Indirect route from India

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a ticket from India(cok) to Toronto through Dubai(emirates) for 22nd September. Due to all these confusion I called emirates to verify the situation and they are saying, as per the instructions they received early this morning that the (the restriction are still in place till 21st November) Indians need to get a RTPCR negative certificate outside India so I will not able to travel.
what a pain this has become.
21st November or 21st October?

If till 21st Nov, then it's highly likely that it will be extended to 21st Jan. They will probably not remove it during peak holiday season.

shinoyvj

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
01-03-2021
Med's Request
09-03-2021
Med's Done....
16-01-2021
Why don’t you try booking with Etihad. They have a RT-PCR facility at transit. I have booked from kochi to Auh- yyz
I booked this in March and rescheduled to 3-4 times and become 22nd September . I also have an etihad ticket for October 11th.

sohelfitter07

Sep 7, 2021
Me and 1 yr old are flying British Airways from Hyderabad to Toronto via Heathrow on Oct 6. Hope they change rules soon and a PCR test at Hyderabad will be sufficient. Flying via Delhi is a huge hassle,
can you tell me, what are the requirement to travel Canada via Heathrow. I am planning to book ticket for my mother in law via Heathrow brithish airways, but not sure what are the requirements for british airways. Can you tell me do we need one more covid test at Heathrow ?

agro

Jun 26, 2021
can you tell me, what are the requirement to travel Canada via Heathrow. I am planning to book ticket for my mother in law via Heathrow brithish airways, but not sure what are the requirements for british airways. Can you tell me do we need one more covid test at Heathrow ?
You won’t be allowed to board and your money will be waisted. As per air bubble agreement BA will deny you boarding.

dibs.ab

Mar 15, 2021
Spoke to Public Health Agency of Canada some time back: as of today the PCR test restrictions will remain as is until Nov 21st, viz., travellers from India will need to continue to do the test in a third country. They said this restriction was originally only up to Sep 21, but they've fallen behind in updating it (likely due to election), so they do expect further changes in a few days, which they'll post here: https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/india

Reactions: anti_maniac

Radhika777nair

Feb 18, 2018
Spoke to Public Health Agency of Canada some time back: as of today the PCR test restrictions will remain as is until Nov 21st, viz., travellers from India will need to continue to do the test in a third country. They said this restriction was originally only up to Sep 21, but they've fallen behind in updating it (likely due to election), so they do expect further changes in a few days, which they'll post here: https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/india
Thank you for letting us know.

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
90 day wait time for OHIP is currently waived. It will return so would verify tight before your parent lands but otherwise you don’t need extra insurance coverage.
Hey @canuck78 , hope all is well at your end! Been a while :)

Thanks for the heads up - lemme see if they refund LoL though wont hold my breath for it

Gset

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
That means if we take direct flight from Delhi, we can use RTPcR from delhi airport. But if we take any connecting flight, we need to get test from 3rd country as before. Right??

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That means if we take direct flight from Delhi, we can use RTPcR from delhi airport. But if we take any connecting flight, we need to get test from 3rd country as before. Right??
Looks like this is the case. Although I am confused about a scenario where travel is originating from Delhi, however flight is not direct (Air Canada or any other airline).

Gset

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Looks like this is the case. Although I am confused about a scenario where travel is originating from Delhi, however flight is not direct (Air Canada or any other airline).
It’s already 21 end of day and they still haven’t updated the travel page. I understand Elections are priority for them. But there are 1000s of ppl waiting for this clarity on Twitter or IRCC portal.

Radhika777nair

Feb 18, 2018
Hey I spoke to them as well and they said something different. I think even they are waiting for clarity on this. Nothing is certain at the moment.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Am I reading it wrong or are they confused?

It reads:

Transport Canada is announcing an extension of the Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) that restricts all direct commercial and private passenger flights to Canada from India until September 26, 2021, at 23:59 EDT.

& Then:
As a first step, on September 22, 2021, three direct flights from India will arrive in Canada