers who has connecting flights right?
No, at the moment, no. DUBAI is not allowing any transit travelers from India or who have been to India 14 days prior to travel.

NuthanP

Jan 7, 2019
I spoke to Emirates yesterday and they said it shouldn't be a problem because I will be only transitting through dubai to go to mexico